China Thread

heydaralon

China Thread

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:44 pm

As many of you know, I am a big fan of Chinese culture and the society they have created. However, that version of me is in a paralell universe. In this one, I view China as a great big Potemkin village rife with pollution, genocide, and shoddy imports, not to mention Enron-style fraud on a national level.

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-says-china ... 07843.html

This article discusses the Uighurs and the re-education camps they are sent to by the Beijing government. These sorts of practices have been occuring for decades in Tibet as well. The Chinese call these camps "employment training centers" or more accurately "emproyment training centers."

I also found this article today:

https://www.axios.com/us-china-borders- ... e2267.html

What do you guys think of it? Are we arready in a "Cord War" with China?

This articre is arso very interesting. Its from the Hirr an American poriticar website.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... at-the-g20

Wourd a trade war with China be profitabre?

Anyway, NukeDog has made a bunch of good threads on countries, but I couldn't find one on China, so I made this China hate thread. Feer free to post any articres on China here.
Shikata ga nai

Zlaxer

Re: China Thread

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm

They’re not as dangerous as the Nazi’s were / they’re far too arrogant.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:03 pm
Its really interesting how a lot of academics feel like the late 21st century will be Chinese. I see the comparison of Athens and Sparta leading up to the Peloponnesian War mentioned a lot by historians who bring up our relationship with China. How do you think it will play out? Do you think we will ever go to war with China during our lifetimes? What about a Cold War? I hope that they get rocked by a major economic collapse that puts them back to their rightful place as a pawn of Great Powers to play with. They are far less suited to being a world power than any of their predecessors. They are just a shitty knockoff country. I am praying they fail on a colossal scale. From the limited knowledge I have of them, China appears to be a paper tiger of sorts. The whole edifice is held together by spit and glue. God, I hope I'm right about that.
Shikata ga nai

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:33 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:14 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Its really interesting how a lot of academics feel like the late 21st century will be Chinese. I see the comparison of Athens and Sparta leading up to the Peloponnesian War mentioned a lot by historians who bring up our relationship with China. How do you think it will play out? Do you think we will ever go to war with China during our lifetimes? What about a Cold War? I hope that they get rocked by a major economic collapse that puts them back to their rightful place as a pawn of Great Powers to play with. They are far less suited to being a world power than any of their predecessors. They are just a shitty knockoff country. I am praying they fail on a colossal scale. From the limited knowledge I have of them, China appears to be a paper tiger of sorts. The whole edifice is held together by spit and glue. God, I hope I'm right about that.
First, (based on personal experience) I separate the Chinese people from the fucking PRC. Most Chinese are decent human beings - it's the PRC that promotes aggression, cronyism, lying, theft and scheming.

Second, I agree that China is headed for economic collapse - and like everything "PRC", it will be fucking 'Huge'. PRC is shitting themselves bc they know if US market is shutoff - they are fucked beyond belief.

Third, we are in a cold war - have been for almost a decade - but we're still 30 years ahead of them technology-wise. While they may be able to steal tech - they simply don't have the experience our DoD has in waging serious War - Mao won a victory in Korea and Vietnam - but those were not total war. And the US learned serious lessons from both conflicts. Moreover, the PRC has been terrible at making its own organic tech advancements....if we go to war, we'll drop the iron curtain on them (like we did to Germany).

Fourth - PRC will eventually try to sink dollar...not sure when - but sure that they will try.

Fifth - PRC is in for massive cancer problems in 15-20 years - like nothing the world has seen - you can't lay waste to you land like that for 30 years and not have dire consequences - Cancer epidemic is already starting to show despite the PRC's best efforts to quash it in the news.

I'm hoping for perfect storm of economic collapse and cancer epidemic that brings down the PRC.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:42 pm

http://fashthenation.com/2018/05/fash-t ... low-peril/

01:10:00 - FTN Focus: China: The Yellow Peril
01:15:00 - China, First Totalitarian State
01:25:00 - Warring States Period
01:47:00 - Origins of Chinese Sociopathic Narcissism
02:02:00 - Opium Wars
02:13:00 - Intermission
02:15:00 - 20th Century China
02:44:00 - Mao: China Has Stood Up
02:55:00 - Deng Xiaoping Takes Power
03:01:00 - Age of Globalism
03:07:00 - 21st Century and the Future of Humanity
03:35:00 - Outro

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:33 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:14 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
First, (based on personal experience) I separate the Chinese people from the fucking PRC. Most Chinese are decent human beings - it's the PRC that promotes aggression, cronyism, lying, theft and scheming.

