Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:01 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Well, in that case, Facebook is great.

I don't really believe that most corporations rely on peer reviews, do you ? If so, show me some evidence.
Facebook is just leading the way, by formalizing the existing political process. :lol:
WTF
You stated Facebook's work atmosphere is like every other corporation with peer reviews. Then you said they are leading the way. Which is it ?

If you are just like everyone else, your not leading the way.
I meant that most corporate promotion/advancement is based on peer approval. Then I ironically said that Facebook’s “great innovation” is to formalize the existing catty process that dominates corporate life.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Re: The internet takeover thread

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Big Tech are huge corporations, with most the problems and evils of huge international corporations, so I agree with you there. But Big Tech has been snooty as shit about how they know a better way, a friendlier corporate atmosphere. For instance, they refer to their massive corporate offices as a campus. Who the fuck are they trying to fool.

It's about image. I think that's what some of these employees are saying. They don't want to play office games, they just want to be judged on their work.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:28 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 pm
Big Tech are huge corporations, with most the problems and evils of huge international corporations, so I agree with you there. But Big Tech has been snooty as shit about how they know a better way, a friendlier corporate atmosphere. For instance, they refer to their massive corporate offices as a campus. Who the fuck are they trying to fool.

It's about image. I think that's what some of these employees are saying. They don't want to play office games, they just want to be judged on their work.
Stupid plebs.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:02 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 pm

They pretty much are a campus. Everything is there. Aside from all the office space, research labs, etc., there are cafeterias, a gym, and lots of classrooms for training. I used to spend a few days to a week each month or so in classes.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:44 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:15 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:21 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:01 pm

Facebook is just leading the way, by formalizing the existing political process. :lol:
WTF
You stated Facebook's work atmosphere is like every other corporation with peer reviews. Then you said they are leading the way. Which is it ?

If you are just like everyone else, your not leading the way.
I meant that most corporate promotion/advancement is based on peer approval. Then I ironically said that Facebook’s “great innovation” is to formalize the existing catty process that dominates corporate life.
Bullshit falsities- check

double talk or doubling down to cover tracks or to hide glaring shortcomings- check

get called on it- check

claim nuance, pedantry, irony, joking, sarcasm to try to dodge the obvious- check.

You can set a watch to it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:25 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 pm
Surveillance Capitalism

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01- ... capitalism
Needs more scare quotes.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:30 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:32 am

This seems like a good spot for a note about the wonders of the market.

Google: The end is nigh.
So why is the end nigh for Google? Because they are encouraging and rewarding mobbing behavior among their employees. Using a word in the culturally normal way in a technical presentation generated a couple of days worth of uproar on the company network.

All that activity occurred during work hours. Those people were not doing any revenue generating work while they were raging on about pronouns. But worse, now every guy who has a presentation to make is worried about what harmless word is going to be the next one to cause a mob. Will it be "team?" How about "shoe" or "badminton?"

Net result, the smart people who get all the work done are going to see that and leave the company. You can't work in an environment where snowflakery is more important than a major product presentation. The ones who are left behind, such as the idiot who objected to using the word "family" in a sentence, are the ones who DON'T ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING. They are a cost, not an asset.

Dead company walking.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 am

New Free Speech media platform...………….. No Filthy Collectivists Allowed, because they do not support Free Speech

https://zox.ee/

Anyone have any info on this ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience