Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 pm

You want to hear about some young dude burying the hatchet
Hell yeah. That would be epic.
:hand:
Come on. It's obviously just for laughs. Elizebeth Warren is not buying 25 year old jiggalos to dominate them in BDSM sex.

C-Mag

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:39 pm

It is, I'm making the obvious joke that she's repulsive.

It would be funny as hell though.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm

All Democrats Drop Out Of Presidential Race Since The World Is Ending From Climate Change And There's No Point
U.S.—The recent U.N. conference on climate change and especially the words of 16-year-old activist Greta Thunberg have had a profound impact on the Democratic presidential candidates, so much so that they are now turning words into action and dropping out of the presidential race since they now think there’s no point to it.

“We’re all going to die, so why am I wasting my time on this?!” cried Cory Booker as he collapsed to his knees. “There’s nothing we can do!”

“Why am I fighting for abortion on demand at 39 weeks when we’re all going to die anyway?!” screamed Elizabeth Warren. “It’s all pointless! All my plans are pointless!”
“Here I was worrying about billionaires when it’s the sun that’s my enemy!” yelled Bernie Sanders as he shook his fist at the sun. “I should have taxed the sun!”
The only Democrat not dropping out is Joe Biden, who seemed to not quite understand what’s going on, only remarking, “Yep. Climate stuff is pretty bad,” before going into a long story about his rival Corn Pop.

President Trump also seemed unfazed by it all. “So the planet is warming a bit. Who cares?”

https://babylonbee.com/news/all-democra ... int-anyway
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:30 am

Fauxohauntis is going to win - Donald done, Biden done, Bernie done. How much are my taxes going up? She wants medicare for all - so we talking a 40-50% fed and income tax for those making $100-250k? Mandatory white privilege classes for all why mids starting in pre-school? Reparations? Mandatory sexual identity discovery seminars for kindergergardners? Ban on all “scarry” looking guns? 1000% tax on ammo? Open borders? Federal approval of all salaries about 200k? Mandatory equal pay? $15 min fed wage...federal property tax?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:48 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:30 am
Fauxohauntis is going to win - Donald done, Biden done, Bernie done. How much are my taxes going up? She wants medicare for all - so we talking a 40-50% fed and income tax for those making $100-250k? Mandatory white privilege classes for all why mids starting in pre-school? Reparations? Mandatory sexual identity discovery seminars for kindergergardners? Ban on all “scarry” looking guns? 1000% tax on ammo? Open borders? Federal approval of all salaries about 200k? Mandatory equal pay? $15 min fed wage...federal property tax?
:lol: :lol:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm
All Democrats Drop Out Of Presidential Race Since The World Is Ending From Climate Change And There's No Point
U.S.—The recent U.N. conference on climate change and especially the words of 16-year-old activist Greta Thunberg have had a profound impact on the Democratic presidential candidates, so much so that they are now turning words into action and dropping out of the presidential race since they now think there’s no point to it.

“We’re all going to die, so why am I wasting my time on this?!” cried Cory Booker as he collapsed to his knees. “There’s nothing we can do!”

“Why am I fighting for abortion on demand at 39 weeks when we’re all going to die anyway?!” screamed Elizabeth Warren. “It’s all pointless! All my plans are pointless!”
“Here I was worrying about billionaires when it’s the sun that’s my enemy!” yelled Bernie Sanders as he shook his fist at the sun. “I should have taxed the sun!”
The only Democrat not dropping out is Joe Biden, who seemed to not quite understand what’s going on, only remarking, “Yep. Climate stuff is pretty bad,” before going into a long story about his rival Corn Pop.

President Trump also seemed unfazed by it all. “So the planet is warming a bit. Who cares?”

https://babylonbee.com/news/all-democra ... int-anyway
Probably should have lead with the link. The ways things are written today, that looked like legitimate news.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:15 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:48 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:30 am
:lol: :lol:
Meanwhile, analysts are crunching the numbers on Medicare-for-all. The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget found that "financing a $30 trillion program would require the equivalent of tripling payroll taxes or more than doubling all other taxes."
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ta ... re-for-all

https://fee.org/articles/the-medicare-f ... -knows-it/

We're seriously headed off a fiscal cliff....low estimate is 30T over 10 years....more than 10 years of federal taxes....They're talking payroll tax increases, income tax increase, VAT....everything....if you make 100-250K, you're essentially going to be a slave.

Laugh all you want, but there is a very good possibility that she (or some other collectivist hack) gets elected with a far left Congress.

I would quit working if my taxes tripled.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:38 am

Eh..

If Medicare For All were implemented as the sole insurer, with private insurance being more supplemental services, then it likely would be cheaper than what we all pay for health care now. Sure, it would be a big budget item, but that budget would come from your payroll taxes, and your additional payroll taxes would likely be much less than what you currently pay for shitty private insurance.

The ZOMG Medicare for all will bankrupt us!! canard doesn't really track well. Most people realize it's a matter of shuffling how we pay for insurance, not add a bunch of shit to what we already have to pay for.

That's not to say there aren't other legit criticisms. Pretty sure death panels are going to be a major problem if the government controls what medical services you are allowed to get. That's a much better tactic to oppose the idea than the costs.

The obvious retort from the left is that profit in the context of a health care finance was always a really, really bad idea, since profit in that context means people are not getting health care they otherwise would want or need. It's death panels by other means, and being poor means you are most likely to be forced to die.

Thus, if you really wanted to oppose MFA, you'd want to acknowledge this fact and counter with the counterfactual that most single payer systems result in death panels of some kind, and therefore it might be worthwhile to just loosen up the regulations so that we could somehow establish national not-for-profit health care co-ops, etc.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:43 am

S’plain yourself - we currently pay $30 trillion in insurance premiums?

How is the middle class not being asked to heavily subsidize the entire fucking world (open borders remember)?