This is MAGA country!

Fife

Re: This is MAGA country!

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:32 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 am
high profile black actor
Good one
Who is this dude? Am I supposed to know who he is; is there some reason his being assaulted is more newsworthy than the thousands of other assaults that occurred on the same night?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:34 am

Exhibit A

Fess up StA. We know it was you

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:36 am

My doubts are exacerbated by the fact that nobody who is a "MAGA dude" is likely to have ever watched this homosexual television show, or even have known about it until reading this story.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:39 am

Dude’s ass was likely whooped by someone with an extremely personal grudge. Pretty sure random Chicago racists can find blacks somewhere other than Subway at 2AM in deathly cold weather.

If two guys are waiting for you in sub-zero temps at 2 AM, that shit is personal.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am

Because violence is so rampant in the gay community, and because so many of these alleged hate crimes are actually gay-on-gay violence, it might be wise to wait for the police to investigate.

Mathew Shepherd's murder comes to mind. Sold by media as a homophobic hate crime. Was actually a bad drug deal and the murderer was one of his fuck buddies.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:48 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:34 am

Exhibit A

Fess up StA. We know it was you

These MAGA fucks are leaving written threats everywhere now.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:58 am

Don't feed wild animals either

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:28 pm

They were in ski masks but we know they were white.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Reddit is really smart

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:43 pm

BLACK VOICES
‘Empire’ Star Jussie Smollett: Trump Is One Of ‘Worst People To Ever Walk This Planet’
“I think that he is the mogul of hate. That is what I will call him forever.”
Michelangelo Signorile
Columnist
03/15/2016 12:27 PM ET
|
Updated Mar 17, 2016

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56e8 ... mg00000051
“Empire“ star Jussie Smollett has been tweeting up a storm, supporting the protests at Donald Trump’s rallies. And, in an interview with me on SiriusXM Progress, he expounded on his admiration for the protestors, unleashed his anger on the GOP presidential candidate and passionately took on Trump’s supporters.

“I think that they are brave women and men,” Smollett said of those who speak out at Trump rallies, some of whom have faced brutal violence. “I think that they are soldiers against hate. I think that he is the mogul of hate. That is what I will call him forever. What he has done is capitalized on the fear of this nation.”

“I think that [Trump] is truly one the worst people that has ever walked the face of this planet,” Smollett continued. “I can’t talk about him without getting heated and I get so emotional about it. I’m so emotional about it because I feel it so deeply. And I’m also ashamed. I’m embarrassed for our nation, that we allowed someone like this to get so far.”

Smollett portrays hip-hop star Jamal Lyon in “Empire,” the smash Fox hit which is returning on March 30th after a winter hiatus. The show in some ways mirrors his own life, as both Smollett and his character Jamal are openly gay and working in the entertainment world. What’s more, the Black Lives Matter movement, for which Smollett advocates and views as vital right now, is also weaved into the “Empire” plot line.
The roots of Smollett’s fierce advocacy can be traced to growing up in a family whose life-blood is activism, and he credits his mother with instilling him with a powerful sense of social justice.

“She is a fighter, an activist, always has been,” he said. “I’ve never known a time when my mother didn’t speak up for the injustices of the world. One of her first mentors was the late great Julian Bond. She marched with the Black Panthers and Gloria Steinem, and Angela Davis is one of her dear friends.”

And it was that upbringing that also instilled Smollett with a sense of pride in being gay.