China Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: China Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am

Come on. PRC has a right to crack down on this shit. We might not like it, but whatever.

From what I know of the state of the communist party's army, this will be a real fitness fail eye opener if video gets uploaded.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 am

BjornP wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:29 am
When Britain's lease of Hong Kong ended and it was handed back to China, the local HK government's demands for autonomy for 99 years ("one state, two systems") was agreed to by the Chinese government.

The HK protestors can, as I understand it, rightly point to China violating the terms of the handover agreement.

Not that Han Chinese seem to care alot for contracts. Despite the Communist badge, they are a deeply class and status based culture. You are right because of your social status. Even if that status was bought by your corrupt bureaucrat daddy.
+1
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:32 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 am
Come on. PRC has a right to crack down on this shit. We might not like it, but whatever.

From what I know of the state of the communist party's army, this will be a real fitness fail eye opener if video gets uploaded.
Of course the PRC government has a right to "crack down" on anything in its territory, including if it violates past agreements with the local government and people of Hong Kong. However, Britain also has a sovereign right to - as you'd probably put it - destroy their own civilization through multiculturalism. Should that mean you - as a private citizen - should then never bring the subject up if you ever met a British person? Or encourage them to do something other than what they're doing? You can actually both respect a foreign government's sovereign right to do whatever the hell it wants to its people, and at the same time want that people to change their government or system. Doesn't mean it should involve sending in armies, though.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:37 am

At this point, if offing Monty means letting the English genocide themselves from their island, then I am okay with it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:51 am

US - China Trade

Good article from Don Surber, he boils it down pretty well.

It is simple math.

4 > 1/2.

Exports to the United States are 4% of Red China's economy.
Exports to Red China are 1/2% of the United States economy.

Now the Chamber of Commerce and everyone else who has sold out to Red China will say the loss of those exports to Red China will cost 1.1 million jobs. What they don't say is what those imports cost in jobs and in national security. Red China has our technology and keys to building weaponry. If you cannot make steel, you cannot make tanks.

Hungarian emigre George Friedman wrote, "The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century."

In it, he observed, "The problem for China is political. China is held together by money, not ideology. When there is an economic downturn and the money stops rolling in, not only will the banking system spasm, but the entire fabric of Chinese society will shudder. Loyalty in China is either bought or coerced. Without available money, only coercion remains. Business slowdowns can generally lead to instability because they lead to business failure and unemployment. In a country where poverty is endemic and unemployment widespread, the added pressure of an economic downturn will result in political instability."

While nearly everyone has been saying for the last decade or more that the 21st C will be a Chinese century I never got aboard with them. I just can't see it, simply because of history. China is one of the oldest cultures on earth. In their 4,000 year history the Chinese culture has never been able to export power globally. The closest thing is when they were ruled by Mongols. I believe the reason is that China is always spending all it's energy trying to control it's own massive population.
PLATA O PLOMO

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:21 pm

If Chinese got rid of PRC and restored to their culture what Mao took - then they would possibly be capable of being world dominant culture. Right now, they're just a bunch of punk ass rude commies who take and steal what they want when they want.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:23 pm

I’m still amazed at how much Mao fucked China.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:57 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:23 pm
I’m still amazed at how much Mao fucked China.
China had to be pretty upfuckable to begin with for him to succeed in doing so. Resilience is what makes cultures great. How much fuckery can you take before thing start to unravel? Bad times will come.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 pm

I don't know where to put this, so I'm dropping it here.
Global Population increase is falling, dramatically.
https://fee.org/articles/the-myth-that- ... on-crisis/
PLATA O PLOMO

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:34 pm

https://www.ft.com/content/2a40927e-e94 ... 065ef5fc55

Is this a case of Trump going globohomo and making the US once again going out of its way to get involved in other people's internal business?

Is it the US standing up to evil Chinese ethnic cleansing and punishing countries who solve their social problems by sticking their people in concentration camps?

Or is it simply a cynical way for the US to put a stop to Chinese competition?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.