Can we be objective about Ilhan Omar for a moment?

TheReal_ND

Can we be objective about Ilhan Omar for a moment?

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 am

This woman literally has more balls than all of our house of representatives. Not only is she a first term, complete fucking outsider, she doesn't waste any time calling to task what she feels is wrong. She does this KNOWING full well the reaction she will get from the same party that groomed her, as well as her opponents. And some people that would agree otherwise are too afraid to even fucking say it lmao

Let's just be real and remove our personal opinions about her political accusations for a second.

This woman deserves respect more than nearly anyone in politics.

I don't like her for what she is but I can respect her on a personal level. Do I want politicians like this? No. I used to believe Americans had balls but maybe I'm wrong.

Hastur

Re: Can we be objective about Ilhan Omar for a moment?

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:54 am

She's great at making the Democrats look bad, that's about all she's good for.
*yip*

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:26 am

It only makes them look bad to the few who are actually aware of her background and behavior. Same goes for AOC. Recently a top staff/aide/whatever stepped down during an investigation into some type of campaign fraud I think. These stories are covered so little the masses don't even know they exist.

Our system is broken. The government is a wasteland of corruption and the media, who are supposed to the watchdogs, are instead lap dogs. In an age where the internet should be working to make everyone fully informed, it is instead lulling the masses to sleep with diversion and deception.

I'm fed up up with it all. I hardly read news anymore. I scan through most of the headlines, shake my head move on. What isn't being reported is just as big an issue as the misinformation that is reported.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:59 am

She is a low-IQ criminal cunt that should be deported back to Somalia ASAP.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:26 am
It only makes them look bad to the few who are actually aware of her background and behavior. Same goes for AOC. Recently a top staff/aide/whatever stepped down during an investigation into some type of campaign fraud I think. These stories are covered so little the masses don't even know they exist.

Our system is broken. The government is a wasteland of corruption and the media, who are supposed to the watchdogs, are instead lap dogs. In an age where the internet should be working to make everyone fully informed, it is instead lulling the masses to sleep with diversion and deception.

I'm fed up up with it all. I hardly read news anymore. I scan through most of the headlines, shake my head move on. What isn't being reported is just as big an issue as the misinformation that is reported.
Most Americans know who AOC and Ilhan Omar are. AOC has like 73% name recognition, and Omar has like 58% name recognition, and their approval ratings are terrible, even among Democrats. It's not just a few Americans who know of their existence, and the more people who learn of their existence, the worse their numbers get too.

AOC has like a 22% approval rating with swing voters in key swing states, and Ilhan Omar has a 9% approval rating, not a typo, with swing voters in key swing states. They aren't even terribly popular in their own districts which are as hardcore blue as it gets.

No one makes the Democrats look worse than The Squad, Republican moles in the Democrat Party couldn't do a better job discrediting the Democrats, The Squad are next level counter-productive for the cause they claim to champion, they are the face of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
*yip*

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 am

StCapps wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

Most Americans know who AOC and Ilhan Omar are.
I didn't say they didn't know who they were, I said they aren't aware of their backgrounds and behavior. The media has shielded them from most of what would be poor press for them. If the media covered AOC and Omar like they cover McConnell, their numbers would be even worse.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:10 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 am
StCapps wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

Most Americans know who AOC and Ilhan Omar are.
I didn't say they didn't know who they were, I said they aren't aware of their backgrounds and behavior. The media has shielded them from most of what would be poor press for them. If the media covered AOC and Omar like they cover McConnell, their numbers would be even worse.
Not good enough apparently, people are aware they are nutjobs and associate them with the larger Democrat brand, in a way that is terrible for Democrats. The media propping them up a little is a good thing, otherwise the Dems would disavow them instead of defending them, but because the media shines their shit or ignores it, the Dems don't realize The Squad is an anchor around their necks as much as they should. The more people learn about them, the less popular they get.

They get more media spotlight than the vast majority of Democrats, which has made them the face of the party, and that is awful for Democrats chances in 2020. With enemies like The Squad, Republicans don't need friends, lesser of evils ftw.
*yip*

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 am

I hope that's how it turns out. I just want the 2020 election be here already.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 am

yeah i agree with this thread. isnt she a refugee or something? i know she was born in somalia, and she somehow made her way to elected office in america, so i gotta give her props for that maneuver. also yes she has balls. also yes i'd bang her