I'm digging Governor DeSantis so far

doc_loliday

Re: I'm digging Governor DeSantis so far

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:56 am
This thread is harshing my high. And I haven't smoked any weed since 1992.

:beardymcredeyes:

Somebody get this man the chronic.

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:35 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:51 pm

No, it's about Kath's feelz.
Not really. I'm pretty interested in the logic.

Marijuana, mostly harmless, can't OD, no demonstrable proof it is a leading cause of any disease, no physically additive properties, has medicinal benefits. Schedule I

Tobacco, demonstrably harmful, leading cause of disease, seriously addictive, no medical benefits. Sold on open market.

Alcohol, demonstrably harmful, people OD, leading cause of disease, seriously addictive, no medical benefit, number one cause of traffic deaths. Sold on open market.

Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm

doc_loliday wrote:

I'm not sure if you're talking about me, but the last thing I want is to control your life. I don't care what you ingest.
Apologies - I misread your post. You aren't wrong, but it may have been the only way. People who used to be adamantly against it are now strong supporters, because they got to see first hand the relief it gave to their loved ones.

We recently had a friend die of stage 4 ovarian cancer. She was diagnosed before the Florida legislature relaxed the medical laws, so she still didn't qualify for a card. (There were very few conditions on the list, at first.)

Our community went all black market for her, to get her edibles and vapables, etc. I am not sure she would have lasted until October '18 if she hadn't gotten the relief. She wasn't eating, at all, until we hooked her up with goodies.

I've read all the accounts of these stories, and I know first hand that it helps out in certain situations, so I wasn't exactly surprised, but, it was a moving experience to see it work on a suffering chemo patient, first hand. I imagine it is even more powerful if you go into that experience believing pot is the danger REEFER MADNESS told them it was.

It was only after people started seeing it not cause people to jump from windows (exaggeration intentional,) that it started gaining popular support.

Yeah, Daddy G will control the bleep out of it one day in the not-too-distant future. Sigh. Better to be classed with alcohol and cigarettes than schedule I.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm
doc_loliday wrote:

I'm not sure if you're talking about me, but the last thing I want is to control your life. I don't care what you ingest.
Apologies - I misread your post. You aren't wrong, but it may have been the only way. People who used to be adamantly against it are now strong supporters, because they got to see first hand the relief it gave to their loved ones.

We recently had a friend die of stage 4 ovarian cancer. She was diagnosed before the Florida legislature relaxed the medical laws, so she still didn't qualify for a card. (There were very few conditions on the list, at first.)

Our community went all black market for her, to get her edibles and vapables, etc. I am not sure she would have lasted until October '18 if she hadn't gotten the relief. She wasn't eating, at all, until we hooked her up with goodies.

I've read all the accounts of these stories, and I know first hand that it helps out in certain situations, so I wasn't exactly surprised, but, it was a moving experience to see it work on a suffering chemo patient, first hand. I imagine it is even more powerful if you go into that experience believing pot is the danger REEFER MADNESS told them it was.

It was only after people started seeing it not cause people to jump from windows (exaggeration intentional,) that it started gaining popular support.

Yeah, Daddy G will control the bleep out of it one day in the not-too-distant future. Sigh. Better to be classed with alcohol and cigarettes than schedule I.
It wont be classed with Alcohol or tobacco, more like guns or CIIs

Kath

Post by Kath » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:41 am

clubgop wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 pm

It wont be classed with Alcohol or tobacco, more like guns or CIIs
I don't know what a CII is, but, it is less dangerous than Alcohol & tobacco. What would the logic be, there?

Fuck the government and their freedom hating ways.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:02 am

Kath wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:41 am

Fuck the government and their freedom hating ways.
Then why are you cheering the creation of a narco state? You were better off when everything was illegal.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:46 am

Kath wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:35 pm
Not really. I'm pretty interested in the logic.

Marijuana, mostly harmless, can't OD, no demonstrable proof it is a leading cause of any disease, no physically additive properties, has medicinal benefits. Schedule I
Logic like this?

https://www.healthline.com/health/is-we ... #addiction
According to NIDA, approximately 30 percent of marijuana users may have some sort of marijuana use disorder. It’s estimated that between 10 and 30 percent of individuals who smoke weed will develop dependency, with only 9 percent actually developing addiction. However, exact statistics are unknown.
No addictive properties according to Kath, yet the experts say at least 9% become addicted, another 20% develop a use disorder. There's your logic.

Again, I don't care if you want to use it, and if it helps you more than hurts, then good for you. Just stop misleading about the facts.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Also there exists psychosis caused by this drug.

Probably fucks up your brain chemistry with respect to dopamine as well.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Have you guys ever heard the pothead line about how they do not need to take dangerous anti-depression meds because of their weed habit? LOL

It does the same thing. It boosts dopamine and suppresses serotonin reuptake.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 pm
Have you guys ever heard the pothead line about how they do not need to take dangerous anti-depression meds because of their weed habit? LOL

It does the same thing. It boosts dopamine and suppresses serotonin reuptake.
... yet one grows naturally and abundantly and the other is lab created, sold at massive markup, and is a link in the pharmaceutical-insurance extortion chain that drives our healthcare costs skyward.

Sounds like even if the physical effects are similar, one is clearly more destructive to the finances of Americans than the other.

“Hey, dandelions do the same thing as aspirin”

“So why are we paying for aspirin?”
Last edited by DBTrek on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"