Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

heydaralon

Re: Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 pm
Even the Soviets never had a prison a brutal as the ADX.

I have no desire to torture prisoners in a Kafkaesque dungeon, just shoot them if they are that heinous.
They had shit way worse than Florence. Read Kolyma Tales.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Hell, Russia today has worse prisons than ADX. Black Dolphin and others are way worse.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Not that it scares me one bit. I've been to some tough prisons before, and I've worked my way up, fighting all the inmates and beating up guards to earn their respect, and gradually running the yards. Hell, I even had several wardens of my payroll. Its not that bad, you just need to be ready to fight six guys at one time which I did daily. I was good too. Really good at that. Beating up hardened criminals isn't a big deal, at least not for me. And you can't feel bad for them either, even after you break some guys jaw for stepping out of line. The way I looked at it, is they must have done something bad otherwise they wouldn't be in prison. And you get over it quick. You have to.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:30 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 pm
Hell, Russia today has worse prisons than ADX. Black Dolphin and others are way worse.
Even Black Dolphin is not as bleak as the ADX, the exercise cage at Black Dolphin is way bigger, the inmates have company at Black Dolphin, they've got two inmates in a cell, the ADX is 100% solitary.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:35 pm

In terms of Russian Gulags, Gulags are actually work farms.

Brutal as they are, you are outdoors much of the time, in a group.

It's not solitary in a tiny concrete cage like the ADX.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:30 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 pm
Even Black Dolphin is not as bleak as the ADX, the exercise cage at Black Dolphin is way bigger, the inmates have company at Black Dolphin, they've got two inmates in a cell, the ADX is 100% solitary.
idk man. I saw a doc where this Russian guy (a real piece of shit don't get me wrong murdered several women) had to stay in his cell 24 hours per day. And they wouldn't let him sit or lay down in bed during daylight hours. So for like 16 hours per day, he has to remain standing. What he would do is pace back and forth in his 6 by 6 cell all day every day. He told the doc crew that he had created this elaborate world full of tastes, sounds, sights, and smells that he has become totally immersed in. He said that he experiences time differently and that hours seem like seconds. To be honest, I wish I had that guy's mind and discipline. Not the fucked up part that makes him murder innocent people, but the ability to be that stoic and focused. That's like Hannibal Lecter memory palace type shit. I don't think he was lying to the filmmakers either, because he seemed lucid and normal, and there is no way he'd be able to be anything other than catatonic living in that environment that long unless he had some strong mental defenses. Crazy shit man.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 pm

The ADX is all that and more.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Moreover I don't think the United States should engage in a competition with the Russians as to whose prisons are less civilized.

I think the United States should aspire to me more civilized than Mr. Ivan.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:38 pm
The ADX is all that and more.
Those ADX inmates talk to eachother though. Timothy McVeigh was next door to Ramzi Yousef (the 93 WTC bombing mastermind) at ADX and apparently they became friends (wtf???????????). They each liked what the other had to say. I can't imagine the hell it is to be there, but I know that the inmates seem to always find ways around the isolation. Aren't a bunch of Aryan Brotherhood, and La Eme' leaders in supermax but still running their gangs from it? Idk how, but they do.
Shikata ga nai

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 pm

this cat has russian ties
CNN: Julian Assange's cat appears to be safe
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/13/uk/j ... safe-trnd/