Civil War Doomsday Clock

Zlaxer

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 am

Alan Greenspan says it’s ‘only a matter of time’ before negative rates spread to the US
No - not SurbanF Zerohedge article....CNBC article....this is bad...no way to caste it otherwise...US about to punish savers....

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/04/alan-gr ... he-us.html

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am

IDK how much of this is related to when I posted learn to swim in response to a CA topic. It was a lyric quote, not praise of the band. For the record, I love Rush, Tool has some ok songs.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:44 am

Map of all proposed states
Kinda fun, it does show how diverse our opinions are across the country and in the event of a ACW2, could be relevant
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:59 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:31 am
Glorious day Comrades! Hair God Emperor will soon allow tech demigods to reward the faithful and punish the wicked.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-administ ... buy-a-gun/
The Trump administration is considering launching a social credit score-style system in coordination with Big Tech that would use spy data collected from Amazon, Google and Apple devices to determine whether or not an individual can own a gun.
*Just saw it was an Infowars article.... :oops: but...
According to the Washington Post, Trump has reacted “very positively” to the idea.
This guy is such a moron

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:36 am

Everyone and their mother are predicting negative rates - how is this going to work long term? Government pays bank to borrow? Eventually bank pays borrowers to borrow? Only way this works is for government to create way more money than its currently does....

Thoughts?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:50 am

I'm being serious - I really don't understand the thinking that negative rates can work...anyone?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 am

The negative rates aren’t available to normal people. It’s for big banks only.
The only way to create money is to create debt somehow. The central banks want to create more money but no one needs to borrow. So they pay the banks to borrow.

It’s sick and unnatural. It won’t hold up. Something needs to change. Crypto something, jada jada.

I don’t understand why the central banks just don’t bypass the big banks. I know plenty of people willing to pay 0-1% on their house mortgage.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:39 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 am

I don’t understand why the central banks just don’t bypass the big banks. I know plenty of people willing to pay 0-1% on their house mortgage.
I have thought about the same idea. If we are going to have this shitty centralized monetary system, we might as well bypass the banks. Imagine if somebody like Andrew Yang declared that he will just instruct the Fed to lend directly to consumers (or maybe the Treasury can do it as an intermediary, since they already have a consumer wing that sells bonds to individual Americans as it is).

Instead of paying banks to lend money to consumers and businesses, they could sell the debts.

Obviously hugely risky, but so is what we have.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:46 am

It's a direct route to the USA imagined by Ernie Cline in Ready Player One.

Central bankers and politicians see moral hazard as a feature, not a bug.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:58 am