"So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction"

jediuser598

Re: "So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction"

Post by jediuser598 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:06 pm
Love, love, love the Holidays.

Got my Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving and spent the whole weekend with the family listening to holiday music and decorating. Man, there was eggnog, gingerbread, cupcakes, hot chocolate, plenty of wine, beer, and buttered rum for the adults. How relaxing. How fun. Just unplugging from all the bullshit and spending time with the people you love. Doing arts and crafts instead of deep analysis on data. Busting out snow globes and nutcrackers and setting them like sentries throughout the house.

Just fun stuff. And not only doing it for a weekend, but carrying it on for a month. Daily advent calendars. Setting up the snow projector and outdoor lights. Taking those extra moments to spread a little Christmas cheer - wear a Santa hat to make the kids laugh, keep it on while jogging through the neighborhood. Every day I wake up and the world is still here, but it's just a tad more cheerful than usual. Lamp posts are wreathed with garlands. The Starbucks litter is more colorful. Cars start sporting reindeer antlers and giant bows.

I love the holidays.

But all that laid back merry making, relaxation, and time with loved ones REALLY pisses off the leftist. Ohhhhhh those motherfuckers HATE the holidays.
... which is pretty much all you need to know about them. You can deduce everything else about those folks from that single fact, and easily hit 98% accuracy.
;)
No.

You do what you want man, just stop trying to erect nativity scenes on public property with my tax money.

Live and let live. Do what you enjoy. If you enjoy Christmas, as it seems you do, I've have no interest or inclination to get in the way of that at all.

This coming from a leftist.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:03 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 pm
DBTrek wrote:

Got my Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving and spent the whole weekend with the family listening to holiday music and decorating. Man, there was eggnog, gingerbread, cupcakes, hot chocolate, plenty of wine, beer, and buttered rum for the adults. How relaxing. How fun. Just unplugging from all the bullshit and spending time with the people you love. Doing arts and crafts instead of deep analysis on data. Busting out snow globes and nutcrackers and setting them like sentries throughout the house.

Just fun stuff. And not only doing it for a weekend, but carrying it on for a month. Daily advent calendars. Setting up the snow projector and outdoor lights. Taking those extra moments to spread a little Christmas cheer - wear a Santa hat to make the kids laugh, keep it on while jogging through the neighborhood. Every day I wake up and the world is still here, but it's just a tad more cheerful than usual. Lamp posts are wreathed with garlands. The Starbucks litter is more colorful. Cars start sporting reindeer antlers and giant bows.

I love the holidays.

But all that laid back merry making, relaxation, and time with loved ones REALLY pisses off the leftist. Ohhhhhh those motherfuckers HATE the holidays.
... which is pretty much all you need to know about them. You can deduce everything else about those folks from that single fact, and easily hit 98% accuracy.
;)
No.

You do what you want man, just stop trying to erect nativity scenes on public property with my tax money.

Live and let live. Do what you enjoy. If you enjoy Christmas, as it seems you do, I've have no interest or inclination to get in the way of that at all.

Hmm, how far do you want to take that? I mean, my town puts lights up on all the trees down Main St (they're not evergreens) and decorates/lights an evergreen in front of the public library (on Main) and city hall (off Main).

I'm agnostic, so obviously my tax dollars shouldn't be wasted on public funds paying for all that lighting/electricity on public property for what is effectively a religious holiday, right? :think:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 am

jediuser598 wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

I love the holidays.

;)
No.

But forcing Christians to pay for your abortions is A-Okay. :hand:

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:10 am

Ph64 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:03 am
jediuser598 wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

I love the holidays.

;)
No.

Hmm, how far do you want to take that? I mean, my town puts lights up on all the trees down Main St (they're not evergreens) and decorates/lights an evergreen in front of the public library (on Main) and city hall (off Main).

I'm agnostic, so obviously my tax dollars shouldn't be wasted on public funds paying for all that lighting/electricity on public property for what is effectively a religious holiday, right? :think:
Do you believe that government should endorse one religion over others?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:30 am

Right now, there exists an unspoken truce around the holiday season in America. There’s a religious Christian version, and a secular ‘Santa claus’ version, created by Jews and merchants in the 60s.

Both should be anathema to each other, but we tolerate and combine them, to keep the peace. But make no mistake, the religious version can not, and should not, be supported or promoted by the state.

It appears that the religious crowd has gotten this confused of late, and is pushing for religious symbols to be displayed on state facilities. This is a violation of the religious clause in the Constitution, and a result of ignorance and confusion on the Right.

So, to answer the question, lights, trees, nutcrackers fine. No nativities or crosses.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:38 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:30 am
Right now, there exists an unspoken truce around the holiday season in America. There’s a religious Christian version, and a secular ‘Santa claus’ version, created by Jews and merchants in the 60s.

Both should be anathema to each other, but we tolerate and combine them, to keep the peace. But make no mistake, the religious version can not, and should not, be supported or promoted by the state.

It appears that the religious crowd has gotten this confused of late, and is pushing for religious symbols to be displayed on state facilities. This is a violation of the religious clause in the Constitution, and a result of ignorance and confusion on the Right.

So, to answer the question, lights, trees, nutcrackers fine. No nativities or crosses.
I would argue that the Santa Claus version came from Germany in the 19th century and was brought here by Prince Albert an enforced by the likes of Dickens.
Other than disputing your date for the separation of the two types of Christmas I think you have it just about right.
At least competition for sales brings down the price of vintage port around this time of year so it's not all bad. ;)

All coca-cola really did was change the colour of Santa's cloak, they didn't come up with the idea.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:48 am

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 am

jediuser598 wrote:
Live and let live. Do what you enjoy.
Most people generally live this way , but not most leftists. I have my doubts you live this mantra yourself.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:53 am

Ph64 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:03 am
The non-religious sure have no problem taking the day off work though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:55 am

Nigga its yuletide. Sol Invictus. The seasonal equinox. I dont care if you dont like Jesus just do what you want and don't let some fucking kike ruin the holidays for you.