Taxation is Theft

brewster

Re: Taxation is Theft

Post by brewster » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:01 pm
It really is a pernicious lie, though. While it is true the US has a progressive income tax rate in which many working Americans pay very little into the federal budget, the overall tax burden in this country is extraordinarily regressive. When you break down the total percentage of income taxed, the upper brackets are making out like bandits. Lots of them don't even pay income tax because they do not work anyway. Capital gains taxes are low as fuck. Then there are all sorts of tax loopholes to get out of paying that.

The average working class American may be paying 0-15% income tax, but when you look at their state income taxes, property taxes, consumption taxes, and taxes on every necessity for life, they pay a larger share of their annual income in taxes than billionaires do as of last year. The trend had been falling for quite a while, but Trump's gibs tax breaks to the neocons and lolbergs actually managed to push the total tax rate for billionaires below the average working class family.

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/wa ... udy-claims

Consider the impact of taxes on things like houses, annual auto title taxes, communications taxes, gas taxes, food taxes, etc. on the median household income. Those things take up a giant portion of the average American's expenses and assets, but only a much smaller fraction of those of the wealthy families. Most of their assets are financial rather than property, and their income is mostly capital gains.

Consider also the very billionaires who are so keen to destroy your local communities with offshoring and open borders are paying very little into the federal budget. Then the very corporations carrying out those ambitions on behalf of their billionaire shareholders are often paying zero taxes themselves while struggling Americans are getting loaded with ever more tax burden coupled with dwindling jobs and stagnating real incomes.

It's actually quite disgusting. This country is fucking ruined for a lot of reasons, and this worship of money and markets chief among them. This Paul Ryan-style worship of money and markets is not really less disgusting than the demon tranny story hour for the little kiddos. They are both liberal degeneracies; one is sexual and the other is economic. Part of the same poisonous set of ideologies we lovingly call neoliberalism.

And taxation is not theft you fucking dipshits. Go live in the Alaskan wilderness if you believe that where you can be free.
Must be upside down day, we agree 100% on something other than SF! The other thing to remember is that 22% is probably high, they're shielding way more income than is taxed. That's the way it works, back when it was 90% no one actually paid that. Another thing often forgotten in these articles and discussions is that we're talking about Marginal Rates, meaning the rate only applies to income over the cutoff. If the cutoff is $100k and you make $125k, you only pay the higher rate on income OVER the cutoff, not on the whole thing. So if there's say a 50% tax on income over $10m, anything under that is taxed at the lower rate.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Truly is upside down day when I agree with a jew rhe poor are being driven even more poor at the expense of the """"""elite""""""" :roll:

Nah not really. It's the same bullshit as it ever was

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 pm

I believe you are arguing in good faith however. I believe you are a good person truly. I believe a lot of things but I don't believe in money. I want a natural order I want an end to perversion.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:16 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:56 pm
I believe a lot of things but I don't believe in money.
And you guys call me a commie! this is just another example of you showing what a moron you are. Money is a stand-in for work and goods. Honest bankers are a societal good. You'd burn down the house because you feel a draft.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:40 am

Honesty and modern banking are mutually exclusive. It is impossible for an honest man to engage in a business founded upon theft.

This is where these lolbergs really annoy the piss out of me. Taxation obviously is not theft. But usury truly is theft. They don't have any problems with theft at all.

This doesn't mean our taxation scheme in this country is legitimate or right. It's clearly not. But to call taxation theft while defending usury is fucking insane.

Deposit banking without leveraging the deposits in usurious loans is fine, but that's not what anybody does except *some* of the Muslim financial institutions.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:40 am
Honesty and modern banking are mutually exclusive. It is impossible for an honest man to engage in a business founded upon theft.

This is where these lolbergs really annoy the piss out of me. Taxation obviously is not theft. But usury truly is theft. They don't have any problems with theft at all.

This doesn't mean our taxation scheme in this country is legitimate or right. It's clearly not. But to call taxation theft while defending usury is fucking insane.

Deposit banking without leveraging the deposits in usurious loans is fine, but that's not what anybody does except *some* of the Muslim financial institutions.
It seems to me that you are perfectly free not to have interest on your deposits nor to borrow money. But the basic banking model as illustrated in It's a Wonderful Life serves a critical purpose in our society.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 am

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 am
And yet, The Bard's doggerel aside, a functional banking system was one of the greatest weapons England and then Britain had. It allowed them to wage war on borrowed money, while the crowns of Europe had much worse credit.

Honestly I don't understand the whole "usury" thing. No one is going to lend you money for nothing. So everyone would be only able to buy or invest with cash resources, slowing the economy to a crawl. Plus no one could invest their savings or get interest, What you saved would be all there was. A static society is what you'd have, those with land would remain wealthy, those without would remain poor. Sound familiar?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am

brewster wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 am
And yet, The Bard's doggerel aside, a functional banking system was one of the greatest weapons England and then Britain had. It allowed them to wage war on borrowed money, while the crowns of Europe had much worse credit.

Honestly I don't understand the whole "usury" thing. No one is going to lend you money for nothing. So everyone would be only able to buy or invest with cash resources, slowing the economy to a crawl. Plus no one could invest their savings or get interest, What you saved would be all there was. A static society is what you'd have, those with land would remain wealthy, those without would remain poor. Sound familiar?
I think Mr Shakespeare was having a dig at the gentry who were taking loans out to finance fancy living in the capital while their estates went down the pan.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:44 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am
I think Mr Shakespeare was having a dig at the gentry who were taking loans out to finance fancy living in the capital while their estates went down the pan.
Borrowing against your assets to maintain your lifestyle is a sure way to end up with nothing. This is what happened to millions in the last decade, when they thought money borrowed using their appreciated homes as collateral was "free", rather than borrowed from themselves. In 2004 I borrowed $80k from my property equity for a downpayment to invest in another $380K property. Via the magic of bank loan and gentrification that $80k invested turned into a property now worth $900k, and really cost me nothing since every expense including both loans were paid by the rentals. This is the magic of "good" banking, when you invest in an asset, rather than borrow money to piss away on cruises and in Vegas.