Regression to the Mean

kybkh

Regression to the Mean

Post by kybkh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 pm

On the timeline of human existence, we are the most extreme outlier from the millenniums long trend line.

Do we regress to the mean? Or defy the odds and become a data point in a 10,000 year Reich?

*to provide a data point, I'd just say that my understand of the normal human condition is Prison Rules are the rules.

You either rape or you get raped, at different degrees.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Fife

Re: Regression to the Mean

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

The cream shall rise to the top, KY.

Incompetence is not sustainable; hang in there.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Learn to embrace clown world and maybe go to confession

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:30 pm

End of history
The abolition of man

Most people will cease to be.

There might be some state of nature people left.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 pm

kybkh wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:20 pm
On the timeline of human existence, we are the most extreme outlier from the millenniums long trend line.

Do we regress to the mean? Or defy the odds and become a data point in a 10,000 year Reich?

*to provide a data point, I'd just say that my understand of the normal human condition is Prison Rules are the rules.

You either rape or you get raped, at different degrees.
I'm not sure we are. The USSR and a host of other totalitarian and African govts rewarded mediocracy at gunpoint. That's just shit we have printed records of. Think about the numerous govts in our distant past that were explicitly based on aristocracy and nepotism. We are going to collapse probably within the next 2 or 3 weeks, but there were some worse than us.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Natural LIving Men, unite!

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:02 pm

The biggest variance I see is the physical requirements to exist. The Roman Farmer versus Current Farmer bit. It's not just physical "work" either. People can exchange radical ideas much easier and blow people up with a push of a button. All that required a considerable amount of physical effort in the past.

IDK, has anyone else notice that youth sporting events are really taking a dive?

My children are starting to get involved there and some of the events I have been to seem so disorganized and poorly run. Referees are 80% neckbeards whose parents make them do something so they can say they have some sort of job.

We are falling apart lads. Club sports are like the private schools system of athletics now. No parent that is invested in their children's success in athletics plays in the optimist leagues anymore. That's not just bad for talent on the field but its bad for the food shack too. Mom's that just take their kids to practice so they can make it to happier hour ain't showing up to prepare for a regional tournament like the moms driving their kids to 5 practices a week at 7PM.

Used to go to some HS events and local PTA would have a booth with chili or some brownies or some shit. Schools would go out of their way to fancy the place up.

Anymore, it looks like the athletic programs that don't have a tradition of success are just out their on their own with little support from the community.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:12 pm

There has never been anything on TV without an agenda.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:11 pm

Human history is not a stock market.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:11 pm
Human history is not a stock market.
Human history is whatever