I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Montegriffo

Re: I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Cecil Rhodes
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:For most of the last 5000 years we were the shithole nations that China looked down it's nose at.
Who knows where Africa would be now without 300 years of unwelcome interference. They might not have reached the heights of western culture but they would be better off without our redrawing of the map and our policy of divide and rule.
Look up Greater Zimbabwe or the Benin bronzes before you write of a whole continent as a self inflicted shithole.
Wait ... so Africa would be better off if white People didn’t fuck it up, even though they had tens of thousands of years to make it better without white interference and it just didn’t happen?

Even though their contact with whites has led to infrastructure, medicine, and education in those places that we “fucked up” while those places we didn’t fuck up are pretty much the same now as they’ve been for thousands of years?

How does that work? I mean, it makes no sense, what you’re saying. The empirical evidence is against it.
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Cecil Rhodes
One of the greatest Britons in the history of the Empire, wot?

Fun fact; the term "Rhodes Scholar"; to be post graduate at Oxford, is named after Cecil and his scholarship program.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Built at roughly the same time, which was the shithole continent at the time?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm

I’m not saying slavery or colonialism don’t have bad things to answer for. I’m just curious to hear how the very specific ills of slavery and colonialism are responsible for the collective woes of humanity on the African continent over a two-hundred thousand year period.

Seems like a bit of a stretch.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

Fun fact; the term "Rhodes Scholar"; to be post graduate at Oxford, is named after Cecil and his scholarship program.
Great for Britain, not so great for Zimbabwe.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Image

Built at roughly the same time, which was the shithole continent at the time?
Africa was, the pyramids were built by slaves whipped to death with alacrity by a tyrannical Pharaoh, Celtic Briton was far more civilized, plus the climate was much more moderate, Egypt is too bloody hot.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:35 pm

The Egyptians were not blacks -- hence the term sub-Saharan Africans being the new way to say black people without getting shouted down as a racist.

It's like an intellectual steam bypass valve for leftists. It let's them just assume, oh, it's a shit hole because it's south of Sahara, rather than because of the people.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Great for Britain, not so great for Zimbabwe.
Rhodesia was infinitely better than Zimbabwe, it was the Jewel of Africa, until the Africans started running it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:39 pm

DBTrek wrote:I’m not saying slavery or colonialism don’t have bad things to answer for. I’m just curious to hear how the very specific ills of slavery and colonialism are responsible for the collective woes of humanity on the African continent over a two-hundred thousand year period.

Seems like a bit of a stretch.
A continent which could produce metalwork so fine that nobody could believe it was made by Africans with an Empire stretching from tip to toe was carved up, had it's gold and precious resources stolen and it's manpower sold into slavery. If you can't see how that would stiffle it's developement then I don't know what could convince you.