Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

Smitty-48

Re: Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 pm

Commandante Stone turned Wikileaks against the very liberals who upheld it, just deserts if there ever was.

Viva la revolucion turned against its own. Hasta la victoria siempre!

Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 am

Twitter video at the link of this worm:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/11 ... 4261617664

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 am

Julian Assange has been arrested.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47891737
Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange has been arrested at the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

Mr Assange took refuge in the embassy seven years ago to avoid extradition to Sweden over a sexual assault case that has since been dropped.

The Met Police said he was arrested for failing to surrender to the court.

Ecuador's president Lenin Moreno said it withdrew Mr Assange's asylum after his repeated violations to international conventions.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 am

Assange, 47, who has spent almost seven years at the embassy after seeking refuge there to avoid extradition to Sweden, was detained after the Ecuadorian government withdrew his asylum, Scotland Yard said. He was held on a warrant issued by Westminster magistrates court on 29 June 2012 when he failed to surrender to the court.

Scotland Yard said: “He has been taken into custody at a central London police station where he will remain, before being presented before Westminster magistrates court as soon as is possible.

“The MPS [Metropolitan Police Service] had a duty to execute the warrant, on behalf of Westminster magistrates court, and was invited into the embassy by the ambassador, following the Ecuadorian government’s withdrawal of asylum.”

Ecuador’s president, Lenín Moreno, said on Twitter: “In a sovereign decision, Ecuador withdrew the asylum status to Julian Assange after his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols.”

But WikiLeaks said Moreno had acted illegally in terminating Assange’s political asylum “in violation of international law”.

The home secretary, Sajid Javid, said: “Nearly seven years after entering the Ecuadorian embassy, I can confirm Julian Assange is now in police custody and rightly facing justice in the UK. I would like to thank Ecuador for its cooperation the Metropolitan police for its professionalism. No one is above the law.”

His arrest comes a day after Wikileaks accused the Ecuadorian government of an “extensive spying operation” against Assange.

WikiLeaks claims meetings with lawyers and a doctor inside the embassy over the past year were secretly filmed.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -wikileaks

The US will have to agree to not use the death penalty for Assange to be extradited for trial as the UK does not extradite to countries where the accused could face the death penalty.
First, he will have to appear before the British courts.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:04 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 am
Assange, 47, who has spent almost seven years at the embassy after seeking refuge there to avoid extradition to Sweden, was detained after the Ecuadorian government withdrew his asylum, Scotland Yard said. He was held on a warrant issued by Westminster magistrates court on 29 June 2012 when he failed to surrender to the court.

Scotland Yard said: “He has been taken into custody at a central London police station where he will remain, before being presented before Westminster magistrates court as soon as is possible.

“The MPS [Metropolitan Police Service] had a duty to execute the warrant, on behalf of Westminster magistrates court, and was invited into the embassy by the ambassador, following the Ecuadorian government’s withdrawal of asylum.”

Ecuador’s president, Lenín Moreno, said on Twitter: “In a sovereign decision, Ecuador withdrew the asylum status to Julian Assange after his repeated violations to international conventions and daily-life protocols.”

But WikiLeaks said Moreno had acted illegally in terminating Assange’s political asylum “in violation of international law”.

The home secretary, Sajid Javid, said: “Nearly seven years after entering the Ecuadorian embassy, I can confirm Julian Assange is now in police custody and rightly facing justice in the UK. I would like to thank Ecuador for its cooperation the Metropolitan police for its professionalism. No one is above the law.”

His arrest comes a day after Wikileaks accused the Ecuadorian government of an “extensive spying operation” against Assange.

WikiLeaks claims meetings with lawyers and a doctor inside the embassy over the past year were secretly filmed.

The US will have to agree to not use the death penalty for Assange to be extradited for trial as the UK does not extradite to countries where the accused could face the death penalty.
What is he accused of?

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:04 am
Montegriffo wrote:

What is he accused of?
Not attending a court summons.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:34 am

fuck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:17 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:04 am
Montegriffo wrote:

What is he accused of?
Not attending a court summons.
What do they want him extradited for?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 am

The DOJ says part of what Assange did to justify his prosecution - beyond allegedly helping Manning get the documents - is he encouraged Manning to get more docs for him to publish. Journalists do this with sources constantly: it's the criminalization of journalism
Glenn Greenwald
‏@ggreenwald

This is Assange's lawyer, confirming he was arrested not just for bail-jumping in the UK (a minor offense) but also on a US extradition warrant issued by Trump DOJ in 2017 alleging a conspiracy with Chelsea Manning: it's about pre-2016 publication of docs
Jen Robinson
‏ @suigenerisjen

#Assange has been arrested not just for breach of bail conditions but also in relation to a US extradition request. @wikileaks @khrafnsson
From #Assange: The US warrant was issued in December 2017 and is for conspiracy with Chelsea Manning @xychelsea in early 2010.
Julian Assange found guilty of skipping bail by UK judge. He will be sentenced in Crown Court, where the maximum sentence is 12 months. Judge says Assange to appear again on the extradition matter on June 12th
does his time spent in the embassy count as time served?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:27 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 am
does his time spent in the embassy count as time served?
Why would it?
*yip*