HAPPENING: /Ourguys/ Burning Federal Buildings and Degenerate Art Museums In France

Montegriffo

Re: HAPPENING: /Ourguys/ Burning Federal Buildings and Degenerate Art Museums In France

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:23 am

I saw a lot of Canadian flags yesterday in Normandy.
I almost stopped at the Canadian war cemetery but I was running out of time.
Was a great little antique shop in Bayeux with relics from the landings.
Nuke would have loved it. German helmets for about 150 bucks (American helmets were a bit cheaper).Lots of cap badges, canteens , bayonets, uniforms etc from both sides. Had little cards with cartridges of all sizes which had been found on the beaches. They still find things all the time and many items had "found recently" on them.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Re: HAPPENING: /Ourguys/ Burning Federal Buildings and Degenerate Art Museums In France

Post by Otern » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:49 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am
For example, only the British troops were banned from bars.

Never seen any other troops banned from a bar, including the Americans.

But there were many bars who simply would not let the Brits in.
My grandmother still dislikes the English. They managed to get a worse reputation in a few weeks of liberation, than the average German got from five years of occupation.

She feels sorry for the Germans who weren't nazis. They were polite, didn't want to be there, and generally treated the population well. The English quickly got a really bad reputation though. Alcohol was involved probably.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:23 am
Nuke would have loved it. German helmets for about 150 bucks (American helmets were a bit cheaper).Lots of cap badges, canteens , bayonets, uniforms etc from both sides. Had little cards with cartridges of all sizes which had been found on the beaches. They still find things all the time and many items had "found recently" on them.
Eurobucks or Meribucks? They cost pretty much the same here, maybe a little more expensive. Which I find weird, as they left behind hundreds of thousands of them. Even the K98k bayonets costs as much as the rifle they're supposed to be attached to here.

I'd love to visit that place too. First, I need to see Gdansk, where the war started. But I will visit Normandy one day.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:16 am

Otern wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:23 am
Eurobucks or Meribucks? They cost pretty much the same here, maybe a little more expensive. Which I find weird, as they left behind hundreds of thousands of them. Even the K98k bayonets costs as much as the rifle they're supposed to be attached to here.

I'd love to visit that place too. First, I need to see Gdansk, where the war started. But I will visit Normandy one day.
American helmet was only 65 Euros but German helmet was 150 Euros. That was a shop in the middle of town though, I'm sure it would be cheaper at one of the brocantes (bric-a-brac shops run as a charity for veterans) out in the sticks

Yeah, I've got to go back again and visit the WWII sites and museums.
Maybe in the summer when I can take a tent and stay for a few days. There is so much to see in that part of France.

I've always wanted to visit Carnac in Britany too.
Around 3000 standing stones in close proximity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnac_stones
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Otern

Post by Otern » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:58 pm

So, turns out 80% of the French got toxoplasmosis.
It makes men less prone to following rules, more likely to take risks. Which explains why they keep rioting like the stores ran out of butter.
It also increases the probability of schizophrenia in infected people. Which explains why Macron seems to think he's the new Napoleon.
It makes them like cats and their smell more (or maybe it's just that people who own cats are more likely to get the disease). Either way, it explains their reputation of bad smell.
It also increases the chance of getting into a car accident, which explains why France has got over twice the road fatality rate than Norway.

I think this is a sound theory, explaining most of the weird shit going on every other year in France. It also explains monte's cat avatar.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:34 pm

Cats are the jews of the animal kingdom. They convince women to not have kids, or worse, engage in risky behavior like dating blacks. They feminize men and turn them gay. They do all of this while leaching your money and labor for no return.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:50 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:34 pm
Cats are the jews of the animal kingdom. They convince women to not have kids, or worse, engage in risky behavior like dating blacks. They feminize men and turn them gay. They do all of this while leaching your money and labor for no return.
Whatev's, you can act all hard but we've not forgotten about Lucky Cat.

The return is pest control btw.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Otern wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:58 pm
So, turns out 80% of the French got toxoplasmosis.
It makes men less prone to following rules, more likely to take risks. Which explains why they keep rioting like the stores ran out of butter.
It also increases the probability of schizophrenia in infected people. Which explains why Macron seems to think he's the new Napoleon.
It makes them like cats and their smell more (or maybe it's just that people who own cats are more likely to get the disease). Either way, it explains their reputation of bad smell.
It also increases the chance of getting into a car accident, which explains why France has got over twice the road fatality rate than Norway.

I think this is a sound theory, explaining most of the weird shit going on every other year in France. It also explains monte's cat avatar.
They do drive like twats.
Tailgating, overtaking on corners and using their phones. A lot more drink driving too.
They are really cracking down on speeding though. Cameras everywhere. I just got a speeding ticket from last month, never used to bother with foreign cars.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:34 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:34 pm
What are dogs, then?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm

food, for Hwen.
Shikata ga nai