Civil War Doomsday Clock

Martin Hash

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:47 am

The weakness of The Right (Libertarians are Far Right) is that they don’t adequately share their largess to have enough allies that when the mostly peaceful protestors come, somebody’s there to mostly peaceful them back. That’s the difference between a revolution and a civil war.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:01 am

"mostly peaceful them back"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:08 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:18 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 am
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:34 am
Sounds like a Comite de Salut Public.
Not gonna lie, had to look up that up, should not have. I'm well aware of the Committee of public safety
They did a lot early on. One of the reasons they were founded is because the judges and constables could not be trusted. Once those positions were elected by the locals and everything was good. But when those elected officials wouldn't apply the Kings Law, they replaced them with selected loyalists by decree.

More than one appointed judge or sherriff was literally run out of town on a rail.
The Committee filled the authority vacuum left by the breakdown of monarchical law and order. They were mostly peaceful. ;)
Like today, the urban centers by a vast majority supported the establishment(monarchy). The real revolution grew in the rural areas. People that were left behind economically and legally by the establishment.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:08 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 am

Not gonna lie, had to look up that up, should not have. I'm well aware of the Committee of public safety
They did a lot early on. One of the reasons they were founded is because the judges and constables could not be trusted. Once those positions were elected by the locals and everything was good. But when those elected officials wouldn't apply the Kings Law, they replaced them with selected loyalists by decree.

More than one appointed judge or sherriff was literally run out of town on a rail.
The Committee filled the authority vacuum left by the breakdown of monarchical law and order. They were mostly peaceful. ;)
Like today, the urban centers by a vast majority supported the establishment(monarchy). The real revolution grew in the rural areas. People that were left behind economically and legally by the establishment.
I didn't say there weren't plausibly good reasons to give Robespierre executive authority to maintain order. Still - we've got even better reasons to be wary of citizen defense leagues and the like.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 pm

Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 am
C-Mag wrote:

I didn't say there weren't plausibly good reasons to give Robespierre executive authority to maintain order. Still - we've got even better reasons to be wary of citizen defense leagues and the like.
Don't worry. The police will save us!

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 pm
C-Mag wrote:

I think that pic is of the Portland, FBI branch office. Thunder thighs there in the middle is gonna save ya
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:38 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:31 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 pm

I think that pic is of the Portland, FBI branch office. Thunder thighs there in the middle is gonna save ya
Yes sirree. Better to rely on our staunch blue line to save us from the people they're actively capitulating to on a regular basis. No worries here. Take all my guns, please.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:55 pm

I expect the most fearful Parisians were equally certain of the need for the Committee.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:45 pm

Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:55 pm
I expect the most fearful Parisians were equally certain of the need for the Committee.
"Fear is the mind-killer" - Bene Gesserit saying

p.s. New Dune movie coming. Looks awesome!
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:45 pm
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:55 pm
"Fear is the mind-killer" - Bene Gesserit saying

p.s. New Dune movie coming. Looks awesome!
Meh, I am holding my excitement in reserve for Dune...I read the book and remember the original movie, it has a lot to live up to.
#NotOneRedCent