Mass Shooting Thread -

Otern

Re: Mass Shooting Thread -

Post by Otern » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 am
I am just saying, autists are like decaying dynamite. You can see this guy is unstable, and the fact that he cached rifles at work is pretty fucking frightening when you think about it.

Maybe we shouldn't be that guy the media interviews after the fact who says he always thought something was off but never did anything about it.

Who wants to work with unstable autists who hide guns in the ceiling tiles at work? Raise your hands.
Nah, autists aren't really more dangerous than others. It's just that it's very easy to attribute autism as the reason once one of those guys goes off. I can see why guns could be more popular among autists than normal people though, in the same way autists like trains. They're mechanical objects that's fun to fondle.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 am

Otern wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am
I am just saying, autists are like decaying dynamite. You can see this guy is unstable, and the fact that he cached rifles at work is pretty fucking frightening when you think about it.

Maybe we shouldn't be that guy the media interviews after the fact who says he always thought something was off but never did anything about it.

Who wants to work with unstable autists who hide guns in the ceiling tiles at work? Raise your hands.
Nah, autists aren't really more dangerous than others. It's just that it's very easy to attribute autism as the reason once one of those guys goes off. I can see why guns could be more popular among autists than normal people though, in the same way autists like trains. They're mechanical objects that's fun to fondle.
I wasn't joking about him claiming to have cached guns in the ceiling above his desk at work. He was either lying about that or he really is a danger. Would you want to work next to an autist that hides gun at work? Serious question.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:12 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 am
I wasn't joking about him claiming to have cached guns in the ceiling above his desk at work. He was either lying about that or he really is a danger. Would you want to work next to an autist that hides gun at work? Serious question.
It depends. Why were he hiding it? And what kind of work? If he had a reasonable excuse to have a gun at work, maybe going hunting or target shooting afterwards, but his autism made him worry about how people would react to the gun, and he therefore hid it, there's no problem.

But yeah, I would prefer autist coworkers to keep their guns visible.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:14 am

Otern wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am

If you really want to go that route, if someone with Autism has a fascination with them, I can almost guarantee that the guns will be handled and taken care of better than 90% of those in the US as a whole.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:17 am

Nobody took better care of his rifles than Adam Lanza.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:17 am

Otern wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:12 am
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 am
It depends. Why were he hiding it? And what kind of work? If he had a reasonable excuse to have a gun at work, maybe going hunting or target shooting afterwards, but his autism made him worry about how people would react to the gun, and he therefore hid it, there's no problem.

But yeah, I would prefer autist coworkers to keep their guns visible.
And in my case it was protection, I have a license to carry and conceal. So there was nothing illegal about it. I kept it inside my desk, in a bag just in case shit hit the fan and I needed to get home. I never carried it while at the office because I didn't want to intimidate the snowflakes working there.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 am

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:17 am
Nobody took better care of his rifles than Adam Lanza.
:doh: They werent even his rifles. What is wrong with you? Are you suffering a break right now?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:42 am

Bug out bags could be an indication of autism. Have you ever seen some of these things on YouTube? It takes like half an hour just to unpack and name all of the different components of their collection.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:04 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:42 am
Bug out bags could be an indication of autism. Have you ever seen some of these things on YouTube? It takes like half an hour just to unpack and name all of the different components of their collection.
And? Mine was simple, it had a map of the state, it had a compass, a few fire starters, a few sets of clothes, a wire saw, fishing line, hook, a compact shovel as well as a few cartridges of ammo for reload if need be. an emergency medical kit, an aluminum blanket a regular poncho, dried fruit and foods, as well as a mirror, a shaving kit, and some money, and a small bar of gold just in case.

It would take me three days walk (slow and careful) to get home, a full day if I wanted take it fast.

My real bug-out stuff was a home, with my wife. She would have grabbed it, and my son when he was home at the time and gone someplace where we dictated was safe at the time to figure out what was going on and where to go from there.

If I ever used my bug-out bag it would have because SHTF and I needed to get home, no other reason than that.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 am

:whistle: