Draining the Swamp

C-Mag

Re: Draining the Swamp

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Check out the figures that take orders from the Deep State and run the Shadow Government. It's the Senior Executive Service, there's 9000 of them, highly secretive and unfireable.

We need to bring them down.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:This thread is dedicated to cataloging those fired, retired or removed from their posts due to corruption in Government Office. It will be bi-partisan, and focus on corruption as opposed to off duty malfeasance. I'll take recommendations to add to the list as well as people with varying a focus will have some I miss.
Bipartisan? Really C-Mag?

Or should one say objective? As a lot of those listed are there because Trump wanted the Russia thing to go away (as he gave the reason for firing the FBI director).

Likely Trump's administration is one of the most corrupt. After all, Trump was himself quite surprised how much that Cambridge Analytica invented term "drain the swamp" got tracktion. Trump found it hokey.

Of course foreign governments especially from the Middle East have occupied eagerly Trump Hotels and a lot of Trump International's foreign real estate projects have gotten a lot of support and local government assistance (in Indonesia, Panama etc.). But it goes further.

Let's start with the obvious ones and just to mention SOME examples:

Whitefish Energy Holdings: As part of the Hurricane Maria recovery effort, the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (Prepa) awarded a $300 million, no-bid contract to Whitefish Energy Holdings to help restore Puerto Rico’s power grid. When Hurricane Maria hit, the company had two full-time employees, but it hired more than 300 workers after being awarded the contract. Suspiciously, Whitefish Energy Holdings is located in Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s hometown in Montana. While Secretary Zinke maintains that he “had absolutely nothing to do” with the contract, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has since expressed “significant concerns” with the deal. After a request from Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló, Prepa cancelled Whitefish’s contract. However, under the terms of the cancellation, Whitefish continued working in Puerto Rico until November 30, 2017.

And then the most obvious: Jared Kushner and Ivanka.

- Of course there are the examples of Trump administration promoting the Trump brand and Ivanka's enterprises, but this could go into the field of simple ignorance of the upcoming administration.

- Remember Jared's sister promoting a real-estate Project with EB-12 when also stressing that the investment project “means a lot to me and my entire family,” and she made a point to highlight the important role of her brother in the White House? That only came up with someone recording it with his smartphone. But it's classic corruption.

- Kushner finances getting money from Israel. And then transferring the Embassy to Jerusalem. Business as usual I guess.
Shortly before Kushner accompanied the President on his first diplomatic trip to Israel, the Kushner family real estate company received a $30 million investment from one of Israel’s largest financial institutions, Menora Mivtachim. This transaction helped increase new equity into ten Maryland apartment complexes controlled by Mr. Kushner’s family firm, in which he still has a stake.
- Qatar had earlier turned down a half billion dollar investment in Kushner's 666 Fifth Avenue Project. Then unknown to the administration and especially Rex Tillerson, Trump changes his stance in the Saudi-Qatari rift to being against Qatar and pro-Saudi. Before the US line was to get both sides talking. Likely source of the policy change: Kushner. As officials in the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel, and Mexico discussed how to manipulate Mr. Kushner because of “his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience”, it's interesting to what comes of this. As the Mueller probe is looking at this, if there's something in it, we'll know.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 am

ssu wrote:
C-Mag wrote:This thread is dedicated to cataloging those fired, retired or removed from their posts due to corruption in Government Office. It will be bi-partisan, and focus on corruption as opposed to off duty malfeasance. I'll take recommendations to add to the list as well as people with varying a focus will have some I miss.
Bipartisan? Really C-Mag?

Or should one say objective? As a lot of those listed are there because Trump wanted the Russia thing to go away (as he gave the reason for firing the FBI director).

Likely Trump's administration is one of the most corrupt. After all, Trump was himself quite surprised how much that Cambridge Analytica invented term "drain the swamp" got tracktion. Trump found it hokey.

Of course foreign governments especially from the Middle East have occupied eagerly Trump Hotels and a lot of Trump International's foreign real estate projects have gotten a lot of support and local government assistance (in Indonesia, Panama etc.). But it goes further.

Let's start with the obvious ones and just to mention SOME examples:

Whitefish Energy Holdings: As part of the Hurricane Maria recovery effort, the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (Prepa) awarded a $300 million, no-bid contract to Whitefish Energy Holdings to help restore Puerto Rico’s power grid. When Hurricane Maria hit, the company had two full-time employees, but it hired more than 300 workers after being awarded the contract. Suspiciously, Whitefish Energy Holdings is located in Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s hometown in Montana. While Secretary Zinke maintains that he “had absolutely nothing to do” with the contract, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has since expressed “significant concerns” with the deal. After a request from Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosselló, Prepa cancelled Whitefish’s contract. However, under the terms of the cancellation, Whitefish continued working in Puerto Rico until November 30, 2017.

And then the most obvious: Jared Kushner and Ivanka.

- Of course there are the examples of Trump administration promoting the Trump brand and Ivanka's enterprises, but this could go into the field of simple ignorance of the upcoming administration.

- Remember Jared's sister promoting a real-estate Project with EB-12 when also stressing that the investment project “means a lot to me and my entire family,” and she made a point to highlight the important role of her brother in the White House? That only came up with someone recording it with his smartphone. But it's classic corruption.

