I'm digging Governor DeSantis so far

Speaker to Animals

Re: I'm digging Governor DeSantis so far

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:15 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 pm
Have you guys ever heard the pothead line about how they do not need to take dangerous anti-depression meds because of their weed habit? LOL

It does the same thing. It boosts dopamine and suppresses serotonin reuptake.
... yet one grows naturally and abundantly and the other is lab created, sold at massive markup, and is a link in the pharmaceutical-insurance extortion chain that drives our healthcare costs skyward.

Sounds like even if the physical effects are similar, one is clearly more destructive to the finances of Americans than the other.

Fucking with your brain chemistry might not be a wise choice.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Might not be a wise choice.
Might be an excellent choice.
I suppose it depends on the brain and the chemistry.

Eating chocolate fucks with brain chemistry, but that seems a feeble reason for throwing people in jail.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Yeah, suppressing your brain's ability to produce adequate amounts of dopamine sounds like a great plan.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Who died and made you “decider” for everyone else’s brains?

It does sound like a great plan, given the competing plan is felony convictions for mild intoxicants.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Fentanyl is actually a lot safer than most weed depending on whether it is an indica or a sativa (fentanyl is more of a body high while Sativa is a mental high if that makes sense), but DeSantis is getting major kickbacks from Phish and Widespread Panic to push this weed into our state. Weed smoke actually can and does damage lung tissue over time and many weed smokers fail drug tests.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

It does sound like a great plan, given the competing plan is felony convictions for mild intoxicants.
I have not decided anything for your brain. If you want to flirt with the potential psychosis from regular marijuana abuse, then by all means. That doesn't mean I have to shut the fuck about what a poor decision that was.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

I have not decided anything for your brain. If you want to flirt with the potential psychosis from regular marijuana abuse, then by all means. That doesn't mean I have to shut the fuck about what a poor decision that was.
Shut the fuck up, no one cares about your opinion on subject 10,543 that you know absolutely nothing about.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:13 pm

I do not know that marijuana can cause psychosis? LOL

Hint: it does.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:13 pm
I do not know that marijuana can cause psychosis? LOL

Hint: it does.
You don’t know shit because you have no grasp of context or scale. If I ask you “out of known causes of psychosis where does cannabis rank”, your dumb ass will be speed-shifting goal posts like a motherfucker. You adopted the mantra of the anti-marijuana lobby, congrats. You’re a fine little NPC for repeating contextless factoids handed to you by your masters. But no, you have no fucking clue what you’re actually talking about, so ...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:35 pm

As of 2017 there is clear evidence that long term use of cannabis increases the risk of psychosis, regardless of confounding factors, and particularly for people who have genetic risk factors.[18]
Cannabis use may precipitate new-onset panic attacks and depersonalization/derealization symptoms simultaneously.[20]
Chronic psychosis

According to one 2013 review, long term cannabis use "increases the risk of psychosis in people with certain genetic or environmental vulnerabilities", but does not cause psychosis. Important predisposing factors include genetic liability, childhood trauma and urban upbringing.[13] Another 2013 review concluded that cannabis use may cause permanent psychological disorders in some users such as cognitive impairment, anxiety, paranoia, and increased risks of psychosis. Key predisposing variables include age of first exposure, frequency of use, the potency of the cannabis used, and individual susceptibility.[21] A 2013 review stated that there exists "a strong association between schizophrenia and cannabis use...". The authors found that cannabis use alone does not predict the transition to subsequent psychiatric illness. Many factors are involved, including genetics, environment, time period of initiation and duration of cannabis use, underlying psychiatric pathology that preceded drug use, and combined use of other psychoactive drugs.[22]
A 2016 meta-analysis found that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis, and that a dose-response relationship exists between the level of cannabis use and risk of psychosis. The analysis was not able to establish a causal link.[25] Another 2016 meta-analysis found that cannabis use only predicted transition to psychosis among those who met the criteria for abuse of or dependence on the drug.[26]

A 2016 review found that the epidemiologic evidence regarding cannabis use and psychosis was strong enough "to warrant a public health message that cannabis use can increase the risk of psychotic disorders," but also cautioned that additional studies are needed to determine the size of the effect.[27] A 2016 review said that the existing evidence did not show that cannabis caused psychosis, but rather that early or heavy cannabis use were among many factors more likely to be found in those at risk of developing psychosis.[28]

Ouch. Here is a gem:
Mania symptoms

Among those who have been previously diagnosed with bipolar disorder, cannabis may worsen the occurrence of manic symptoms.[35]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term ... tal_health

"Don't eat bread because it might make me fat, but toke the fuck up and don't worry about the research that indicates this is not the best plan.."