new bill for border "wall" is out lol

Speaker to Animals

Re: new bill for border "wall" is out lol

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:23 am

Universal health care could arguably be legitimate. But if you recognize that as an emergency, then you cannot argue the mass invasion of our nation is NOT an emergency, since just as many if not more Americans are needlessly dying.

Climate change is no more real than the Russia conspiracy. You'd actually need to see Long Island going underwater and, as Flipowitz often said, everything still seems dry even though he was supposed to be living in Waterworld five years ago.

Gun control is not legitimate since we have human rights to defend ourselves and self-government requires an armed people. Attempting to seize guns like that would instantly trigger a revolution according to the founding principles of this nation. Not going to happen.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 am

Doesn't matter whether something is genuinely a national emergency or not, if a POTUS gets to use the army for his own vanity projects.

I look forward to seeing AOC sending in troops to shut down coal mining in the future.

I mean, if asylum seekers are a threat to national security then environmental refugees in their hundreds of millions must be stopped at all costs.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:34 am

Anyone got a redpill for the DREAMERS? How'd Obama do that shit? With phone and a pen??
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 am
Doesn't matter whether something is genuinely a national emergency or not, if a POTUS gets to use the army for his own vanity projects.

I look forward to seeing AOC sending in troops to shut down coal mining in the future.

I mean, if asylum seekers are a threat to national security then environmental refugees in their hundreds of millions must be stopped at all costs.
I have argued repeatedly that he doesn't even need to declare a national emergency. He has the Constitutional authority -- indeed the responsibility -- to secure the border. Congress does not possess a legitimate power to order the President and control how he accomplishes this. They only allocate funds for the budget. Itemizing the budget with explicit instructions about how the President is to operate is no more legitimate than giving the President war powers. Actually less so, since Congress willingly gave up their war powers to the Executive, but the Executive never willingly surrendered it's constitutional authority to govern as the President sees fit.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 am
''govern as the President sees fit''.
That's going to come back and bite you in the arse next time the Dems get power.
I thought I was supposed to be the massive statist around here.
Even the UK has Parliamentary supremacy, as demonstrated by their insistence on a Commons vote on May's private Brexit deal with the EU bureaucrats.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:14 am

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 am

That is not going to happen when you abort her congressional seat. Besides cant do that unless you have previous legislative authority. The wall was passed in 2006. he had the authority from Congress to build it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:51 am
That's going to come back and bite you in the arse next time the Dems get power.
Even the UK has Parliamentary supremacy, as demonstrated by their insistence on a Commons vote on May's private Brexit deal with the EU bureaucrats.
They did and they do. 2006. Chuck and Nancy voted Aye. Thanks.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:01 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:51 am
The president is elected to carry out his constitutional powers as he sees fit. We elected him on that basis. It is not Congress's job to instruct the President how to do his job.

The "vote" for the wall was in 2016. We voted for a wall. Congress does not have the authority order the President to refrain from securing our border from an invasion from Central America.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04 am

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:23 am
Universal health care could arguably be legitimate. But if you recognize that as an emergency, then you cannot argue the mass invasion of our nation is NOT an emergency, since just as many if not more Americans are needlessly dying.

Climate change is no more real than the Russia conspiracy. You'd actually need to see Long Island going underwater and, as Flipowitz often said, everything still seems dry even though he was supposed to be living in Waterworld five years ago.

Gun control is not legitimate since we have human rights to defend ourselves and self-government requires an armed people. Attempting to seize guns like that would instantly trigger a revolution according to the founding principles of this nation. Not going to happen.
I believe in healthcare and border security. Holy shit.
The good, the true, & the beautiful