Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

brewster

Re: Urban vs. Rural; What's to be done?

Post by brewster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Fife wrote: Argument by gif is no way to go through life, son.
Yes, I know most people here prefer just to argue that there are right without presenting any data to support it, but that's not my style. The GIF is a very dramatic illustration of where the economic activity is in this country.

Like I said the cities would be thrilled to be cut off from the rural areas sucking their tit. Farming hasn't been the basis of modern economy in 200 years. The guy who makes and sells wool suits makes far more than the sheep farmer.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 pm

brewster wrote:
Yes, I know most people here prefer just to argue that there are right without presenting any data to support it, but that's not my style. The GIF is a very dramatic illustration of where the economic activity is in this country.

Like I said the cities would be thrilled to be cut off from the rural areas sucking their tit. Farming hasn't been the basis of modern economy in 200 years. The guy who makes and sells wool suits makes far more than the sheep farmer.
Hello "Free" Trade.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Martin Hash wrote: Hello "Free" Trade.
Econ 101. You make more doing Value Added than extracting raw materials. That's why you want to be ADM processing food rather than a farmer growing it. Even my 30 year old Hardcore drummer BIL is running a Cannabis extracts lab in Cali. That's where the money is.

We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Oh, does he import his raw material?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:26 pm

brewster wrote:Like I said the cities would be thrilled to be cut off from the rural areas sucking their tit.
So is that an offer?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Can we also build a wall around the cities so they can't get out?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:04 pm

brewster wrote:Like I said the cities would be thrilled to be cut off from the rural areas sucking their tit.
Based on your arguments, I assume you support the cities. That it is perfectly just that they get to keep their money to themselves instead of giving it to the leeching rural population.

Do you also support rich individuals keeping their earned income instead of having to support those making far less and paying far less (or even 0) taxes? Or are you a hypocrite?

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:33 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Based on your arguments, I assume you support the cities. That it is perfectly just that they get to keep their money to themselves instead of giving it to the leeching rural population.

Do you also support rich individuals keeping their earned income instead of having to support those making far less and paying far less (or even 0) taxes? Or are you a hypocrite?
I haven't proposed concentrating the rich in ghettos, the way it's been proposed to cut off the cities. If I did, then it would be perfectly understandable for them to deny support to those who need it.

As for StA's proposal to not let them out of the cities, there goes your tourism, the only thing bringing significant cash into many, many non-urban areas. In quite a few states tourism is in the top 3 industries.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm

brewster wrote:

That could all change. And without even a EMP to wipe the digital and commercial economy out. Maybe we could value farming more. Maybe we could incentive better quality food for Americans made by Americans. Something like that. Then what would happen to the counties and small towns? Change our values change the world.
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:00 pm

When the EMP strikes, the rural areas around those mega cities will need to organize into armies to cut down all the dindus and desperate liberals fleeing the cities like locusts. For real.