Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Martin Hash

Re: Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:03 am

I think close intramural living situations reduce testosterone as a survival mechanism. This feminizes society so it doesn't value the things you listed, those are male/testosterone traits. The reason so many SoyBoys have half the testosterone of their rural counterparts isn't the soy, it's the submission to female dominance.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:06 am

That's a good point too. It could just be hormonal. If that's true, then the problem is easily solvable by dispersing the urban populations. But if it's genetic, I don't think the problem is easily solved since we would have an enormous population of maladapted humans infecting our nations. In that case, the solution may be containment and to let their populations dwindle naturally (as they are).

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am

People rise to the occasion. This is symptomatic of the inherent unused potential a significant portion of the population possesses. Half the people in cities could thrive anywhere, and would if forced to, but while they are under female domination, their innate hormone-related tendencies are suppressed, and this is natural.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:20 am

Definitions are needed for this discussion to have any meaning at all. What some of you mean by Urban and Rural isn't what the Feds say it is. Not long ago StA insisted NYC extended to mountainous and agricultural parts of eastern PA for discussion of crime.

StA insists cities are done. Citation needed. He says some industry is moving to rural areas, again, definition and citation needed. Not by any academic definition of rural that I've ever seen. Lower density cities perhaps.

Show data, not drunken musings.
https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/rural-e ... on-change/
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:33 am

Dude, don't lie. I was talking about the New York Metropolitan area. You were trying to limit crime stats to just inside the city limits of NYC, ignoring all the black communities outside those limits, dishonestly so I might add.

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Dude, don't lie. I was talking about the New York Metropolitan area. You were trying to limit crime stats to just inside the city limits of NYC, ignoring all the black communities outside those limits, dishonestly so I might add.
You can't accuse someone of dishonesty just because you choose to move the goalposts and talk about "Metropolitan areas" rather than cities because you thought it served your argument. In any case, choose your definitions for urban and rural and stick to it.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Remove corporate taxes from the equation and then compare with a mind towards the fact that business and industry already have begun to leave cities for rural communities (especially manufacturing, but I suspect tech is next).
I think there's still a balance. I live near a big city, and there are a number of companies actually moving into the city. The reason is that they are following the Millennials. Millenials are generating a resurgence of the city (at least the non-ghetto parts). Lots of apartments and condos going up. Some companies are following them there because they don't want to travel farther than they can walk for work. Not sure how sustainable it will be long-term, but that is the reality around here right now.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:13 am

brewster wrote:Show data, not drunken musings.
I'm all for using data to examine the reality of things. My problem is being able to trust it. A lot of data on the internet is packaged with an agenda in mind. Posting a chart doesn't automatically win the argument or prove the point.

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
brewster wrote:Show data, not drunken musings.
I'm all for using data to examine the reality of things. My problem is being able to trust it. A lot of data on the internet is packaged with an agenda in mind. Posting a chart doesn't automatically win the argument or prove the point.
Still better than "this is the pet theory I pulled out of my ass because it makes me feel good about my choices". Find data that you trust. My chart was from USDA, not very extreme by internet culture warrior standards. Did you go to that site? There's a lot of other charts.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 am

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Dude, don't lie. I was talking about the New York Metropolitan area. You were trying to limit crime stats to just inside the city limits of NYC, ignoring all the black communities outside those limits, dishonestly so I might add.
You can't accuse someone of dishonesty just because you choose to move the goalposts and talk about "Metropolitan areas" rather than cities because you thought it served your argument. In any case, choose your definitions for urban and rural and stick to it.

Dude, go quote me. I was talking about metropolitan areas from the start. You are flailing and being dishonest here.