Democrats in Blackface

pineapplemike

Re: Democrats in Blackface

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:55 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm
truth be told i largely avoid news from europe, i always have, so i guess i can understand me not having a strong opinion on brexit and you not having a strong opinion on the obvious discrepancy and intentionally dishonest news coverage here in the US
I do have an opinion but it's not a very original one.
Your news media relies heavily on ratings for its income so it has crossed over from informing the public to entertainment and keeping its audiences through re-affirming their collective biases. I don't see how a truly neutral news organisation could survive under those conditions.
Whilst the BBC has a clear establishment bias it is not beholden to any corporate sponsors and is not reliant on ratings for its income. The BBC charter states that efforts must be made to ensure balance and this is enforced by an all-party Parliamentary committee which has the power to revoke the charter. It's not perfect but it doesn't have to conform to a left/right bias to survive.
sure yeah i agree with the first half of that comment until you started talking europe stuff, then i zoned out

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm
truth be told i largely avoid news from europe, i always have, so i guess i can understand me not having a strong opinion on brexit and you not having a strong opinion on the obvious discrepancy and intentionally dishonest news coverage here in the US
Your news media relies heavily on ratings for its income so it has crossed over from informing the public to entertainment and keeping its audiences through re-affirming their collective biases. I don't see how a truly neutral news organisation could survive under those conditions.
Whilst the BBC has a clear establishment bias it is not beholden to any corporate sponsors and is not reliant on ratings for its income. The BBC charter states that efforts must be made to ensure balance and this is enforced by an all-party Parliamentary committee which has the power to revoke the charter. It's not perfect but it doesn't have to conform to a left/right bias to survive.
sure yeah i agree with the first half of that comment until you started talking europe stuff, then i zoned out
Don't worry, I'm not going to question you on the Brexit issue, I realise it's far too boring and complicated for anyone not living here to pay more than a shallow interest in or care about all the possible ramifications.
America's best interests are not served by a strong European trading block anyway so I understand why many of you just want to burn it all down.

StA will be along any minute now to shout FAKE NEWS just like his cucked master has taught all his sycophants to say about the BBC anyway...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Why do you think Americans care about you people as a trading bloc?

You realize we are a net importer, right? You export your products to the United States, not the other way around. We couldn't care less if you were one Nazi empire or a bunch of nationalist countries. It wouldn't make any difference. We can negotiate trade deals with all of you individually or collectively. It's still going to come out the same because we are all on relative parity with one another in terms of costs of living, labor laws, etc.

Is this some kind of narrative programmed in your head by the BBC?

Seriously: we don't care in terms of economics. What we do care about is our mother country getting colonized and taken over by continentals. If you were Germany, we'd just be laughing it off. Whatever. But you're England.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:57 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Don't worry, I'm not going to question you on the Brexit issue, I realise it's far too boring and complicated for anyone not living here to pay more than a shallow interest in or care about all the possible ramifications.
America's best interests are not served by a strong European trading block anyway so I understand why many of you just want to burn it all down.

StA will be along any minute now to shout FAKE NEWS just like his cucked master has taught all his sycophants to say about the BBC anyway...
i was listening to john oliver's new piece on brexit today, i was at work so i only got halfway through but at one point he was talking about how on comedy shows in the UK you can't show footage from parliament? something to that effect, they made a joke about it and had a laugh and all and moved on. honestly that's the only thing i remember from the segment, that sounds like a retarded rule

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:37 pm

i was listening to john oliver's new piece on brexit today, i was at work so i only got halfway through but at one point he was talking about how on comedy shows in the UK you can't show footage from parliament? something to that effect, they made a joke about it and had a laugh and all and moved on. honestly that's the only thing i remember from the segment, that sounds like a retarded rule
Yeah, that is an oversensitive rule which was a condition of the TV broadcasting of Parliament when it was first allowed to do it back in 1989. Previous to that only radio coverage was allowed. Law courts still can't be broadcasted in any way.
The original intent was to maintain the dignity and respect for Parliament and not cheapen it with satirical parodies. Trouble is the rule is inconsistent because magazine programs can use clips alongside other light-hearted segments and there are no restrictions on internet sites using clips.
There are calls for the policy to be discontinued and I can't see it lasting for very much longer.
Considering the childish and boisterous behaviour of MPs during sessions in Parliament and the expenses scandal of a few years ago ''dignity and respect'' is rather a moot point anyway.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 pm

+1

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:10 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:08 pm
+1

If this is the same place, well then HBO is clearly in on it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:39 am

Yes, indeed, 'twas quite a mystery. In fack, as Kamala says, "the facks are still cumming out."

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:00 am

Apparently Jussie has a history of lying to the Police.
https://fox8.com/2019/02/20/jussie-smol ... ious-case/
LOS ANGELES, California – A California misdemeanor complaint against Jussie Smollett shows the actor was accused of identifying himself as his younger brother in 2007 when a Los Angeles police officer pulled him over on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The misdemeanor complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court in September 2007 says that Smollett gave the name of his brother, Jake Smollett, when he was asked by an officer. He also signed a false name on the promise to appear in court. Smollett also was later charged with false impersonation, driving under the influence and driving without a valid license.

Court records show Smollett pleaded no contest to the reduced charge of giving false information, in addition to driving under the influence and driving without a valid license counts. The records show he later completed an alcohol education and treatment program and completed the terms of his sentence in May 2008.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:25 pm

Cook County State’s Attorney’s office approved of charges against ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett Wednesday evening after the brothers testified to a grand jury for 2.5 hours.

Jussie Smollett has been charged with felony disorderly conduct and filing a false police report. Bond court hearing is set for Thursday at 1:30 PM.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... -tomorrow/

The noose is tightening.