Draining the Swamp

ssu

Re: Draining the Swamp

Post by ssu » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:13 am

C-Mag wrote:I 'd like ssu explain this, because the Most Corrupt level would put Trump in some lofty company for our Republic.
Your typical corrupt career politician ends up being a multi-millionaire. But with someone that's a billionaire already and has investment projects that are worth billions, the bribes simply get larger. And this administration has had the most millionaires. And as Trump has made no intention to put his wealth into a blind trust (which is understandable as his wealth isn't just savings) but even more dubious is the role of his family with the case of Jared and Ivanka in such positions in the White House. That some Jared needs a billion or so in financing his family investments opens a door for corruption on a totally different level that ordinarily seen. When you look at how much preferential treatment suddenly Trump ventures outside the US have gotten...

And of course, Trump has absolutely no intent to do anything about it. Drain the swamp was just an empty chant that he was suprised that it got the people excited. Even if he signed that degree on ban on lobbyists, Trump has hired many lobbyists to key government positions and the administration has to have at least 24 ethics waivers to key administration officials at the White House and executive branch agencies.

But yeah, Likely the Bush administration likely was even more corrupt as the whole scheme of "rebuilding Iraq" was on simply such a huge scale that other administrations pale in comparison.

Yet I thinks it's silly to act as if this administration would be doing anything to combat corruption.
Last edited by ssu on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:16 am

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:20 am

Your personal hunches make the Trump Admin 'One of the Most Corrupt Ever'. :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am

Whatever happened to that guy that dumped $30 million in steel-related stock a week before Trump announced his steel tariffs? That one smelled like some BS to me

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am

pineapplemike wrote:Whatever happened to that guy that dumped $30 million in steel-related stock a week before Trump announced his steel tariffs? That one smelled like some BS to me

Would be a mistake. US Steel, for example, is set to bounce off an s/r line. It either bounces from here or retreats back to the 29 range.

Tariffs on foreign steel aren't a bad thing for American steel manufacturers. At all.

China is not buying our steel. Most of the demand for American steel is in America.

On top of that, nobody beats our supersteel products. People already pay top dollar for the best American steel for knives and other products. There really is no competition.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:38 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:Whatever happened to that guy that dumped $30 million in steel-related stock a week before Trump announced his steel tariffs? That one smelled like some BS to me

Would be a mistake. US Steel, for example, is set to bounce off an s/r line. It either bounces from here or retreats back to the 29 range.

Tariffs on foreign steel aren't a bad thing for American steel manufacturers. At all.

China is not buying our steel. Most of the demand for American steel is in America.

On top of that, nobody beats our supersteel products. People already pay top dollar for the best American steel for knives and other products. There really is no competition.
American Steel is superior to anything I've seen and I work with steel on a lot of projects. Steel is not a giant part of the economy, but I'm willing to pay more to get American made nails, screws and hardware.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:46 am

C-Mag wrote:

American Steel is superior to anything I've seen and I work with steel on a lot of projects. Steel is not a giant part of the economy, but I'm willing to pay more to get American made nails, screws and hardware.
The Japanese would dispute the claim of American superiority in knife steel. :lol:

But yeah, tariffs are super great for the domestic business profits - just not the workers, or their customers.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

The Japanese would dispute the claim of American superiority in knife steel. :lol:

But yeah, tariffs are super great for the domestic business profits - just not the workers, or their customers.

They'd be totally wrong if they did dispute it. Japanese steel is used for cheap knives. I think most of Cold Steel knives are Japanese steel. The only thing shittier than Japanese steel is Chinese steel.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:58 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote: American Steel is superior to anything I've seen and I work with steel on a lot of projects. Steel is not a giant part of the economy, but I'm willing to pay more to get American made nails, screws and hardware.

Well, were not talking about Connor MacLeods sword here. The Japs WWII steel production was very limited, and after the war MacArthur gave the Japs the new electrically fired foundries to get them up and running. American Steel manufacturers and workers were fucking pissed that they were still using old Coke fired foundries. Here we beat Japan after their chicken shit sneak attack, then we go give them better technology. I believe there were strikes and boycotts over it. Truman took a lot of heat over it.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

They'd be totally wrong if they did dispute it. Japanese steel is used for cheap knives. I think most of Cold Steel knives are Japanese steel. The only thing shittier than Japanese steel is Chinese steel.
It should be pretty obvious (to all other readers) that I'm not talking about the mass market. They take justtttttt a bit of pride in their fine steel.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace