The House Always Wins...

nmoore63

Re: The House Always Wins...

Post by nmoore63 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 am

kybkh wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am
The internet is nothing like it was 10 years ago as far as accessing independent media.

Acting like there are not multiple networks working hand in hand to oppose Trump and conservative ideas is retarded at this point.
Myspace will be here forever.

The reality is that the game is rigged... as long as it stays static.
Chaos hurts the House.
The chaos is not over.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23 am

YOU DIDNT LISTEN TO ME

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:02 am

kybkh wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am
The internet is nothing like it was 10 years ago as far as accessing independent media.

Acting like there are not multiple networks working hand in hand to oppose Trump and conservative ideas is retarded at this point.
The globalist leftists are an international organization made of massive money interests. They control the lionshare media on the internet amongst many other industries. They are well organized and funded. I think we all here pretty well understand that.

Working class people around the globe have relied on the voting booth to push back against this globalist cabal, but they have rejected our right to vote their policies out of existence(ie. BREXIT, Trump)

We're rightly pissed. Bjorn has a point that bitching about it is not the answer. The question is, where do we go from here ? Anti-Globalists around the world need to have leaders and methods to fight back. We really don't have that right now. Unfortunately, few big personalties push back and have rolled over to the globalists. Why haven't we seen people like Joe Rogan or Dan Carlin types make a stand? There might be better examples, but you get my point.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 pm

I've not lost faith in self-correction. However, I don't doubt that the iron will be awfully hot when we learn not to touch it again...

What to do???

Be prepared for a long period of economical turmoil is about the best advice I could give someone. Before the next "Revolution" can come about via a gun grab, I suspect a global economic depression will occur.

As much as I hate the Boomers, they built a lot of shit and as they leave the workforce you will have a bunch of Millennials who can't find their socks without their mom deciding where to build the next plant to have minimal environmental impact while China will be choosing locations by how fast the rivers can run the pollution downstream.

They will be able to tell you the time and the general way a watch works, but they won't be able to make one.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 pm

kybkh wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 pm
I've not lost faith in self-correction. However, I don't doubt that the iron will be awfully hot when we learn not to touch it again...

What to do???

Be prepared for a long period of economical turmoil is about the best advice I could give someone. Before the next "Revolution" can come about via a gun grab, I suspect a global economic depression will occur.

As much as I hate the Boomers, they built a lot of shit and as they leave the workforce you will have a bunch of Millennials who can't find their socks without their mom deciding where to build the next plant to have minimal environmental impact while China will be choosing locations by how fast the rivers can run the pollution downstream.

They will be able to tell you the time and the general way a watch works, but they won't be able to make one.
Start stockpiling canned food too. Not for the food, but because the price of steel and tin is about to skyrocket. Those cans will be worth their weight in silver at least. Most millenials don't even understand what a cylinder is, so them manufacturing a can is out of the equation. Personally I just dropped 2k on campbells and del monte because those cans are gonna pay for themelves twice over. Ignore me at your own peril. You are probably one of those brain dead statists who believe everything you see on CNN. I can't wait to rub this in your face when you fail to heed my advice. Dumbass.
Shikata ga nai

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:36 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:40 am

I get what you are saying Bjorn. But it's difficult for me to demand that one group not be allowed to bitch like another group. I get seeking a higher standard and to display that as a means to a better end. However, what I see as the problem with that is that the SJWs don't follow rules, they don't follow good conduct and nothing is off the table for them. Stalin was very good at this 'ends justifies the means'. The White Russians lost, because they didn't get in the mud with the pigs like the Bolshies. So, where did holding a higher standard get them.

The SJW theology is dangerous for western civilization, science, art, mathematics and free speech. I don't say that lightly. When professors papers are being destroyed because the research are outside of SJW thought, we have serious problems. And this thought is being institutionalized in Western Nations. Now, Western Nations aren't the be all and end all of the world. But they are the ones that hold everything together. Maybe I make too much of it, but I see SJW theory to be extremely dangerous to the long term security of the planet.
I have no problem with pointing out that MSM media is slanted in a certain way, like painting globalization as entirely positive, painting people who want to preserve their way of life as "racist, nationalist, bigots". But at some point you're just screaming down a hole. You're waiting around for someone to fix it for you, when you yourself might be able to help offer the American people an alternative to the SJW's and an alternative to the MSM.

The White Russians lost because they were disorganized rabble, with extremely different political ideologies represented - from everything to traditionalists who wished to reestablish the czardom and aristocratic privileges, to republicans more in line with classical liberal values. They didn't lose to Soviet propaganda, they lost to Soviet guns and better organization.

