Dallas DA says he will allow theft

PartyOf5

Re: Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:31 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:46 am
Oh, they are all illegals doing it then? That's interesting.
So who are the people committing these crimes exactly? You're talking like you know, so where is the data to back up your claims?

As soon as I read Dallas Texas, I thought of illegals. Unemployment is extremely low, and we have numerous government handout programs that keep US citizens from starving. I doubt this is all because US citizens are so bad off they need to steal $750 worth of groceries to survive.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 am

“Economic gain.” I guess that means if you steal and then resell it as opposed to consuming it, you’re still subject to prosecution? What if you steal it and feed a family member? What if you steal it but hold onto it for a few days or weeks? How will the intent element be proved or disproved? Doesn’t strike me as a manageable carve-out.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:46 am

Looking forward to the Mexican papers running this headline.

“... And when you get to America go to Dallas, where anything you need is free”.

Hey Martin, should we go halfsies on dropping fliers across the border, spreading the good news? Immanitize the eschaton and all that?

Jeez.

Love how the DA acts like this is a humanitarian decision. Nothing screams “love your neighbor” like declaring open season on retailers. Soooo generous ... with other people’s shit, as usual.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:21 am

He's back peddling.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas- ... ain-crimes
"It is understood that individuals who shoplift items valued near or amounting to $750 are most likely shoplifting for economic gain, such as boosting items for resale, and not out of necessity," the district attorney said.
So, he recognizes that someone stealing $750 worth of stuff is probably doing so for financial gain. Why announce that as the limit on what you can steal, then?

If I were DA, I probably wouldn't prosecute a destitute woman who took a couple cans of Simulac to feed her baby, until a pattern emerged. I wouldn't announce that as my policy, though. $750 is a lot of f-ing food. That exceeds our monthly food budget by several hundred dollars.

If I were a grocer in Dallas, I would immediately start locking up the formula and diapers.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Arc Light

Post by Arc Light » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:25 am

Something similar happened in Atlanta last year. Although this seems more on the police end than DA.
ATLANTA - A new move by the Atlanta Police Department has many small businesses feeling vulnerable.

The department announced earlier this week that, due to a recent uptick in crimes across Zone 2, which encompasses the Buckhead area, the Police Department will not be dispatching officers to shoplifting calls in most cases.

For big-box stores, hiring their own security isn’t as much as a burden as it is for the smaller stores, such as the men's store Labels.
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlant ... /720842357

I tried to find something more recent but could not find anything.

This was on APD's FB:
Additionally, retailers are encouraged to develop a security plan that is less dependent upon the Atlanta Police Department.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:30 am

Who in their right mind will sell groceries, diapers, medicine, etc., in a city where anyone can steal your wares without fear of repercussion.

Looks like the slow dissolution of the American state. When the law isn’t prosecuting crimes, and citizens are being told to provide their own security, we’re going back to the Wild West.

Everyone protect your own shit and dispense your own justice.

Cool.

I shouldn’t have to pay a 28.3% income tax rate for that though. That sounds more like a 3% tax rate type of government.
Assuming they’re still providing roads.
;)

Fife.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:52 am

Dallas is full of dindus. This is just more judicial activism.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:54 am

At the same time they keep pushing to ban guns, so owners of small shops won't be able to defend themselves.

The areas that already had crime problems will get worse because of this. Then the citizens of those communities will scream racist when the shops in their crime-ridden neighborhoods all close up and they have no options left. The people who can afford to get out of those areas, will move away. Then it will be another crisis because the people in those neighborhoods won't have any stores within walking distance and we will have to pay more to have them bused around to other areas for free. Then the crime will seep into those areas. recycle/repeat.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:55 am

Oh, and now I can cross Dallas (and maybe Texas as a whole) off my list of places to ever consider moving to.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:57 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:55 am
Oh, and now I can cross Dallas (and maybe Texas as a whole) off my list of places to ever consider moving to.
Or add it to your places to move if you ever go through an economic disaster.
Shit, $750 of free “necessary” shit, per vendor, per day?
Definitely going to Dallas if I lose all my shit.