- Kushner finances getting money from Israel. And then transferring the Embassy to Jerusalem. Business as usual I guess.
Shortly before Kushner accompanied the President on his first diplomatic trip to Israel, the Kushner family real estate company received a $30 million investment from one of Israel’s largest financial institutions, Menora Mivtachim. This transaction helped increase new equity into ten Maryland apartment complexes controlled by Mr. Kushner’s family firm, in which he still has a stake.
- Qatar had earlier turned down a half billion dollar investment in Kushner's 666 Fifth Avenue Project. Then unknown to the administration and especially Rex Tillerson, Trump changes his stance in the Saudi-Qatari rift to being against Qatar and pro-Saudi. Before the US line was to get both sides talking. Likely source of the policy change: Kushner. As officials in the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel, and Mexico discussed how to manipulate Mr. Kushner because of “his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience”, it's interesting to what comes of this. As the Mueller probe is looking at this, if there's something in it, we'll know.
:naughty:
For the love of Christ ssu, I just addressed these partisan claims by penner on the last page.

I'll just ignore the fact that I slam GOP agents far more than you slam Dem agents and respond to your silliness.

I didn't comment much on the Whitefish Energy issue. There's not much to comment on. While the company was awarded the job it was pulled due to public pressure. Not like it's a Solyandra where billions were paid out.

I've repeatedly commented on my distataste for nepotism in the Trump admin, and I regularily call Jared Kushner, Lil Kush as a derogatory term, so your not paying attention if you think I'm giving Trump a pass on that.

Our problem is fucking people that can't think outside the Red - Blue version of America that is pushed by corporate media. I realize that's probably all you ingest over yonder, but there's far more to it than that.
PLATA O PLOMO

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:50 am

Corruption has basically been made legal in the US. Perhaps the only limitation is modesty, that politicians can become multi-millionaires, but not multi-billionaires. It's more about simply taking bribes from lobbyists and pressure groups and pushing their political agenda or laws through, not yet outright theft.
I didn't comment much on the Whitefish Energy issue. There's not much to comment on. While the company was awarded the job it was pulled due to public pressure. Not like it's a Solyandra where billions were paid out.
Even if it didn't go through, it's the absolute classic corruption trick: give public contracts to a Company that you own by backchannels, take your share of the public money and then make the subcontractors make the actual thing.

Now Solyndra did get a loan guarantee from Obama's stimulus program and later a 25 million tax break, so I assume it's not in the billions. There the link I guess was that George Kaiser, one of the investors in Solyndra, gave money to Obama's campaign. But that's the "normal" legalized corruption of campaign contribution (of some 150 000$) turning into favourable government actions (a half billion dollar loan guarantee). Of course Solyndra's demise happen because the Chinese have cornered the market.
C-Mag wrote:Our problem is fucking people that can't think outside the Red - Blue version of America that is pushed by corporate media. I realize that's probably all you ingest over yonder, but there's far more to it than that.
I think the two parties are totally happy with their stranglehold on power in the US as they know that at least after 8 years it's likely they will be back in power. Hence they make a big effort to portray themselves as being something totally different from the other party. The media just plays this. Sure, the rhetoric is different and on some hot-potatoe issue they disagree, but otherwise both parties are quite the same when it comes what they do the most: divide how public income is distributed and to whom. Usually to those who make the campaign contributions.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:30 am

Corruption by globalists is at epidemic level around the world. It affects your country and mine. They've got their got their group think policies, global warming, open borders, etc. I'd rather countries think and act independently.

The corruption were not talking about here is the press.
The Whitefish Energy thing fell through because the press did it's job. The press however turned a blind eye to numerous scandals or downplayed them with their favorites. I fully believe that the US government is run largely by a shadow government, part of that is control of the Corporate Media message. The shadow government are comprised of longstanding members of Congress, the Intelligence Services and the Senior Executive Service. I'm sure most governments have these types of ticks burrowed in. For us, we need to find a way to change these laws that allow the ticks to feed off the host.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:41 am

How is the Corporate media propaganda is controlled ?
Through a number of small agencies we've never heard of. Broadcasting Board of Governors(Est. 1999), the Global Engagement Center(Est. 2016 - oddly no Wiki page), and the US Digital Service(Est. 2014).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast ... _Governors
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-domes ... red-2013-7
https://www.state.gov/r/gec/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... al_Service
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:25 am

It's obviously more insidious than that.

We see the same coordinated messages across all the networks now. There is no way that independent media corporations all independently come up with the exact same propaganda lines and broadcast them at the same time.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's obviously more insidious than that.

We see the same coordinated messages across all the networks now. There is no way that independent media corporations all independently come up with the exact same propaganda lines and broadcast them at the same time.
Yes, very obvious. State Propaganda. The Deep Staters put in the mechanisms, then strengthen them over time. You get media agencies, then staff it with Senior Executive Service people, then get Congress to make it illegal for you to fire them and you can run the government and media no matter what happens.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 am

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:36 am

The Senior Executive Service, the Secret Unaccountable Government

PLATA O PLOMO