Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

C-Mag

Re: Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 pm

The science is settled, white men are bad.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 pm

This is the mother of all sacred bulls, one that contradicts our founding documents and even our religious ones, depending on how you read them of course, but I would address the issue without flippancy if your aim is to persuade.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am

It is a debate I would also like to see argued on its merits.

... but the current scientific culture has made it clear that there will be no debate. If truth might contradict SJW dogma, then scientists shall be shamed into silence.

The guy might very well be wrong. If he is, the best way to settle it is to hash the evidence out fact for fact. But without a fair hearing the suspicion will naturally fall on the side of him being right, and the scientific community sacrificing their integrity in favor of their socio-political views.

It’s a lose-lose, punishing unpopular opinions or ideas into silence. We used to know this and pride ourselves on tolerating speech in all forms.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:53 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:44 pm

This is the mother of all sacred bulls, one that contradicts our founding documents and even our religious ones, depending on how you read them of course, but I would address the issue without flippancy if your aim is to persuade.
I hear you.
The science community called me a heretic for upholding the scientific principle of skepticism, so I have a hard ti.e taking them serious.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:55 am

Whether this right or wrong depends to me on whether he is using his position to argue for unscientific positions or not. Which depend on the degree to which intelligence is inheritable, whether IQ is the best means to measure intelligence, whether studies show that the "intelligence gene" is biologically weaker among blacks, whether people of different racial backgrounds but same social and economic background and same degree of schooling consistantly show a difference in various measurements of intelligence.

Taking away his honory titles simply for being "offensive" would be wrong. But if the reason goes beyond just hurt feelings, it's not so controversial.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 am

I think we know good and godamn well what makes for robust, functioning nation states. It has a lot less to do with the average IQ of the citizenry than our vanity might have us believe.

HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:32 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:55 am
Taking away his honory titles simply for being "offensive" would be wrong. But if the reason goes beyond just hurt feelings, it's not so controversial.
Bobby Fischer said mean things about Jews . . . he was still a Grand Master Chess Champion. If Michael Phelps dons blackface and does a minstrel show, he still won 23 gold medals. I don't get this whle retroactive "You said offensive shit, therefore all the awards for your achievements in life are revoked" mentality.

But particularly with this scientist, I'd like to hear his case. He obviously feels that the data supports his views. He's expressed that he wishes the data did not support his views and that other explanations were viable. He already took heat for this very topic years ago, and is only now being punished for honestly saying his view on the subject has not changed. Why would he take such a public beating over a span of years if he didn't really believe the data supports his position?

And if the data doesn't support his position, how hard is it for an entire academy of outraged SJW scientists to simply present the data and say "Nope, you're wrong, here's what the data says"?

Instead we get the academic community acting like a bunch of petulant middle-schoolers. They're making it clear that any member expressing what they feel are "condemnable" scientific views is fodder for public humiliation and revocation of any awards.

"Science" should be better than this.
:|

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:58 am

As I told you guys before.. Welcome to the dark age.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 am

Golly, I guess that what makes a title 'honorary.' Sort of exists at the whim of the giver, unlike an Olympic medal.

When they take something back he earned instead of something that was gifted, I'll get my panties all twisted up over how SJWs ruined science.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 am
Golly, I guess that what makes a title 'honorary.' Sort of exists at the whim of the giver, unlike an Olympic medal.

When they take something back he earned instead of something that was gifted, I'll get my panties all twisted up over how SJWs ruined science.
Visas, non-birthright citizenship, and asylum are gifted.
:think:

I sense a gaping hole in your so-called moral standards.