I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

kybkh

I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by kybkh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:14 am

Yes, the danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And they’re certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing

I don't understand what is happening to our society. Trends like this concern me however because even as the white middle class loses ground there are still demands for them to give more. All the while, the wealth gap grows and the standard of living decreases.

I still need to be convinced on why I should make my children's lives more difficult than mine has been and how by doing so, my children's and my grandchildren's lives will be better as a result.

The oppression of black people is over with. This is politically incorrect news, but it is true nonetheless. We blacks are, today, a free people. It is as if freedom sneaked up and caught us by surprise...

What happened was that black America was confronted with a new problem: the shock of freedom. This is what replaced racism as our primary difficulty. Blacks had survived every form of human debasement with ingenuity, self-reliance, a deep and ironic humor, a capacity for self-reinvention and a heroic fortitude. But we had no experience of wide-open freedom.

Watch out that you get what you ask for, the saying goes. Freedom came to blacks with an overlay of cruelty because it meant we had to look at ourselves without the excuse of oppression. Four centuries of dehumanization had left us underdeveloped in many ways, and within the world’s most highly developed society. When freedom expanded, we became more accountable for that underdevelopment. So freedom put blacks at risk of being judged inferior, the very libel that had always been used against us.

To hear, for example, that more than 4,000 people were shot in Chicago in 2016 embarrasses us because this level of largely black-on-black crime cannot be blamed simply on white racism.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/black-prot ... 1515800438
Last edited by kybkh on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

clubgop

Re: I Am the Least Racist Person You Know

Post by clubgop » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 pm

The crazies running your shit illustrated.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:38 pm

I guess the Obamaphones did not help.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm

It feels strange and uncomfortable to have responsibility for one's own problems.
Or to let others take responsibility for their problems.

Sometimes both.
Last edited by DrYouth on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:53 pm

DrYouth wrote:It feels strange and uncomfortable to have responsibility for one's own problems.
Or to let other's take responsibility for their problems.

Sometimes both.

Then when society makes you responsible for all the problems caused by women and minorities, that's what it's like to be a white man.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Then when society makes you responsible for all the problems caused by women and minorities, that's what it's like to be a white man.
I am a white man... you don't need to tell me what it's like.
We are used to being responsible for our problems.
We are also used to being responsible for everyone else's problems.
The white man's burden, remember.

What we aren't used to is allowing other's to be responsible for their own problems.
Not taking delivery, as it were.
That's the challenge.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:57 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Then when society makes you responsible for all the problems caused by women and minorities, that's what it's like to be a white man.
I am a white man... you don't need to tell me what it's like.
We are used to being responsible for our problems.
We are also used to being responsible for everyone else's problems.
The white man's burden, remember.

What we aren't used to is allowing other's to be responsible for their own problems.
Not taking delivery, as it were.
That's the challenge.

It's really the leftist man's burden. I don't feel it one bit.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's really the leftist man's burden. I don't feel it one bit.
So Rudyard Kipling was a leftist?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:It's really the leftist man's burden. I don't feel it one bit.
So Rudyard Kipling was a leftist?

That was a different time. The people doing it now are just liberals, man. It's nonstop liberalism these days. White imperialists are extinct for the most part.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: That was a different time. The people doing it now are just liberals, man. It's nonstop liberalism these days. White imperialists are extinct for the most part.
Well, I know that of course... what I'm saying is that it's like a hang over from those times.