Tory leadership campaign

Montegriffo

Re: Tory leadership campaign

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Lastest instalment of Tory Story...
Police were called to the home of Boris Johnson and his partner, Carrie Symonds, in the early hours of Friday morning after neighbours heard a loud altercation involving screaming, shouting and banging.

The argument could be heard outside the property where the potential future prime minister is living with Symonds, a former Conservative party head of press.

A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”.
The neighbour said they recorded the altercation from inside their flat out of concern for Symonds. On the recording, heard by the Guardian, Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to “get off my fucking laptop” before there is a loud crashing noise.

Symonds is heard saying Johnson had ruined a sofa with red wine: “You just don’t care for anything because you’re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything.”

The neighbour said: “There was a smashing sound of what sounded like plates. There was a couple of very loud screams that I’m certain were Carrie and she was shouting to ‘get out’ a lot. She was saying ‘get out of my flat’ and he was saying no. And then there was silence after the screaming.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nsons-home

Only 5 weeks left to survive Boris...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:22 pm

BBC says the walls are closing in on him, huh?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:22 pm
BBC says the walls are closing in on him, huh?
Nah, they think he'll survive this.
''makes him appear human'' apparently.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:30 pm

lol

Political cartoonist should draw him in a wife beater with a beer and a newspaper.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:51 pm

Up to the Conservative party membership now.
120,000 people, 97% white, 70% male with an average age of 57 get to decide who the next PM is.
There's that accountability we all want to return to post Brexit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:51 pm
Up to the Conservative party membership now.
120,000 people, 97% white, 70% male with an average age of 57 get to decide who the next PM is.
There's that accountability we all want to return to post Brexit.
Sexism and racism on display there.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Vote harder.

:lol:

:goteam: :drunk:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm

No, I think it's about time old white guys got some power at last.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:31 pm

I think the racism and sexism inherent in your value judgment is telling. Somehow it's vile for white men to think in terms of their own self-interests since, after all, "the white race doesn't exist" and men are equal with women, and thinking in terms of those identities is somehow destructive of civic nationalism. But then if white men do tend to win an election, suddenly being white and male are detriments to government.

Either your identity matters or it does not.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:31 pm
I think the racism and sexism inherent in your value judgment is telling. Somehow it's vile for white men to think in terms of their own self-interests since, after all, "the white race doesn't exist" and men are equal with women, and thinking in terms of those identities is somehow destructive of civic nationalism. But then if white men do tend to win an election, suddenly being white and male are detriments to government.

Either your identity matters or it does not.
What self-loathing people don't realize that when shit really hits the fan that when shit gets violent the racists and sexists aren't going to differentiate which white men are the "good ones"

White knighting is suicide
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session