Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

heydaralon

Re: Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:03 pm
The argument made here is a red herring fallacy. Assume he was acting as a case officer and running an espionage program against the US.

That is a crime insomuch as the person operates inside the US. Which is not the case here. The US government has no jurisdiction and,if they prevail, what stops other nations from going after CIA employees in Virginia?
Our world dominance and nukes plus dollar reserve currency. Don't get me wrong, I don't want those losers trying to tell us to send Americans over to them for punishment, but we don't play by the same rules as other nations, and rightly so. We are better than Chile or the UK. We are far better than Canada and Denmark too.
Last edited by heydaralon on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:06 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:01 pm
It's not me, I don't even care.

But if you're gonna be an "investigative reporter" with classified material, you'd best know where the lines are.

This is why professional journalists have legal teams to advise them.
You don't understand though. That helicopter crew killed people during combat. Never in American history has warfare resulted in even a single civilian death. It is truly unprecedented. I can't even imagine how Curtis LeMay would have reacted if he learned that the firebombing of Tokyo led to any collateral damage. He probably would have resigned on the spot.

Well that's the thing, Assange does not bother me, I don't think he does much damage, but on the other hand he goes out of his way to run a smear campaign, information warfare.

He's reckless, because he's desperate for clickbait to sling at the military.

Live by the sword die by the sword, don't come crying to me now, Mr. Collateral Murder.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:11 pm

This is fucking retarded when you really consider it. Assange could testify, with material evidence, that the DNC hack was an inside leak and his leak was subsequently murdered before the deep state launched this Russia investigation farce.

We all know this is what happened with reasonable confidence, but the majority of morons out there do not, and shit could get really hard to explain once that gets out.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Assange is a good dude overall, despite his silliness and misguided attempts at Martyrdom. That being said, fuck that Al Qaeda sympathizing journalist who got caught in the Apache crossfire. The world didn't lose any cutting edge journalistic insight when that terrorist groupie painted the Iraqi pavement red. Assange tried to propagandize the US, but since he is not active military and not American, I'm thinking that prison is a bit harsh. Maybe, like 200 hours community service and a small fine. Let's call it $500. Idk, I like the dude, but I think I'd probably not like him irl. He goes to those gayass Euro clubs and dances to techno like a fairy. But prison? Nah.

If he was working with the Chinese govt, then he should get the death penalty though, as should any person involved with the Chinese stealing our trade and defense secrets. No expensive trial needed for that, just an 85 cent bullet.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:16 pm

It's not even Assange personally, I don't like or dislike him, none the less he's an ideological agenda driven activist posing as disinterested "media" while running an information warfare campaign against the military, and I like to see them caught in webs of their own making.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:16 pm
It's not even Assange personally, I don't like or dislike him, none the less he's an ideological agenda driven activist posing as disinterested "media" while running an information warfare campaign against the military, and I like to see them caught in webs of their own making.
I hate the media too. But C'mon, Assange isn't as bad as anyone on CNN or MSNBC. BBC, Guardian etc are also scum, though GatewayPundit and Breitbart are pretty good tbh. Fox news has Tucker which redeems a lot of their filth. Also Michael Malice from time to time.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
I hate the media too. But C'mon, Assange isn't as bad as anyone on CNN or MSNBC. BBC, Guardian etc are also scum, though GatewayPundit and Breitbart are pretty good tbh. Fox news has Tucker which redeems a lot of their filth. Also Michael Malice from time to time.
Bullshit. He's exactly like the CBC, CNN, BBC.

CBC loves Assange, he's their America bashing bum boi.

They just let the likes of Assange do their dirty work for them.

He's left wing media Covert Ops.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:11 pm
This is fucking retarded when you really consider it. Assange could testify, with material evidence, that the DNC hack was an inside leak and his leak was subsequently murdered before the deep state launched this Russia investigation farce.

We all know this is what happened with reasonable confidence, but the majority of morons out there do not, and shit could get really hard to explain once that gets out.
That would be cool if he did testify and humiliated the Dems more and made them look worse than they do. Idk if the DNC was an inside job. What would they gain from taking a shit in their own mouth like that?
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:20 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Bullshit. He's exactly like the CBC, CNN, BBC.

CBC loves Assange, he's their America bashing bum boi.

They just let the likes of Assange do their dirty work for them.

He's left wing media Covert Ops.

Fuck the Canadian news then. That being said, Assange has embarrassed Democrats too and I am fine with that. I would be fine with a pardon if he agreed in the future to only leak Democrat stuff. I think he'd do it to avoid prison. He'd be our inside man. Our man in Havana.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Our man in Ottowa.
Shikata ga nai