Women make less because men work longer hours, duhhh...

DBTrek

Re: Women make less because men work longer hours, duhhh...

Post by DBTrek » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 am

Y’all are trying to convince an outlier who apparently suffered a massive trauma with logic. That’s not going to work. Only therapy can turn StA from his chosen path at this point. The outlier will never believe they’re an outlier, even when everyone they interact with tells them “no, relationships generally aren’t like that at all”.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:51 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:28 am

But what if the wage gap is not a fake issue (it isn't) wouldn't that mean that women marrying men who earn more than them is a statistical certainty?
You’re thinking rationally, Monte, and that’s not OK.
But he’s not that good at statistics.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 am
Somebody had to give up their career path for the kids, unless you’re wealthy enough to hire someone to run your life for you. This is reality, whether or not you or anyone else likes it. Things seem to be slowly changing.
That is not always the case. In fact that is not the norm. You don't have to be rich in order for both parents to have careers. My wife and I raised 2 kids while we both had jobs. Neither one of us makes a fortune, so combined we sure don't. I worked my 40+ hours, picked up kids from day care or grandparents, and still found time to keep up with things like laundry, groceries, cooking, etc.. Even back 15 years ago I know a lot of families operating this way. None of them were rich.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:58 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:53 am
Y’all are trying to convince an outlier who apparently suffered a massive trauma with logic. That’s not going to work. Only therapy can turn StA from his chosen path at this point. The outlier will never believe they’re an outlier, even when everyone they interact with tells them “no, relationships generally aren’t like that at all”.
You mean everyone can’t be saved? :o

You’re right of course.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:01 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 am
DrYouth wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:14 am
STA claims women have victimhood issues.... which of course plenty of women do have...

That being said STA clearly has more than his own share of victimhood issues.

So there you have it...

Victimhood is a thing... not dominated entirely by either gender.

:ugeek:

(Expect major STA volcanic eruption.... counting 3,2,1...)
Having your children stolen from you and enslaved is a legitimate victimization.

Women do not deserve default custody and they certainly do not deserve financial rewards for alienating children from fathers.

I think women do have legitimate issues, they simply arenot currently anywhere near as bad as what men face, which is why they do anything and everything to shut down discussion of men's issues and make up their own fake issues like a wage gap and rape culture.

And women who seriously come at me with this nonsense about how they deserve special privileges like alimony certainly do not earn my respect as equals. They obviously are not equals with even a garbage collector, which is yet another area where lack of women representation oddly does not concern them..
But what if the wage gap is not a fake issue (it isn't) wouldn't that mean that women marrying men who earn more than them is a statistical certainty?
it is definitely not real, and women's hypergamy cuts across all economic spheres (female doctors do not usually marry restaurant cooks, for example, but male doctors are much more likely to marry female cooks).

Then when they decide to change men, they pretend like the income difference (which was their choice because it benefited them) is their victimhood and they deserve a portion of their ex-husband's income.

It is truly ridiculous that adults are going along with this farce, but the blue pill is strong.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:02 am

nmoore63 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:51 am
Montegriffo wrote:

You’re thinking rationally, Monte, and that’s not OK.
I stand corrected. I should have said statistical near certainty.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:23 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:56 am
Please post some links to these studies. I'm interested in seeing how things like mowing the lawn, maintaining the cars, fixing appliances, etc.. are broken out.
OECD and World Economic Forum are two sources, but the fact that women on average do more family care isn’t in dispute. Most men even acknowledge it. Lawn mowing - really? A couple of hours on a Saturday at most, during the season. Until the kids take over. Oil changes and toaster repairs aren’t taking up much time either. The stuff that takes hours after work and on the weekend used to be done almost exclusively by women, although things are changing now. We’re not dropping into our beds exhausted at midnight anymore, assuming we have a live in partner.
So you don't have a link to back up your claims or to show whether or not it includes the type of everyday tasks I mentiond. Gotcha.

I gave a few examples. I feel sorry for your husband that you obviously do not appreciate the things he may be doing. Maybe he doesn't do any of those things I mentioned, but to marginalize it the way you did shows me how biased and narrow your views are on this topic.

FYI, when the lawn mowing ends, the snow shoveling begins. You probably don't even realize how much other stuff is being done because you're too focused on yourself. Re-roofing a house takes a whole weekend. Finishing a basement takes a good amount of time. It's more than just fixing a toaster.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 am
Somebody had to give up their career path for the kids, unless you’re wealthy enough to hire someone to run your life for you. This is reality, whether or not you or anyone else likes it. Things seem to be slowly changing.
That is not always the case. In fact that is not the norm. You don't have to be rich in order for both parents to have careers. My wife and I raised 2 kids while we both had jobs. Neither one of us makes a fortune, so combined we sure don't. I worked my 40+ hours, picked up kids from day care or grandparents, and still found time to keep up with things like laundry, groceries, cooking, etc.. Even back 15 years ago I know a lot of families operating this way. None of them were rich.
How did you afford daycare for multiple children? And how did you both limit your hours and still move upward?
:royalty-queen:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:02 am
nmoore63 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am
I stand corrected. I should have said statistical near certainty.
You both (Monte and Mil) suck at statistics. Let's say the wage gap exists. That in no way translates to a near certainty that the man makes more than the woman in a relationship.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 am
How did you afford daycare for multiple children?
By giving up a lot of things we used to spend money on before kids that were not essential. Kids came first. Also by doing a lot of home repairs like roofing and finishing a basement on my own (with help from the dads of course).
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 am
And how did you both limit your hours and still move upward?
By being efficient at work. Working more hours than someone else doesn't automatically mean you got more done. Good employers notice what you get done, not how much time your spend at work.