Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

DBTrek

Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Surpised I haven't seen this story surface here, but I figure it deserves its own thread.

Sure, we have generic SJW threads, but this one is about a Nobel Peace Prize winner being pressured Galileo-style to recant his views. Just as back then, saying "nope" can lead to serious repercussions.
Nobel Prize-Winning DNA Pioneer Stripped Of Titles For Insisting IQ Depends On Race And Genes

Ninety-year-old Nobel Prize-winning scientist James Watson has been stripped of his honorary titles by a leading American research institution, after doubling down on his controversial conclusions linking race and intelligence.

Despite nearly half a century service to the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL), Watson, a world-renowned geneticist, lost all of his honorary titles of Chancellor Emeritus, Oliver R. Grace Professor Emeritus and Honorary Trustee, for refusing to retract his own scientific conclusions.

In 2007, Watson was suspended from all of his positions held at the New York lab following a scandal centering around his claim about the “inherently gloomy” future of the African continent. “All our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really,” he told the Times newspaper at the time.

While having initially issued an apology for his comments, allowing him to maintain his honorary titles at the CSHL, when asked more than a decade later whether his views about race and intelligence have changed, he told the PBS documentary they haven’t.

“Not at all. I would like for them to have changed, that there be new knowledge that says that your nurture is much more important than nature,” the scientist was quoted as saying in a recently previewed PBS documentary, titled American Masters: Decoding Watson. “There’s a difference on the average between blacks and whites on IQ tests. I would say the difference is, it’s genetic.”

CSHL found Watson’s newly voiced comments “reprehensible” and completely unsupported by science. After “unequivocally” rejecting Watson’s “unsubstantiated and reckless” opinions, the Laboratory stripped the 90-year-old scientist of all of his titles, noting that the institution “condemns the misuse of science to justify prejudice.”

.... https://www.eurasiareview.com/14012019- ... and-genes/
Think about that.
CSHL stripped this nobel-prize researcher of all titles *not* because he lied, *not* because he harmed anyone, *not* because his methodologies are reckless . . . but because they feel that "science" used to justify "prejudice" is condemnable. Who defines science and prejudice? They do, apparently.

Notice all the "science" regularly bantered about to prejudice people against "God botherers" and "Idiots who believe in the supernatural" is fine. That kind of bigotry represents a completely legitimate use of science. Genetics and their correlation to IQ - that's condemnable science. Verboten.

Absurd.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Re: Nobel Prize Not SJW-Proof, As Scientist Discovers

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 pm

I posted about it today. I copied the Daily Stormer article.

I don't really know what to say that Anglin didn't already say better. It is a new low. A real dark age.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Also the term "prejudice" implies a presupposed idea. We don't really know for sure what kind of prejudices he had. He only ever spoke upon scientific facts.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm

Must have a cryptic title, I didn't see it.
And of course, I've no respect for the Daily Stormer because they're the type of folks that allow SJWs to operate so effectively.
The number of actual nazis, neo-nazis, and white supremacists in America number in what, thousands? Low tens of thousands maybe?
And yet their presence allows SJWs to mobilize tens of millions of people with the specter of "white supremacist" America turning into Nazi Germany 2.0
Great.

:doh:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Yeah and? I'm not asking you to defer to my thread it is there for whoever wants to read it. We can talk about racial science itt if you like.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:36 pm

*whom'stever

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 pm

I've done a little looking into IQ and race. It's not a pretty picture.

It helps to understand the shit show that is Africa. Perhaps we should change our expectations of Africa.

South Africa is going to be an interesting real world experiment.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:51 pm

It doesn't end there though. It has become somewhat of a colloquialism that human biology only applies from the neck down. There are doctors that apply racial medicine all the time. The big no no is implying there is any difference in the head. I have been banned from other forums for even insinuating that some ethnicities have heritable genetic defects. It is as this brave old man said, just work with them and come away with the impression that they are the same. Hell, they smell different.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Are they defects though ?

Reggie Whites Wisconsin House speech has been scrubbed from the internet for stating that certain races accel are certain things.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:08 pm

I am not at liberty to call anyone a defect let alone a race of people. What I do know is that there are inheritable diseases that are race specific which means that yes, race matters in medical science. Race is real, the bell curve has not been refuted and the entire concept of "all races are the same" is a kumbayah shit party started by you know who.

I don't really care so much about race realism personally in day to day work world. It comes down to other factors what that determines your success in life. What pisses me off is being blamed for all their short comings. Which doesn't happen in real life. Apparently that only happens in universities. That's all well and good but Zimbabwe was way better off as Rhodesia and if you tell me other wise you are a lying cunt.