Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Kath

Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Post by Kath » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:53 am

http://www.fox4news.com/news/business-o ... w-policies
Dallas County's new district attorney announced his office will no longer prosecute "theft of necessary items" up to $750.
Hmmm... what could go wrong? I'm sure everything will be fine. Grocery store owners can suck it.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Ex-California

Re: Dallas DA says he will allow theft

Post by Ex-California » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 am

Its probably because of the financial strain it puts on the courts and prisons, but what does that say about our court and prison spending when we won't even protect the fundamental right of property anymore?

I mean, all that really matter is "don't hurt people, don't take their stuff" and the "don't take their stuff" is out the window if its cheap
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:45 am

What does it say about capitalism.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:02 am

California wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:35 am
Its probably because of the financial strain it puts on the courts and prisons, but what does that say about our court and prison spending when we won't even protect the fundamental right of property anymore?

I mean, all that really matter is "don't hurt people, don't take their stuff" and the "don't take their stuff" is out the window if its cheap
An open invitation to steal $750 worth of food is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard a prosecutor say. If that's truly policy, it should be an honor don't offer type of thing. He basically told all the criminals in Dallas to go get their free stuff. I predict a mass closure of grocery stores in Dallas, or they will simply stop carrying the items the DA has on the "won't prosecute," list. Paying customers are going to be pissed when the stores no longer carry formula & baby diapers, because they keep walking out the door.

Can a criminal just walk in with a cart, grab $300 worth of stuff and walk out without paying? I'm guessing there's some sort of phrase they need to tell the staff on the way out, "Hey, I only have $300 worth of stuff, so no need to call the cops."
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:13 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:45 am
What does it say about capitalism.
What does an DA, either elected or appointed by representative government, deciding to abandon the law say about capitalism?

... and other goofy non-sequiturs here at MHF, all day, every day.

:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:33 am

I suppose it says our current economic order is so dysfunctional that enough people are stealing food and medicine that at least one prosecutor's office decided to no longer bother prosecuting crimes committed in order to live.

What does your bible of the Sowell church of Mammon have to say about a large percentage of the population no longer being able to feed themselves without committing crime because there are insufficient jobs, rising costs of living, and declining real incomes?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 am

The most concerning part of what is happening is that, technically, jobs are booming. This really is all we are going to get. It doesn't get better than this. People are working, but they don't make enough to live decent lives. We have record unemployment and yet real incomes are still stagnant.

You can only spin the economic wheels like this for so long before something has to give.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:43 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:33 am
I suppose it says our current economic order is so dysfunctional that enough people are stealing food and medicine that at least one prosecutor's office decided to no longer bother prosecuting crimes committed in order to live.
Indeed, those millions of desperate illegals invading Texas (due to another failure of government- securing the border) and stealing the locals blind is an obvious indictment of capitalism. How did we all miss that?
What does your bible of the Sowell church of Mammon have to say about a large percentage of the population no longer being able to feed themselves without committing crime because there are insufficient jobs, rising costs of living, and declining real incomes?
Mammon is a devil of covetousness, and no man covets what they have fairly earned. So you should probably be asking yourself what the church of Mammon teaches, after you get done cheerleading the non-Americans blindly stealing from Dallas locals, of course. I can see why their theft would be such a hit at your Church, covet-lord.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:46 am

Oh, they are all illegals doing it then? That's interesting.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:47 am

You’re going to try to hide behind “all” now?
Of course you are.
Because you’re not very bright.

If I can find one Dallas citizen stealing $750 of less, then my declaration of capitalism being a failure is correct. This one city in a border state where ICE is so overburdened it’s turning thousands of illegals loose on the streets proves it ... even if no other city in the nation is following suit.
:roll: