Women make less because men work longer hours, duhhh...

Speaker to Animals

Re: Women make less because men work longer hours, duhhh...

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 pm

This is how feminists always twist any difference to make themselves look like the victims. It doesn't matter if the difference is reversed. They'd still call themselves victims. If it were reversed, they complain that men exploit women and make their wives work long hours so men can spend time at home.

Just owning the consequences of their own decisions seems impossible for them, I suppose.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 pm
This is how feminists always twist any difference to make themselves look like the victims. It doesn't matter if the difference is reversed. They'd still call themselves victims. If it were reversed, they complain that men exploit women and make their wives work long hours so men can spend time at home.

Just owning the consequences of their own decisions seems impossible for them, I suppose.
Ironic to have to tell you this, but alimony started out as a way to compensate women who had been dumped in recognition of the fact that they had given up a means of supporting themselves. It was hardly feminist. Now that women can earn equally given the chance, it stands to reason that men should equally share in caring for children and the home. That still disproportionately falls on women.

Looks like we’re moving towards equality, in any event.
:royalty-queen:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Ironic to have to tell you this, but alimony started out as a way to compensate women who had been dumped in recognition of the fact that they had given up a means of supporting themselves. It was hardly feminist. Now that women can earn equally given the chance, it stands to reason that men should equally share in caring for children and the home. That still disproportionately falls on women.

How do you imagine a 2-income household working, with both spouses “equally” watching the kids? Night shift for all men?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm
MilSpecs wrote:

How do you imagine a 2-income household working, with both spouses “equally” watching the kids? Night shift for all men?
Got a few couples at work with kids, they do exactly this. Sometimes it is the wife, sometimes it's the husband.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

It’s not just watching the kids - that’s relatively easy. It’s all the work of maintaining a family. Cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring, dr’s appointments, etc., etc. It’s the job after the job. IIRC you already do these things, but study after study shows women disproportionately do the work of everyday life in a family.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:56 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 am
It’s not just watching the kids - that’s relatively easy. It’s all the work of maintaining a family. Cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring, dr’s appointments, etc., etc. It’s the job after the job. IIRC you already do these things, but study after study shows women disproportionately do the work of everyday life in a family.
Please post some links to these studies. I'm interested in seeing how things like mowing the lawn, maintaining the cars, fixing appliances, etc.. are broken out.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:12 am

MilSpecs wrote:

LMFAO

Alimony started because our society pretends like women are less than men, not capable of agency and responsibility, and women by and large will do anything to maintain the privileges that gives them, even to the point of maintaining this ridiculous fiction that they are always victims and need special status while simultaneously arguing they are the equals of men in every way.

Men carry this out because (1) most of them are blue-pilled as fucked in America and (2) most of them are emotionally invested in being the saviors of womenkind (white knights).

That is why you have alimony. I just want to treat you all no differently than men until you've had enough of it and we go back to the normal human gender roles.

Gender equality means you will be treated like a man. Think about it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 am

After all, why should a woman get half or more of a man's income if she is a capable adult who is responsible for her own life? She shouldn't. She should get a job. Just because your ex-husband made more than you doesn't mean you are entitled to live a more luxurious lifestyle than you could achieve on your own. LOL

Women wanted no-fault divorces and default child custody. They shouldn't get a dime for any of that. If you want to divorce your husband, then fine, just go fuck right the fuck off, then. He does not owe you a dime.

We need a good twenty years of women being treated like men for a change. Then come back to the table when your attitude improves.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 am

Somebody had to give up their career path for the kids, unless you’re wealthy enough to hire someone to run your life for you. This is reality, whether or not you or anyone else likes it. Things seem to be slowly changing.

You still aren’t remotely rational on this subject. Has it occurred to you that both men and women can abandon their families? Or conversely, that both men and women may want to put their families first? Or that we don’t want to leave our children in poverty after a divorce? Or that a bad marriage isn’t the kids’ fault and their welfare has to come first?

There is no chance - 0 - that my husband would have harmed his children to spite me, or vice versa.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am

I could see alimony making sense were I to get divorced.

I mean, I don’t believe in divorce but if I did I could see it applying in my situation.