Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

heydaralon

Re: Prosecute Julian Assange ("I love Wikileaks!")

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:51 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:47 pm
Buy a condo in Pine Hills in Orlando. Lots of great street art. And from a real estate stand point its a buyers market.
I wouldn't buy property in hurricane alley.

Nor tornado alley.

I'll stay west of all that, thanks.
lol you have been brainwashed by the media in that regard. I have been through at least a dozen hurricanes (that I can remember) and every time the media always acts like life as we know it will end. If you have some POS shanty town house right on the beach, yeah you might be screwed, but Central Florida always fares fine. You lose power for a day or two sometimes even 4 to five days, but your house will not be destroyed. Maybe you lose some shingles. The power loss for a few days is annoying, but there are plenty of motels and hotels nearby. Hell, for Irma I stayed with my ex at some disney resort that she and her mom went to. Just have like 20 gallons of water on hand to be on the safe side (something every Florida resident should do anyway) and buy some batteries, and you are straight. I'm telling you man, hurricanes are the biggest scam (perpetuated by the news, retailers, and FEMA) in state history. NBD.
Shikata ga nai

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:46 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:45 pm
hey we have legal pot here in california but i'm afraid you might spontaneously combust if you set foot in this lefty commie state

actually most of the state leans red, its all maga country north of LA and east of frisco
I thought you lived in Hawaii. Damn.
nah i just spent a week there on vacation last year. i got a kick out of reading their lefty rag newspapers, atleast in honolulu the politics felt similar to california. but there are pockets all over the island that try to "keep the country country," even though they're an island and not exactly part of the country in the traditional sense but whatever
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:55 pm
In the end, my American side is Californian. I am a Californian at heart.

I'm just from the California of the late seventies, which was the best California ever.
yeah as much as i trash california i actually love the state, plenty to see and places to go, i drove the pacific coast highway the year before last, i have cousins that live in big bear, mammoth is always great, camping, fishing, whatever you need. LA sucks but there's plenty of entertainment there, music, amusement parks, festivals and shit and the stand up comedy scene is still solidly free-speech oriented. at least all the popular stand up comedians anyway

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:04 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm
heydaralon wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:
hey we have legal pot here in california but i'm afraid you might spontaneously combust if you set foot in this lefty commie state

actually most of the state leans red, its all maga country north of LA and east of frisco
nah i just spent a week there on vacation last year. i got a kick out of reading their lefty rag newspapers, atleast in honolulu the politics felt similar to california. but there are pockets all over the island that try to "keep the country country," even though they're an island and not exactly part of the country in the traditional sense but whatever
Smitty-48 wrote:

I'm just from the California of the late seventies, which was the best California ever.
yeah as much as i trash california i actually love the state, plenty to see and places to go, i drove the pacific coast highway the year before last, i have cousins that live in big bear, mammoth is always great, camping, fishing, whatever you need. LA sucks but there's plenty of entertainment there, music, amusement parks, festivals and shit and the stand up comedy scene is still solidly free-speech oriented. at least all the popular stand up comedians anyway
From what I have seen, California has some spectacular scenery, among the best in the nation. I'd like to see Yosemite and Big Sur before I die, and those coastal roads on the side of the mountains look amazing. But the politics are shit and I cannot in good conscience live there.

Personally, I think Washington is my favorite state in terms of natural beauty. I love the forests, beaches etc there. I am also very partial to wet overcast weather. It cheers me up and creates a great ambience. I wish it were overcast and rainy at least 360 days per year if not more.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:05 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:

Smitty-48 wrote:

LA doesn't bother me, chilling in the foothills by my grandparents swimming pool. It was bliss.

The house is still there. I can see it on Google street view. Hasn't changed a bit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:10 pm

hell yeah yosemite, this faggot knew what was up:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:10 pm

I thought that Joseph James DeAngelo bought your old house at some point though.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:13 pm

I like San Diego too. Hanging out at McP's with the Navy SEALs from Coronado.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:13 pm
I like San Diego too. Hanging out at McP's with the Navy SEALs from Coronado.
I have thought about getting a house in La Jolla, but the only thing stopping me is the lack of tens of millions in my bank acct.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:19 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:04 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Smitty-48 wrote:

From what I have seen, California has some spectacular scenery, among the best in the nation. I'd like to see Yosemite and Big Sur before I die, and those coastal roads on the side of the mountains look amazing. But the politics are shit and I cannot in good conscience live there.

Personally, I think Washington is my favorite state in terms of natural beauty. I love the forests, beaches etc there. I am also very partial to wet overcast weather. It cheers me up and creates a great ambience. I wish it were overcast and rainy at least 360 days per year if not more.
You need Western Ireland then.
Only 70 rain-free days a year and some of the finest scenery in the world (when you can see it through the rain). That's why they spend so much time in the pub.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Come spend a winter in this frozen wasteland and then tell me how much you hate LA.

Hate LA? Not me. Bring on the sunshine, baby.

Nec Aspera Terrent