Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

Zlaxer

Re: Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:25 am
[Y]ou have to be realistic about the fact that human diversity is a real thing.
I do - I agree that certain races (and the term is used loosely) may be less intelligent (on average) due to genes. I just think it's very unlikely that genes solely determine your exact IQ.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am

Apply that nonsense logic to anything else..Like hair color or your potential athleticism.

You can only develop what potential nature gave to you. You cannot magically become an Olympic gold medal gymnast unless you already possessed the genetic potential.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am
You cannot magically become an Olympic gold medal gymnast unless you already possessed the genetic potential.
You don't say?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:24 am
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 am
You cannot magically become an Olympic gold medal gymnast unless you already possessed the genetic potential.
You don't say?

Now consider that average IQ measures a statistically significant sample of a race or nation, and no amount of education is going to alter the outcome of the test. If you test villagers in the Congo jungles, it will be about the same if you test them years later after sending them to school.

Page after page after page you refuse to accept that this test does not measure educational achievement.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 am
Now consider that average IQ measures a statistically significant sample of a race or nation, and no amount of education is going to alter the outcome of the test.
[/quote]

How can you assume this?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am
Now consider that average IQ measures a statistically significant sample of a race or nation, and no amount of education is going to alter the outcome of the test.
How can you assume this?
[/quote]

I do not assume it. Intelligence is an inherited trait.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am

Genetic Determinism pretty much jumped the shark when the gene count came in on the human genome project.
21000 genes of which we differ from chimps by only 1.2% - that's 250 genes to explain all of human differences from chimps...
and from each other on average by .1% so 21 genes on average for human differences....

Then came epigenetics and environment gene interactions.... this is where the money is.
Epigenetics is how the human environment turns genes off and on... this is culture, and the physical and emotional environment in all of its variability...
While the genetic difference between individual humans today is minuscule – about 0.1%, on average – study of the same aspects of the chimpanzee genome indicates a difference of about 1.2%. The bonobo (Pan paniscus), which is the close cousin of chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes), differs from humans to the same degree. The DNA difference with gorillas, another of the African apes, is about 1.6%. Most importantly, chimpanzees, bonobos, and humans all show this same amount of difference from gorillas. A difference of 3.1% distinguishes us and the African apes from the Asian great ape, the orangutan. How do the monkeys stack up? All of the great apes and humans differ from rhesus monkeys, for example, by about 7% in their DNA.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:51 am

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:46 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am

How can you assume this?
I do not assume it. Intelligence is an inherited trait.

No. Not letting you play that game. My position is that genes set the bounds of ones potential IQ, not exact IQ. You then come back and ask me to assume that no level of education can change IQ...and I ask how do you assume that...and you come back and say because...

How do you know IQ is set exactly by Genes and cannot be adjusted via education (or any mental exercise)?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:04 am

The other factors, like malnutrition, are lost in the averages.

You cannot go to school to increase your IQ, dude.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:07 am

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:04 am
The other factors, like malnutrition, are lost in the averages.
Not when the whole population lives in dung pile houses....