The House Always Wins...

BjornP

Re: The House Always Wins...

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:23 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am

Oh, and stop with the cheap collectivist jabs. It's not helping your argument.
There were no "cheap collectivist jabs" outside of your imagination. Stop it with the victimhood. I'm challenging something Carlus often repeats, not insulting his mother or putting him down. It's an exchange of ideas, and I don't feel any need to intellectually "coddle" Carlus and I am a kind, compassionate saint compared to how some here debate other forum goers here. Seriously, don't play the policeman when you're just imagining a "crime".
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:23 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am

Oh, and stop with the cheap collectivist jabs. It's not helping your argument.
There were no "cheap collectivist jabs" outside of your imagination. Stop it with the victimhood. I'm challenging something Carlus often repeats, not insulting his mother or putting him down. It's an exchange of ideas, and I don't feel any need to intellectually "coddle" Carlus and I am a kind, compassionate saint compared to how some here debate other forum goers here. Seriously, don't play the policeman when you're just imagining a "crime".
Tone deaf.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:06 am
Loser mentality. FB and YT is popular, yes. How did they become popular? Were they that from the start? Have they been that way forever? No. You can start somewhere, too.

Are you still allowed to own property? Yes? Will no, absolutely none at all, internet providers provide non-lefty, non-MSM with a platform of their own? Really...? :think: Well, in that case... then there's a market there, isn't there? I'm sure if enough people chipped in, you could start your own non-lefty internet service provider company.
You never understood the point of the OP, did you? There are already outlets for conservative ideas. Other than Fox News, which gets drowned out by the dozen other MSM outlets and constantly marginalized by all of the other left wing voices in power, you're left with a bunch of fringe outlets to get the message out. Sure they exist, but they are being pushed out of the avenues that get out to the general public. The hardcore fans of them will find them. The other 95% of the country doesn't even know they exist.

It's not a loser mentality to see reality for what it is.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:48 am

You never understood the point of the OP, did you? There are already outlets for conservative ideas. Other than Fox News, which gets drowned out by the dozen other MSM outlets and constantly marginalized by all of the other left wing voices in power, you're left with a bunch of fringe outlets to get the message out. Sure they exist, but they are being pushed out of the avenues that get out to the general public. The hardcore fans of them will find them. The other 95% of the country doesn't even know they exist.

It's not a loser mentality to see reality for what it is.
And is it the MSM's responsibility to help you get your message out? I don't dismiss the democratic problem in terms of your media not properly representing the US public, but I do dismiss the notion that you can't do anything about it. Not saying it's easy, but wether or not you become visible or not... ? That's entirely your own responsibility as a...movement or message, or whatever you want to call it. If 95% of the country don't even know you exist, you're not working hard enough or not thinking innovatively enough to be heard or seen.

Fife is also not wrong. The MSM have been shutting down physical offices in small communities and primarily reside in major cities. This loss of local representation, of local insight, could actually be a way into an untapped media market.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:14 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 am
And is it the MSM's responsibility to help you get your message out?
No. It's also not their responsibility to actively work to silence messages they do not agree with. But that is where they have taken it. Trump is correct when he refers to the MSM as an enemy of the people. They have bypassed reporting on the truth in favor of pushing the Democrat agenda by any means necessary.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:47 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:14 am
BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 am
And is it the MSM's responsibility to help you get your message out?
No. It's also not their responsibility to actively work to silence messages they do not agree with. But that is where they have taken it. Trump is correct when he refers to the MSM as an enemy of the people. They have bypassed reporting on the truth in favor of pushing the Democrat agenda by any means necessary.
The MSM at least represents some of fellow citizens, don't forget. "The People", in any country, is usually not of one mind, so no, it would not be accurate to say they're the Enemy of the People. And out of the total voting age population, how many US citizens voted for Trump, i.e. when the media report on him unfairly how many voters are they disrespecting?

You're being ignored, your interests not represented. But you're not powerless unless you believe you are, you're not incapable of doing something that gets your message across to the 95% unless you accept that incapability as fact. So don't.

I don't care what plans you might make, just make some. As a hobby, even. Post them to someone, somewhere who might be able to do something if you can't get your plans carried out yourself. Brainstorm with them. I don't like seeing you people here being so... dunno, despondent? Hopeless? Having a sense of powerlessness, that you cannot impact the society you're part of... But you got Trump elected, despite the MSM. You got the message out somehow, then.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:47 am
The MSM at least represents some of fellow citizens, don't forget. "The People", in any country, is usually not of one mind, so no, it would not be accurate to say they're the Enemy of the People. And out of the total voting age population, how many US citizens voted for Trump, i.e. when the media report on him unfairly how many voters are they disrespecting?
They only represent the few in power. They do not represent all Democrats. They constantly lie and manipulate the viewers, so yes, they are the enemy of the people. Them saying what you want to hear does not make them your ally.
BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:47 am
I don't care what plans you might make, just make some. As a hobby, even. Post them to someone, somewhere who might be able to do something if you can't get your plans carried out yourself. Brainstorm with them. I don't like seeing you people here being so... dunno, despondent? Hopeless? Having a sense of powerlessness, that you cannot impact the society you're part of... But you got Trump elected, despite the MSM. You got the message out somehow, then.
Where do you live? I believe it is not in the US. I don't think you understand how much political civility has eroded in the US in recent years. This is not a country where violent protests, riots, and open corruption has been a focus in our lifetime. In the past 10 years, and mainly since 2016, the erosion has rapidly accelerated. The media is now openly hostile to conservative views . Simply mentioning you agree with 1 single thing Trump said is likely to ruin lifelong friendships. Knowing that the only other viable political option is "in the tank" for the entire corrupt system doesn't inspire a lot of optimism.

This does not mean we are all "woe is me" and giving up. While I will bitch about all of the above, I still have more freedom and am better off than 99.9% of the rest of the world. I have other things in life that give me joy and things that keep me busy. It's not the end of my world. My impact is local. This is my place to openly vent. This is my safe space :)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Fox News - the most popular cable news in the ratings - is ‘drowned out and marginalized’. Not a loser mentality.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:49 pm

BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:44 am
clubgop wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 am
BjornP wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:03 pm

:doh:

Is Google the only news aggregator in the world? Are news aggregators "The Media"? Do they have journalistic staff, editors in chiefs, that sort of thing? Here's a novel idea for ya: Just don't use news aggregators. Figure out which media outlets you trust, and stick to visiting their sites, only.
Then watch them get called fake news or hate speech and rubbed out by the corporate media while they whine about Trump. We know your game, bitch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

Yes, clubby... it's so much more safe to just do nothing, make no choices, pretend that the White Ma... sorry, the MSM, is keeping you down and preventing you from even playing the game.

:violin:
No one said that bitch. Just pointing out the ways leftists like you play this game. Take one down, two takes their place. Leftist censorship is predictable and unmaintainable.
Last edited by clubgop on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:16 pm
Fox News - the most popular cable news in the ratings - is ‘drowned out and marginalized’. Not a loser mentality.
Coming from someone who posts a zerohedge article at least once a day is rich in hypocrisy.