Btw, if you're so opposed to "collectivism", shouldn't you be fine with people not following the rules and will of the collective, not following the "good conduct" agreed upon by the collective (society)? :whistle: I'm only half kidding - you may be opposed to collectivism, but you're not arguing like an individualist, either. People not giving a rat's ass about good conduct, about the rules... well, your country came into existence because of some landowners decided the rules, the good conduct decided by their leaders did not represent them anymore. So, hopefully you'd agree that some indifference to, some challenge to the establishment, to what's considered "good conduct".

However, there is a social critique of high, middling and low quality. SJW's, the PC crowd, postmodernists are low quality.

Moving back to the Soviets and their better rate of organization, that's precisely what you lack, because I'm not saying you lot should quit the dayjob and start a new political party or start a newspaper... or at least not on your own...

You could use social media to reach out to political allies in the US, then ask your compatriots in the country to pitch in via Kickstarter (or other means) in order to simply start your own, alt media newspaper, hire your own full-time investigators so you don't need to rely on the AP/Reuters journalists and so you can completely independent, and hire an editor in chief who would focus on the sorts of stories you think should get more coverage.

Hell, thinking even more outside the box, you could start an alternate news... platform, of sorts. Instead of having an editor in chief or acting like old media, users could vote on which stories would get funding for research - the contract gets up, whomever gets most votes gets hired for the job. Votes restricted to people who are paying members. Users who find some pertinent data or tip during a running story, are eligible for tips. Some of the lawyers could pitch in how one might legally restrict the site's users to people with your own political beliefs - in order to avoid stories getting sabotaged.

I know working together with others is terribly... collectivist ( :P ), but if you could find say 20,000 Americans, who pitched in a little money each, you might be able to fund something great. And you could let whatever talent you'd consider trustworthy handle the day to day running of the site, while you'd get a small share of the membership fees.

I don't know.. I'm just spitballing here. I don't agree politically with most of you on several issues, but I believe in democracy and I find it a shame, get angry at the thought, of people pretending that they're powerless. I do think comparing the power and influence SJW's have to what power Communists had in the USSR hyperbolic and somewhat hysterical, but you're right that you don't get as much time in front of the mike as others. I just think that's not the same as Soviet style oppression. You're ignored... not oppressed.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:44 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 am
BjornP wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:54 pm
I need only fire up a news aggregation service like Google News to see the media is one thing, and it's total bullshit.
:doh:

Is Google the only news aggregator in the world? Are news aggregators "The Media"? Do they have journalistic staff, editors in chiefs, that sort of thing? Here's a novel idea for ya: Just don't use news aggregators. Figure out which media outlets you trust, and stick to visiting their sites, only.
Then watch them get called fake news or hate speech and rubbed out by the corporate media while they whine about Trump. We know your game, bitch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

Yes, clubby... it's so much more safe to just do nothing, make no choices, pretend that the White Ma... sorry, the MSM, is keeping you down and preventing you from even playing the game.

:violin:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am

BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:36 am
You could use social media to reach out to political allies in the US, then ask your compatriots in the country to pitch in via Kickstarter (or other means) in order to simply start your own, alt media newspaper, hire your own full-time investigators so you don't need to rely on the AP/Reuters journalists and so you can completely independent, and hire an editor in chief who would focus on the sorts of stories you think should get more coverage.
Print media is dead. The way you get your message out today is through the internet or television. Good luck getting your "independent" media out via television. The big corporations that control the methods of distribution will never let you through the door.

As for the internet, the main pipelines for getting your message out (FB, YT) have already shown that they will censor and shut down things they deem too "disruptive". I'm sure the internet providers will be more than willing to play along with that narrative if anyone too independent gets too visible.

The game is rigged. No, the game is owned. We are just being allowed to play in the sandbox as long as we don't get too far out of line.

Oh, and stop with the cheap collectivist jabs. It's not helping your argument.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am

Lots of bolshie bs flowing this morning. Let's have an International bake sale!

Think locally, act locally.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:06 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am
BjornP wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:36 am
Print media is dead. The way you get your message out today is through the internet or television. Good luck getting your "independent" media out via television. The big corporations that control the methods of distribution will never let you through the door.

As for the internet, the main pipelines for getting your message out (FB, YT) have already shown that they will censor and shut down things they deem too "disruptive". I'm sure the internet providers will be more than willing to play along with that narrative if anyone too independent gets too visible.

The game is rigged. No, the game is owned. We are just being allowed to play in the sandbox as long as we don't get too far out of line.
Loser mentality. FB and YT is popular, yes. How did they become popular? Were they that from the start? Have they been that way forever? No. You can start somewhere, too.

Are you still allowed to own property? Yes? Will no, absolutely none at all, internet providers provide non-lefty, non-MSM with a platform of their own? Really...? :think: Well, in that case... then there's a market there, isn't there? I'm sure if enough people chipped in, you could start your own non-lefty internet service provider company.