Draining the Swamp

DBTrek

Re: Draining the Swamp

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 am

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:59 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:36 am
Previous to Reagan it was working fine but he brought rates down from 70% to 28%. If a richy can only keep 30% of their income they make much different decisions than if they get to keep 72%! It’s a mathematical certainly that wealth will concentrate under today’s scenario.
History has proven, under our current way of doing taxes, the rich will always find a way to significantly reduce the amount of taxes they pay. When you are that wealthy it becomes cheaper to hide your money than to pay those taxes. This is why you need a taxation scheme that makes it impossible to avoid.
Indeed. We all need to help the corrupt government find better and more effective ways to strip wealth from people.
I can see why that should be everyone's #1 priority.
Who can tolerate rich people existing?
Better to have an armed cabal of narcissists in power to keep them in their place.
That will surely benefit the little people.

:doh:

Y'all just different creatures from me.
I see that now.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:18 am

If the government were to declare seizure of assets over $10m on death, those assets would be spread to other owners before death. The government would only receive the money of complete imbeciles, and the assets/wealth would at the very least go somewhere other than the owners’ children…
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:26 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:18 am
If the government were to declare seizure of assets over $10m on death, those assets would be spread to other owners before death. The government would only receive the money of complete imbeciles, and the assets/wealth would at the very least go somewhere other than the owners’ children…
Somewhere?
Gee. I wonder where.

You don't think it'd go into the pockets of ... government bureaucrats do you? Thereby incentivizing them to pursue such policies further ... since self interested humans are inclined to repeat behaviors that reward them? Fast forward until the only people consistently passing more than $10 million to their heirs are exclusively government bureaucrats. And now ... where before you had to tolerate the indignity of someone wealthier than you handing money to their heirs - now you have a system where the corrupt people ruling you and running a military and police force *are* the rich people.

Derp.
You short sighted, one-step-thinkng-motherfuckers.

I guess the whole of human history isn't a sufficient dataset for you to predict where these short-sighted ideas would take us.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:26 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 am
TheOneX wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:59 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:36 am
Previous to Reagan it was working fine but he brought rates down from 70% to 28%. If a richy can only keep 30% of their income they make much different decisions than if they get to keep 72%! It’s a mathematical certainly that wealth will concentrate under today’s scenario.
History has proven, under our current way of doing taxes, the rich will always find a way to significantly reduce the amount of taxes they pay. When you are that wealthy it becomes cheaper to hide your money than to pay those taxes. This is why you need a taxation scheme that makes it impossible to avoid.
Indeed. We all need to help the corrupt government find better and more effective ways to strip wealth from people.
I can see why that should be everyone's #1 priority.
Who can tolerate rich people existing?
Better to have an armed cabal of narcissists in power to keep them in their place.
That will surely benefit the little people.

:doh:

Y'all just different creatures from me.
I see that now.
Your complaint seems to be that aristocracy is okay, they earned it; God save the king.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:27 am

Marxists to the left of me, Aristocrats to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with no one.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:26 am
Your complaint seems to be that aristocracy is okay, they earned it; God save the king.
Rather be ruled by men who have to continuously fight to maintain their wealth and power than a collective of dipshits who simply empower midwit bureaucrat thugs to redistribute it (to themselves).

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:27 am
Marxists to the left of me, Aristocrats to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with no one.
Nah dude, you're clearly on the Marxist side.
Now get your government to go liquidate the rich for you, because evil capitalism has made winners and losers.
Can't have that.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:32 am

From the Right pole, everyone else looks to be left; as from the Left pole, everyone else appears to be right.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 am

Libertyist dogma: most liberty to most people.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:36 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 am
Libertyist dogma: most liberty to most people.
Anarchy delivers the most liberty to the most people.
You can't even tolerate people passing money to their heirs without itching to have a centralized authority "fix it" for you.
So ... I'm not sure how you view yourself as being on the side of liberty.