New Zealand - Killer Praised Trump

Smitty-48

Re: New Zealand - Killer Praised Trump

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Judicial review is in effect.

They can take it to the judiciary as they like, although I think most judges would say "frivolous, piss off"
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:45 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:40 pm
I back the landed gentry on this one.

Self interest.

I don't want people thrown in jail for anything but the most serious crimes.

People who cause a nuisance and get a ticket for it; don't care. Not even a bit.
Self interest isn't a very compelling argument to limit free speech, maybe that shit sells to others in the landed gentry, but that smells like horseshit to me. Shouting obscenities is not something people should get tickets for, whether you care or not, isn't relevant.
I am in favour of municipal power.

I am a land owner, and I will be a tyrant with bylaws.

And I make no apologies for it.

If they come after them with indictable offence, federal power, then I would oppose.

City of London? Have at them.
I am in favour of municipal power, but that doesn't mean I support tyrannical bylaws, does not compute. The City of London has the right to be stupid here, but that doesn't mean they should.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:45 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:42 pm
Self interest isn't a very compelling argument to limit free speech, maybe that shit sells to others in the landed gentry, but that smells like horseshit to me. Shouting obscenities is not something people should get tickets for, whether you care or not, isn't relevant.
I am in favour of municipal power.

I am a land owner, and I will be a tyrant with bylaws.

And I make no apologies for it.

If they come after them with indictable offence, federal power, then I would oppose.

City of London? Have at them.
I am in favour of municipal power, but that doesn't mean I support tyrannical bylaws, does not compute. The City of London has the right to be stupid here, but that doesn't mean they should.
I am all in favour. Hurling invective at women on the street is a nuisance in my old school estimation.

Bylaws I give broad latitude.

I don't get my back up, unless people are facing jail.

No jail? Cry me a river.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 pm
I am all in favour. Hurling invective at women on the street is a nuisance in my old school estimation.

No jail? Cry me a river.
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

Your argument isn't compelling, you might be all for it, however your reasoning behind that position leaves much to be desired.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:55 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:52 pm

No jail? Cry me a river.
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

Your argument isn't compelling, you might be all for it, however your reasoning behind that position leaves much to be desired.
My reasoning is that I am going to want people causing me a nuisance to be cracked down upon.

I'm not a hypocrite, I wouldn't jail you for causing me a nuisance, but I would still demand that it be curtailed.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Also, these clowns might chirp at my wife walking by for all I know, and then I would like to smash all their teeth down their throats, so they are actually getting off lightly.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 pm
My reasoning is that I am going to want people causing me a nuisance to be cracked down upon.

I'm not a hypocrite, I wouldn't jail you for causing me a nuisance, but I would still demand that it be curtailed.
Shouting obscenities should not be curtailed, free speech is more important than women not being insulted. It was only declared a nuisance because people were offended and complained about hate speech, otherwise it wouldn't have been considered a nuisance, even under the shitty London by law.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Also, these clowns might chirp at my wife walking by for all I know, and then I would like to smash all their teeth down their throats, so they are actually getting off lightly.
Some dude already did that. A silly bylaw is not necessary, smash away Smitty, supporting a shitty by law does no good.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 pm

Shouting obscenities should not be curtailed, free speech is more important than women not being insulted. It was only declared a nuisance because people were offended and complained about hate speech, otherwise it wouldn't have been considered a nuisance, even under the shitty London by law.
Corso Italia. Take a lap, Mungiacakes bible thumpers, or you will get a beating. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:00 pm
Some dude already did that. A silly bylaw is not necessary, smash away Smitty, supporting a shitty by law does no good.
I pay my taxes, let the constable deal with them. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent