Global overpopulation

C-Mag

Re: Global overpopulation

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am

brewster wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:33 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:17 am
Hey, rich folks are in Baltimore cleaning up years of filth in poor neighborhoods, and you say Civic Nationalism is dead.
fixed that for you.

I didn't see a Bezos, Steyer, Bernie, Clinton, Pelosi, Gates or Dorsey there. While those Rich White Liberals talk a lot of shit, they don't do anything for their fellow man and especially not people of color. No, this was mostly modest white folks going into Black Baltimore in an attempt to show folks there that the community be cleaned up without waiting on Rich Liberals to do it for you.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am
No, this was mostly modest white folks going into Black Baltimore in an attempt to show folks there that the community be cleaned up without waiting on Rich Liberals to do it for you.
interesting. I assumed you were just talking about gentrification.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:02 pm

brewster wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:30 pm
C-Mag wrote:
No, this was mostly modest white folks going into Black Baltimore in an attempt to show folks there that the community be cleaned up without waiting on Rich Liberals to do it for you.
Seriously, get the language right, I keep hearing about "cleaning up filth/trash", tsk tsk...

They were merely removing accumulated neighborhood excess inventory, probably left by justice involved residents in opposition to racist laws restricting where such excess inventory can be stored.

On another topic, do you know how much the city spends on removing effluent and hypodermic street/sidewalk donations in the city? They need more federal funds to help prevent common first world city diseases like TB, plague, Cholera, etc.

I do wonder how many red pills it takes for Tim to realize the left has left him? :think:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Is that his 3rd Elite property he's bought since he left office ?
1. The Magnum PI estate
2. The Washington DC walled and gated house
3. Martha's Vineyard estate
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:52 pm

brewster wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
It was an initiative by the gay "Right-Wing Extremist" Scott Presler. Really amazing to behold.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:13 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:52 pm
brewster wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
It was an initiative by the gay "Right-Wing Extremist" Scott Presler. Really amazing to behold.

This is the most 2019 thing I have ever seen.

Otern

Post by Otern » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:34 am
Both are pretty crucial to the increase in food production. In the 70s 'the best available science' predicted a starving planet in the 90s. This was based on the food production numbers and population growth of the 70s. But there was a food production revolution that took place the last 15-20 years of the 20th Century that isn't talked about.

During the 70s dry land wheat farming would produce 35-45 bushels to the acre. By 2000 that same ground would be producing nearly 100 bushels to the acre. Further, in the 70s it would have taken at least 3-5x as many people to do the work.

Likewise Pork and Chicken production has gone from small producers to large corporate factory producers that produce year round. We now have farm raised fish, shrimp and other seafood.

There was a huge revolution in food production, and we are straining the limits of the current technology and methods. It has required the use of a lot of chemicals and genetically modifying plant species. We actually don't know if there will be long term affects. There are certainly hints that things like High Frictose Corn Syrup are not good for the human body, and I'm sure we will learn of more. I guess that's the price we pay to keep food cheap for 8 billion people.
A lot of this was due to previously non-exploited areas finally being used for agriculture, and the development of GMOs and breeding better crops. While it's true that technology did give us more food, there's really no reason to expect technology to keep up the growth of yields as it did in the last 70 years.

Technology doesn't improve exponentially or linearly. As a new paradigm shift comes, a lot of technologies seem to be developing at an exponential rate. Think of guns after the industrial revolution. Starting off pretty slow, with their development, then at the late 1800s, it just booms, and keeps getting better and better, and finally flattens out in the 1930-1940s. Improvements still come, but they're incremental. Airplanes really took off in the 1930-1950s, then the improvements started flattening out. Digital revolution made microprocessor technology improve at an insane rate in the 90s and early 2000s, but now the improvements aren't as great for each year as they used to be. The same principle exists for every new technology.

Now we're living in the age of insane improvements in artificial intelligence. And maybe that's one of those technologies that'll end in a technological paradigm shift, as the steam engine was in its time, or the use of fossil fuels was a little bit later, or the microprocessor even later. But I remain conservative in my faith on it. It might give an absolute insane boost to all other technologies, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in the basket on this one.

One could make the argument that even the paradigm shifts itself follows the same development curves of individual technologies in general. The steam engine gave us the industrial revolution, which in turn made other improvements come at an accelerated rate. But even this rate have seemed to slow down a bit.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:12 am

The elites planned the last century as well as this one and let me tell you something; the The Haber-Bosch Process revolutionized the way we thought about supplying the world with petroleum based fertilizers. Turns out you can make gun powder with this. Perhaps they thought it better to give Africans grain as opposed to the farming techniques that lead to explosives? Kind of weird this salt of earth allegory.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:28 am

Food should not be a problem. 1/3 of all food produced is going to waste so there is enough being produced today to cover any projected increase in population.
The biggest problem we are facing is the overuse of non-renewable resources and lack of recycling. That is always going to come back and haunt us. The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system always increases or remains constant. Once we dig up a resource it will start to disperse and everything is finite. We just have to deal with it and keep innovating to find alternative solutions and better ways to do things. I can't see what the alternative would be. Killing people? Forced sterilization? Just give up and drug ourselves to oblivion? Going back to a previous "better" time? When was that?

What are you suggesting Ottern?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck