Fyre Festival and Green New Deal

clubgop

Fyre Festival and Green New Deal

Post by clubgop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Been mulling over this idea for a while. With the documentaries coming out and the Green new deal being presented are big luxiourious fantasies just going to be the Achilles heel of the millennial generation over and over again?

doc_loliday

Re: Fyre Festival and Green New Deal

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Copying republican tactics, the democrats, since Clinton, have sought to align themselves with big business. This trend may be changing; we already see evidence of this, eg, democrats snubbing Amazon for not coming to NY. Will they be able to capitalize on this? Women like AOC can bank on this for sure. Can other democrats do the same?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm
Copying republican tactics, the democrats, since Clinton, have sought to align themselves with big business. This trend may be changing; we already see evidence of this, eg, democrats snubbing Amazon for not coming to NY. Will they be able to capitalize on this? Women like AOC can bank on this for sure. Can other democrats do the same?
ok, not really what I was talking about.

I am talking about this big grand visions of government undertakings where they see the finished product but not one of them have a damn idea on how to get there and they'll be lead all the way down till bam they are on an island they cant escape with little food or water, cold, wet, and cant escape.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 am

clubgop wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 am
doc_loliday wrote:

I am talking about this big grand visions of government undertakings where they see the finished product but not one of them have a damn idea on how to get there and they'll be lead all the way down till bam they are on an island they cant escape with little food or water, cold, wet, and cant escape.
GND is nothing but California high speed rail pipe dreams.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with public works, but electing folks that run on undoing oppression ensures that they will never be realized. How can you build a train when there are marginalized people being systemically held down? 10+ years ago California was far less polarized and those promises can't be kept. That doesn't mean they won't tout grand fantastical promises though.

If democrats continue to bank on racial, sexual, gender, and whatever other unforeseen tribal issues they need to divide the populace, we can be sure that any large scale undertakings will be nothing but giant flops.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:34 am

Anyway, to answer your question... Will Green Leap Forward be the democrats undoing? I don't think so, not in the short term. It's too easy to blame other people for why it didn't work. The CA high speed rail failure is already Trump's fault for not granting federal funding. Maybe in a couple generations, but it's hard to say.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:35 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 am
clubgop wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 am
doc_loliday wrote:

GND is nothing but California high speed rail pipe dreams.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with public works, but electing folks that run on undoing oppression ensures that they will never be realized. How can you build a train when there are marginalized people being systemically held down? 10+ years ago California was far less polarized and those promises can't be kept. That doesn't mean they won't tout grand fantastical promises though.

If democrats continue to bank on racial, sexual, gender, and whatever other unforeseen tribal issues they need to divide the populace, we can be sure that any large scale undertakings will be nothing but giant flops.
No, no, no, identify politics suck but those arent hindrances to big projects. They compare it to the moon landing or wwIi, but no took 5 years on an environmental impact study for either those. No one was worried about OSHA regulations.

These ideas cant be done because of reality be it divided populace or a kumbaya hand across America one.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:34 am
Anyway, to answer your question... Will Green Leap Forward be the democrats undoing? I don't think so, not in the short term. It's too easy to blame other people for why it didn't work. The CA high speed rail failure is already Trump's fault for not granting federal funding. Maybe in a couple generations, but it's hard to say.
I dont think that was my question. Replace Democrats with millennials and then maybe we get somewhere closer.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:44 am

Will policy or culture be our undoing? It's usually your values that lead to your rise or fall. Since culture and values are linked then that's what going to undermine everything else.

And to make it a bit more complicated you can also think about the question of what America actually is at this point, I mean really. Is subversion a treasonous thing if that which your subverting is corrupt and horrific ? The tecnocracys control is total. Through career , job, market, policy , regulation, communication , and media there no escaping what we've become . The quest is searching for meaning and value in a technocratic world . You can do that and at least strive to but don't be surprised if you wind up dead or locked up for your beliefs whether it's a year from now or ten.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 am

:clap:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:22 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:44 am
Will policy or culture be our undoing? It's usually your values that lead to your rise or fall. Since culture and values are linked then that's what going to undermine everything else.

And to make it a bit more complicated you can also think about the question of what America actually is at this point, I mean really. Is subversion a treasonous thing if that which your subverting is corrupt and horrific ? The tecnocracys control is total. Through career , job, market, policy , regulation, communication , and media there no escaping what we've become . The quest is searching for meaning and value in a technocratic world . You can do that and at least strive to but don't be surprised if you wind up dead or locked up for your beliefs whether it's a year from now or ten.
There the rub about technocrats you hold on long enough, avoid saurons gaze, and throw up enough road blocks you can stop just about anything. A road, a wall, a conveinance store, pipeline. NIMBY is the most powerful tool in the box.