FUCK THE PRC

Zlaxer

Re: FUCK THE PRC

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:55 am

Emperor Xi claims he wants wealth redistribution in the name of upholding communism - my bet is he is moving to weaken the upper class i order to thwart the term limits.... No rich, no opposition. He wants to be a God Emperor.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:34 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:55 am
Emperor Xi claims he wants wealth redistribution in the name of upholding communism - my bet is he is moving to weaken the upper class i order to thwart the term limits.... No rich, no opposition. He wants to be a God Emperor.
BUT.... he'll just be another dead human soon enough.
All he can do is make it harder to get rid of lone assholes in the future.

Something tyrants never seem to figure out.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 am

https://academic.oup.com/ia/article-abs ... m=fulltext

Provides a pretty convincing argument why China isn't going to be able to out-compete America and become the premier superpower, and this was in 2018, before COVID which, despite what we think about it, has not gained China more goodwill with trading partners and potential allies.

Not to ruffle too many feathers, but I expect it will take something like a new TPP (but with a more transparent development process) to force China to trade on our terms or isolate them from regional partners. They can keep building ghost cities for a while to prop up their economy, but not forever.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:47 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 am

Provides a pretty convincing argument why China isn't going to be able to out-compete America and become the premier superpower, and this was in 2018, before COVID which, despite what we think about it, has not gained China more goodwill with trading partners and potential allies.

Not to ruffle too many feathers, but I expect it will take something like a new TPP (but with a more transparent development process) to force China to trade on our terms or isolate them from regional partners. They can keep building ghost cities for a while to prop up their economy, but not forever.
Agreed to a point. The problem with the TTP is that it will worsen the wealth gap. It allows corporations in developed nations with lots of regs to outsource to countries that do not.

Greed is America's vice - Arrogance is the CCP's. Exploit that to bring them down.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:58 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:47 am

Agreed to a point. The problem with the TTP is that it will worsen the wealth gap. It allows corporations in developed nations with lots of regs to outsource to countries that do not.

Greed is America's vice - Arrogance is the CCP's. Exploit that to bring them down.
I don't have a good idea how to exploit China's arrogance, and I'm not even sure arrogance is what drives them. I would say it is more resentment form the '100 years of disgrace,' or whatever they call it. It is resentment that drives China, like it drives all progressives and Communists.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:28 am

Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:58 am
It is resentment that drives China, like it drives all progressives and Communists.
Word.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:35 am

Zlaxer wrote:

I don't have a good idea how to exploit China's arrogance, and I'm not even sure arrogance is what drives them. I would say it is more resentment form the '100 years of disgrace,' or whatever they call it. It is resentment that drives China, like it drives all progressives and Communists.

Resentment based on arrogance - they believe their culture/race is superior to all and that they should rule all. Arrogance is the root of Chinese aggression.

If you think modern day "white" America is racist, you're going to "Reeeh" when you see how the CCP treats "lower races".

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:36 am

If China is so superior how come they've had a civilization since the dawn of time - and are just now crawling out of their rice fields?
:think:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:38 am

At least 18th century Europeans said Africa for the Africans....

CCP says Africans are a pest that has to be removed so they can take contentment for the more deserving - seriously, they are exterminating blacks in a manner that would make Hitler proud.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:45 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:35 am
Zlaxer wrote:

Resentment based on arrogance - they believe their culture/race is superior to all and that they should rule all. Arrogance is the root of Chinese aggression.

If you think modern day "white" America is racist, you're going to "Reeeh" when you see how the CCP treats "lower races".
All true enough, but I still don't know how to exploit either their arrogance or their resentment other than by peeling off their regional trading partners with better alternatives - alternatives that will also benefit Western corporations (a positive or a negative result, depending on where you stand).
HAIL!

-Hwen