China Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: China Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:09 am

What can expect from a people who spent about 18 hours, total, fighting the Third Reich before surrendering.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:39 am

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... f-conflict
LITTLE NOTICED organizational change in China's maritime patrols is causing increasing anxiety among Western military officials and their allies in the region, who fear Beijing is seeking new leverage to advance its goals and raising the likelihood that an accidental encounter could escalate into conflict.

What does PRC think it will gain if they start a conflict?

We would shut them out of western markets overnight.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:22 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:39 am
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... f-conflict
LITTLE NOTICED organizational change in China's maritime patrols is causing increasing anxiety among Western military officials and their allies in the region, who fear Beijing is seeking new leverage to advance its goals and raising the likelihood that an accidental encounter could escalate into conflict.

What does PRC think it will gain if they start a conflict?

We would shut them out of western markets overnight.
I'm not sure we would tbh.

I'm a little concerned, but not terribly worried just yet. Remember those coral reefs they poured concrete onto until they were Islands in the South China Sea? They immediately said it was China's sovereign territory and a no fly zone of sorts. Immediately, US and Japan flew planes through that airspace. I think this is another game of chicken. We can't back down and let chinks tell us what time it is. They need to learn their place. There are leader countries, and there are ones that are best suited to making shoddy second rate plastic products and getting the table scraps the West deems fit to feed them.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Say what you like about the Chinese, their kids are breaking world records for the time taken to solve three Rubik's cubes while juggling them continuously.
What are your kids doing?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:04 pm
Say what you like about the Chinese, their kids are breaking world records for the time taken to solve three Rubik's cubes while juggling them continuously.
What was the last great contribution by the PRC? Platitudes Monte dont win wars.

@Daraion - note the article says our DoD think tanks believes PRC is trying to pick a fight - I’m worried PRC economy is more pourpous than Chinese Drywall and that the PRC think war is the only way to hang on to power.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:26 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
What was the last great contribution by the PRC? Platitudes Monte dont win wars.

@Daraion - note the article says our DoD think tanks believes PRC is trying to pick a fight - I’m worried PRC economy is more pourpous than Chinese Drywall and that the PRC think war is the only way to hang on to power.
A likely outcome.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:26 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

A likely outcome.
"When was the last great contribution of the Parthians? Platitudes don't win wars." - Crassus

"When was the last great contribution of the Soviets? Platitudes don't win wars." - Hitler

"Platitudes don't win wars." - a tired old platitude.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Who would they fight with? The article seems to imply Japan. They have nukes, so if push came to shove, they'd win in a vacuum, but the I seriously doubt the US would just stand idly by and let one of its most valuable allies in the region lose to China. I don't know how that would play out. Japan isn't a lightweight either though. Some factions have been wanting to increase their military for quite some time, and something like this would give them a good reason. Additionally, a war would wreak havoc on China's economy, especially if it spooked global investors. An unstable combative country could lose all the trust it gained in a short time. There would probably be quite a few international defense contractors that would make a killing selling to PRC though.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:48 pm

You might like this channel.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm

China seemed to have convinced Google to demonetize his channel for this one.