Second, I agree that China is headed for economic collapse - and like everything "PRC", it will be fucking 'Huge'. PRC is shitting themselves bc they know if US market is shutoff - they are fucked beyond belief.

Third, we are in a cold war - have been for almost a decade - but we're still 30 years ahead of them technology-wise. While they may be able to steal tech - they simply don't have the experience our DoD has in waging serious War - Mao won a victory in Korea and Vietnam - but those were not total war. And the US learned serious lessons from both conflicts. Moreover, the PRC has been terrible at making its own organic tech advancements....if we go to war, we'll drop the iron curtain on them (like we did to Germany).

Fourth - PRC will eventually try to sink dollar...not sure when - but sure that they will try.

Fifth - PRC is in for massive cancer problems in 15-20 years - like nothing the world has seen - you can't lay waste to you land like that for 30 years and not have dire consequences - Cancer epidemic is already starting to show despite the PRC's best efforts to quash it in the news.

I'm hoping for perfect storm of economic collapse and cancer epidemic that brings down the PRC.
Great post! Very fleshed out.

I have made the analogy on here before that China stealing our tech to advance would be like me copying your homework every day for class. That will work until the test comes. Then you will pass and I will fail. I hope it plays out that way.

Their GDP is 12 tril I believe, compared to our 19. If they were to attempt to sink our currency, how do you think they'd go about it?

Also, lets say in a thought experiment that Trump actually was able to put a 25% tariff on all Chinky imports. How would China react? Would they just bend over and take it?

I didn't really consider the cancer epidemic. That's a great point. I have been reading articles for years that China is a filthy, highly polluted country. Their rivers are filled with viruses, heavy metals, and improperly disposed of sewage and animal corpses, and their air is filled with smog and all kinds of carcinogens. What a nasty place. This could work in our favor though. If it takes cell growth to bring down the most evil regime in human history then so be it. Works for me.

China is also very ethnically diverse. Leaving aside Tibet and Xianjiang, there are numerous ethnic groups that are held together by the strong grip of central Chink government. I would love to see a sort of USSR style collapse happen. If we get them weak and divided, we can really turn the screws.

I also share you optimism about the lack of strategy and experience in the PRC army. They have not been tested for decades, and their equipment is quite shoddy compared to ours. I'm not sure how they would do in total war. I imagine their strategy would be similar to Russia's during WW2. I do think if we fought them, it would be an away game for us. They do not have the capacity to take the fight to us.

I'm glad that Trump is at least talking about China and the threat they pose to us economically. I wonder if it would be in our longterm interests to just stop the yellow cancer at stage 1. These trade wars might hurt us short term, but if they weaken China, they are in a worse position than us to recover, so it might be worth it. China needs to fall. Because of how intertwined Europe and the other countries are with the PRC economically, it actually would benefit us quite a bit if China fell, because it might cause a global economic crisis. We would be hit hard, but they would be hit harder. Think about how cool that would be. It would be like right after WW2 when the world was in ruins and the US was the only game in town. The EU is so pozzed that a collapse might cause them to move back into reality, and re-evaluate the stupidity of their entire system.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:06 pm

Also I didn't realize you already made a China hate thread/poll. My bad man. Was not trying to make a duplicate. I sort of pulled a China intellectual property theft on you.
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm

An Interesting question and discussion at Reddit
Why did the Chinese invent so many things thousands of years before everyone else? And when/why did this trend stop?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/ ... s/c8prl2j/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:14 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm
An Interesting question and discussion at Reddit
Why did the Chinese invent so many things thousands of years before everyone else? And when/why did this trend stop?

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/ ... s/c8prl2j/
2 part question:
1st part: beginner's luck
2nd part: totalitarianism is not good for innovation. However you can still have a growing economy under an oppresive government.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Mongols.

The ethnicity thing - China is 92% a single ethnicity. They’re more “pure” than anywhere except Japan.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... s_in_China
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0