Draining the Swamp

DBTrek

Re: Draining the Swamp

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am

If you think about it, statist tax solves plenty of problems raised here.
The rich have "too much" ... well, rich folks who feel this is the case can spend themselves all the way down to the middle class, funding a government to take their colleagues down.

The 48% of Americans currently receiving government assistance, and constantly clamoring for more - good luck. Gonna have to open your own pocketbooks to fund a government to give you more. Oh, you can't do that? Well, damn. Guess you're gonna have to become productively employed so you can.

Everyone in the country actually paying the statist tax for action they want to see - well, if the government wants to keep getting money they're going to have to keep producing results. No more of this "we'll just raise taxes, fuckit, what are the plebs gonna do anyway" stuff.

Statist tax.
Government for people who can't get enough government.

Let me know when you need my address so you can mail the Nobel Peace Price in Economics and Political Science to me.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:57 am
Switch to a statist tax. Let the people who actually believe government is in the business of solving problems pay whatever tax they wish to fund the government they so heartily crave.

Maybe once they're spending their own money, instead of forcing others to sacrifice, they'll finally see the light.
They already have the opportunity, it never happens.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:08 am
If you think about it, statist tax solves plenty of problems raised here.
The rich have "too much" ... well, rich folks who feel this is the case can spend themselves all the way down to the middle class, funding a government to take their colleagues down.

The 48% of Americans currently receiving government assistance, and constantly clamoring for more - good luck. Gonna have to open your own pocketbooks to fund a government to give you more. Oh, you can't do that? Well, damn. Guess you're gonna have to become productively employed so you can.

Everyone in the country actually paying the statist tax for action they want to see - well, if the government wants to keep getting money they're going to have to keep producing results. No more of this "we'll just raise taxes, fuckit, what are the plebs gonna do anyway" stuff.

Statist tax.
Government for people who can't get enough government.

Let me know when you need my address so you can mail the Nobel Peace Price in Economics and Political Science to me.
I believe you’ve just reinvented the concept of ‘lobbying’.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:37 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 am

I believe you’ve just reinvented the concept of ‘lobbying’.
With a twist tho - lobbying as the only form of funding government.
So, you know - I'll chip in to the road, police, fire department, and standing military lobby.
But the rest of that shit y'all gonna have to handle for yourselves.
;)

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:43 am

DB, you idolize the wrong people. What the fuck has a rich person who inherited their wealth from a lucky forebearer ever done to deserve your unbridled admiration?

R U literally more proud of the money you've made than the accomplishments you've achieved? Do you consider accumulating money an accomplishment? Fuck, dude, spend your fucking money to finance more accomplishments. Fuck your kids; they can earn their own goddamn money.

Unless your main goal is to become part of the aristocracy? Is that it? Do you wish to establish a fiefdom? I warn you: the future you're advocating only has openings for a few very, very lucky winners, and everyone else is a serf. You're betting extremely long odds.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:43 am
DB, you idolize the wrong people. What the fuck has a rich person who inherited their wealth from a lucky forebearer ever done to deserve your unbridled admiration?

R U literally more proud of the money you've made than the accomplishments you've achieved? Do you consider accumulating money an accomplishment? Fuck, dude, spend your fucking money to finance more accomplishments. Fuck your kids; they can earn their own goddamn money.

Unless your main goal is to become part of the aristocracy? Is that it? Do you wish to establish a fiefdom? I warn you: the future you're advocating only has openings for a few very, very lucky winners, and everyone else is a serf. You're betting extremely long odds.
No, I'm simply a pragmatist with a teeny-tiny History degree. I think you and most other people are following the wrong narrative, despite your vast world experience and extreme education. Government indoctrination against the wealthy is subtle, globally prevalent, and often so transparent to those who adopt the belief that they're completely unaware they've been conditioned at all.

It's not that I love the rich. I simply recognize them as magnitudes less dangerous than the government. In fact, were we to put the body count of individual rich people up against the body count of governments - I think you'd be hard pressed to explain why more government and fewer rich people is preferable.

Bill Gates has never run a concentration camp. Jeff Bezos has never implemented a policy that starved 20 million people. Mark Zuckerberg has never buried villages of people and trampled the ground covering them with horses. Rich people are far, far, far less dangerous to me than a bunch of idiot citizens pretending that they're running a government.

Now, you might say - BUT THE GOVERNMENT IS MADE OF RICH PEOPLE. This is a case of A = B, but B *not* equaling A. Sure, the people in power tend to be wealthy - often directly from being in power. But you'll never catch them vilifying themselves, will you? Nancy Pelosi will never come out and say "Me defrauding the taxpayers with pork barrel projects for a lifetime has fucked you all over, I should be taxed into oblivion!"

Nope.

The rich people in government will always be trying to expand their own power and wealth at the expense of the rich people *not* in government. So you see, I don't think rich people are the problem. At least, they certainly aren't the problem anywhere near the level that government is.

So ... you want more government, which I consider the greater evil of the two. I'm ambivalent towards rich people existing. I don't believe the government when they tell me that Amazon caused the homeless crisis in Seattle. I don't believe the government when they tell me CEOs golden parachutes are causing the wealth gap and not their policies of offshoring jobs and printing money to infinity. In short, I don't drink the government's Kool-Aid on rich people anymore than I drink their Kool-Aid on white supremacists being the biggest threat to America.

But I accept that almost everyone else does chug that beverage.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:38 am

I know I got through to you. Hopefully, next year you’ll be advocating the most liberty to most people paradigm.

p.s. How could I personally have a beef with being rich? It’s awesome; everyone should do it. Doesn’t mean shit though.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 am

Good Post

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 am

Bill Gates has never run a concentration camp. Jeff Bezos has never implemented a policy that starved 20 million people. Mark Zuckerberg has never buried villages of people and trampled the ground covering them with horses. Rich people are far, far, far less dangerous to me than a bunch of idiot citizens pretending that they're running a government.
Not yet DB, Not Yet.
Or at least not yet in the US. Who knows what Final Solution they are part of in China or other 3rd world shitholes.

DBTrek wrote:
So ... you want more government, which I consider the greater evil of the two.
This
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 am
Good Post

DBTrek wrote:

Not yet DB, Not Yet.
Or at least not yet in the US. Who knows what Final Solution they are part of in China or other 3rd world shitholes.
Think about it tho ... even in China, the slave labor plants aren't going to be run by Microsoft or Apple. They'll be run by the Chinese ...wait for it ...

... government.

Our most vilified rich people in America - the Railroad Barons ... who gave them the power and leeway to do what they did? Who granted them the vast tracts of land? They didn't give it to themselves.

So rich people ... meh ... whatever.
/shrug

But keep that government shit away from me man, it's bad news.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:53 am

Right On.

This is why during OWS I said they were misdirecting their rage. All those Wall Street types could not abuse Americans economically without the consent, and engineering of laws to allow them to do it.

Look at Social Unrest right now. BLM and AntiFa are favored by Government and are allowed to right, burn and beat with impunity. There are no Right Wing/Conservative militias in the street because Government will not allow them. In Fact, the Government expressly defines the biggest danger to the US being domestic, White Extremism.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience