HAPPENING: /Ourguys/ Burning Federal Buildings and Degenerate Art Museums In France

Smitty-48

Re: HAPPENING: /Ourguys/ Burning Federal Buildings and Degenerate Art Museums In France

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm
Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm

ORLY?

I reckon Operation Hummingbird was just to be expected then.

Hitler despised the SA more than he despised the Generals.

Rohm was never an ally, Rohm was always an adversary, the competition, so Hitler took him out.
I have some doubts about your premises.
You don't understand the Night of the Long Knives and why Hitler liquidated the SA?
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Re: HAPPENING: /Ourguys/ Burning Federal Buildings and Degenerate Art Museums In France

Post by kybkh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm

How did he survive the Night of the Long Knives politically? Was it because the SA was mainly low level vets and vagrants, not of the upper class of German Society so nobody cared?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:11 pm

kybkh wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:10 pm
How did he survive the Night of the Long Knives politically? Was it because the SA was mainly low level vets and vagrants, not of the upper class of German Society so nobody cared?
He was doing what Stalin did, he was wiping out his left wing first.

Then he set to wiping out his right wing, which was the military, by trying to replace them with the SS.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Bear in mind, Hitler was not planning to go to war in 1939.

He was taken off guard when Britain and France entered the war in defense of their possession of India and Indochina.

He was forced to go early, with what he had on hand, rather than the army he wanted to build.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm
Fife wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Hitler despised the SA more than he despised the Generals.

Rohm was never an ally, Rohm was always an adversary, the competition, so Hitler took him out.
You don't understand the Night of the Long Knives and why Hitler liquidated the SA?
Yes and yes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm
Fife wrote:

Yes and yes.

Which one? That Hitler despised his own officer corps?
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:11 pm
kybkh wrote:

Then he set to wiping out his right wing, which was the military, by trying to replace them with the SS.
I get the SA move by Hitler, maybe I am over estimating the German citizenry awareness of the whole situation since they were getting Fake News.

Or maybe, I am overestimating the level of regularity expected from the German govt at that time.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 pm

kybkh wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:21 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
kybkh wrote:

I get the SA move by Hitler, maybe I am over estimating the German citizenry awareness of the whole situation since they were getting Fake News.
I don't think they were getting that much fake news in the early days, Hitler was quite open about his ruthless aggression.

The public was just in a rage about the total collapse of the economy, so they were into it, they wanted somebody hung from the lampposts, and didn't much care who it was.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Thing is, Hitler did get the economy going, zero to full employment in no time flat.

That was when he was at 89% approval.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:23 pm
kybkh wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:21 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

I don't think they were getting that much fake news in the early days, Hitler was quite open about his ruthless aggression.

The public was just in a rage about the total collapse of the economy, so they were into it, they wanted somebody hung from the lampposts, and didn't much care who it was.
Coming to a democracy near you.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0