Mass Shooting Thread -

Otern

Re: Mass Shooting Thread -

Post by Otern » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm

Looks like the shooter in Norway didn't own guns legally himself, thankfully. The media are still trying to push against legal gun owners though. Basically, he stole them from some family member or something.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Serious note:

I am starting to wonder if there really is a connection between autism and mass shootings. Autists represent a huge percentage of the mass shooters, much higher than their percentage of the general population. The articles you find trying to dismiss this idea are also such rubbish too, often trying to dismiss it because most autists aren't mass shooters (that's irrelevant to the hypothesis).

There probably exist some other factors; probably the combination of autism and SSRIs is a really, really fucking bad one. Of that I am sure. But just think back on all the mass shootings over the past few years. Almost all of them were autistic, including Stephen Paddock.

What you can't do is assume just because somebody is autistic they are a threat. Obviously most autistic people are not going to hide guns at work and shoot masses of people to death. But we should not ignore the connection to autism at all.

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:28 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm
Serious note:

I am starting to wonder if there really is a connection between autism and mass shootings. Autists represent a huge percentage of the mass shooters, much higher than their percentage of the general population. The articles you find trying to dismiss this idea are also such rubbish too, often trying to dismiss it because most autists aren't mass shooters (that's irrelevant to the hypothesis).

There probably exist some other factors; probably the combination of autism and SSRIs is a really, really fucking bad one. Of that I am sure. But just think back on all the mass shootings over the past few years. Almost all of them were autistic, including Stephen Paddock.

What you can't do is assume just because somebody is autistic they are a threat. Obviously most autistic people are not going to hide guns at work and shoot masses of people to death. But we should not ignore the connection to autism at all.
I think there's some truth to that. It looks like they're overrepresented among mass shooters. But they're also way less likely to commit all other kinds of violence though, so they're really not more dangerous than other people. They're underrepresented on the kind of violence that actually racks up the number of deaths, like domestic violence, gang related violence, and muggings.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Otern wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:28 pm
Serious note:

I think there's some truth to that. It looks like they're overrepresented among mass shooters. But they're also way less likely to commit all other kinds of violence though, so they're really not more dangerous than other people. They're underrepresented on the kind of violence that actually racks up the number of deaths, like domestic violence, gang related violence, and muggings.
That latter part is indicative of the larger decline in rational capacity of the average so-called western intellectual, though. I see endless sham articles making this point as if it disproves the initial hypothesis. It doesn't.

The hypothesis does not state having autism necessarily means you are a risk factor. The hypothesis states that something related to having autism is one cause of much of these mass shootings. Which is demonstrable from the statistics of the shooters alone. If there were no such connection, then the number of mass shooters who have autism should more closely match their percentage of the population (about 1.6% of the population). But they represent most of the shooters.

The other factors are still important; namely SSRI contributions and single-motherhood especially. But to deny autism is connected is either to show a supreme lack of rational faculty or to be willfully ignorant.

Some of these articles are really, really fucking stupid too. Their rhetorical tactic is to say shit like "well, most of them are men, so are men more threatening??" Derp.. Yes, bitch, men are more violent. Can we actually discuss the hypothesis??
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Otern wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm
Looks like the shooter in Norway didn't own guns legally himself, thankfully. The media are still trying to push against legal gun owners though. Basically, he stole them from some family member or something.
That's pretty standard for mass shooters here.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Otern wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:28 pm
Serious note:

He is over-simplifying something, and it's scary how easily that is acceptable. He needs to understand one thing, and so do you... that the people who have "autism" are lumped into it because doctors don't diagnose properly.

Beyond that, you also need to realize that they also had other issues, and they were ignored because people like SwA was looking for a single correlation.

He is nothing better than an environmentalist that is looking at one datapoint and ignoring all the others.
#NotOneRedCent

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:52 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:36 pm
He is over-simplifying something, and it's scary how easily that is acceptable. He needs to understand one thing, and so do you... that the people who have "autism" are lumped into it because doctors don't diagnose properly.

Beyond that, you also need to realize that they also had other issues, and they were ignored because people like SwA was looking for a single correlation.

He is nothing better than an environmentalist that is looking at one datapoint and ignoring all the others.
I don't see him proposing autism as a reason for mass shootings. But there seems to be a connection.

Mass shooters tend to be lonely and not properly socialized. People with autism have a more difficult time than normal people to connect with other people and socialize, so they tend to have more of the same problems these mass shooters have.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Otern wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:52 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:36 pm

I don't see him proposing autism as a reason for mass shootings. But there seems to be a connection.

Mass shooters tend to be lonely and not properly socialized. People with autism have a more difficult time than normal people to connect with other people and socialize, so they tend to have more of the same problems these mass shooters have.
Again, that is a severe over-simplification.

There is a difference between not wanting to socialize and wanting to but not being able to. Most autistic people want to, but the environment is too extreme when it comes to senses. Most people don't realize even with high-functioning as I am, I take Adderall to control my ability to focus because without it's like a normal conversation is cranked up to 11, and at the same time with a few people in the room it's like a person trying to keep track of 25 balls in a room the size of softballs. Each one bouncing around the room, not touching each other, but you got to dodge so you don't get hammered either, because each ball is a sound, a conversation, a smell, a sense that a "normie" may take for granted, for me, it's an abuse to my senses.

When I cooked, or write, or play a game, I focus on one thing... I try to block everything out, and I just work on it. It's why I am good at what I do... I can get a seven-course meal out for 25 people on time without any delay if I am allowed to do it my way.

You throw someone I don't know into the mix, and I fall apart...

The difference between normal people being anti-social and someone with Autism is not the same, it's literally night and day.

People who chose to just blame a disability for a reason without fully understanding it, such as StA has when I don't understand something to his like, or he thinks I don't... is narrow-minded in their comprehension because it's obviously not them.

I digress, the point is that to blame a disability or traits of a person that may share the common theme really is dangerous... because you may as well blame the Jews for all the lost jobs. The uneducated population will run towards the easiest scapegoat instead of truly attempting to understand the true reasoning behind something.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm

TC has reading comprehension problems.

But it's fucking hilarious the autist is one thread defending his hiding firearms around the workplace, and then in another thread trying to dispel the notion that autism is correlated to mass shootings.

Frightening if your wife or family member is in that building, though..
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:13 pm
TC has reading comprehension problems.
And you just have problems no prostitute will ever be able to fix.
#NotOneRedCent