The Catholic Crisis of 2018

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Catholic Crisis of 2018

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:GCF is always like “Is something chipping away at a foundation of Western Civilization? SIGN ME UP, BROHAM!!!”
:doh:
Not for this. I’ve argued before that the Bible says nothing about a hell. I’m pretty shocked to hear that the pope said the same though.
:roll:
Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Psalm 9:17
The wicked go down to the realm of the dead, all the nations that forget God.
2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might
Matthew 13:50
and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.
Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;
Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Try another translation (seriously). The original term was "Gahenna", which is a trash pit, in which the ancient Jews used to sacrifice their kids by fire. Not a lake of fire and sulfur.

The idea is that the soul is destroyed, not that it stays in there screaming for a million years.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 pm

:roll:

Yeah, I'm sure that's why the eternity aspect is emphasized.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 pm

Okeefenokee wrote::roll:

Yeah, it would be actually.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:50 am

Fake news.
Vatican City, Mar 29, 2018 / 08:21 am (CNA/EWTN News).- On Thursday the Holy See stated that a reported interview between Pope Francis and an Italian journalist, which claims the Pope denied the existence of hell, should not be considered an accurate depiction of Francis’ words, but the author’s own “reconstruction.”

A recent meeting between Pope Francis and Italian journalist Eugenio Scalfari, 93, was a “private meeting for the occasion of Easter, however without giving him any interview,” the March 29 communique stated.

“What is reported by the author in today’s article is the result of his reconstruction, in which the literal words pronounced by the Pope are not quoted. No quotation of the aforementioned article must therefore be considered as a faithful transcription of the words of the Holy Father.”

Scalfari, a self-proclaimed atheist, is the founder and former editor of Italian leftist newspaper La Repubblica. In an article published on the site March 29, Scalfari claims that Pope Francis told him, “hell doesn’t exist, the disappearance of the souls of sinners exists.”

Scalfari’s fifth meeting with Pope Francis, it is not the first time he has misrepresented the Pope’s words following a private audience.

In November 2013, following intense controversy over quotes the journalist had attributed to Francis, Scalfari admitted that at least some of the words he had published a month prior “were not shared by the Pope himself.”

In a meeting with the journalists of the Foreign Press Association of Rome in 2013, Scalfari maintained that all his interviews have been conducted without a recording device, nor taking notes while the person is speaking.

“I try to understand the person I am interviewing, and after that I write his answers with my own words,” Scalfari explained. He conceded that it is therefore possible that “some of the Pope’s words I reported, were not shared by Pope Francis.”

Scalfari also falsely reported that Pope Francis had made comments denying the existence of hell in 2015.
Pope Francis has previously spoken about the existence of hell in public speeches, including at a prayer vigil in March 2014.

There he gave an address in which he said that members of the mafia should change their lives, “while there is still time, so that you do not end up in hell. That is what awaits you if you continue on this path.”
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... hell-53450

We need a new Pope, though. This is out of control. No more communist Popes.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:58 am

Time to go back to ex-Hitler youth Popes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:00 am

Benedict was a great Pope.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote::roll:

Yeah, it would be actually.
I love how the guy who never ceases to run his mouth about shit he doesn't know a fucking thing about, thinks we're all going to suddenly think he's a theologian.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:30 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I love how the guy who never ceases to run his mouth about shit he doesn't know a fucking thing about, thinks we're all going to suddenly think he's a theologian.
Well, at least he quoted his source... :twisted:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:02 am

Cardinals are saying Pope Francis knew about pedohilia and covered it up............ Calling for Pope Francis to resign.
Vatican City, Aug 25, 2018 / 07:00 pm (National Catholic Register).- In an 11-page written testament, a former apostolic nuncio to the United States has accused several senior prelates of complicity in covering up Archbishop Theodore McCarrick’s allegations of sexual abuse, and has claimed that Pope Francis knew about sanctions imposed on then-Cardinal McCarrick by Pope Benedict XVI but chose to repeal them.
Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, 77, who served as apostolic nuncio in Washington D.C. from 2011 to 2016, wrote that in the late 2000s, Benedict had “imposed on Cardinal McCarrick sanctions similar to those now imposed on him by Pope Francis” and that Viganò personally told Pope Francis about those sanctions in 2013.
https://truepundit.com/catholic-archbis ... pe-resign/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:23 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:51 pm
I like this guy. He’s got balls.
This has a whole new meaning in this thread after the last post.