Weed legalization thread

pineapplemike

Re: Weed legalization thread

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:43 pm

as much as i'd like to make a new thread and leave this thread at 420 posts, i'll post it here anyway
House Bill Introduced to Remove Marijuana from List of Controlled Substances
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/ ... 8820bd6c3e

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) says that ending the federal prohibition of marijuana is smart policy and, on Thursday, she is introducing legislation in Congress to do just that.

The 2020 presidential candidate also appears to know that endorsing cannabis legalization is smart politics.

"The fact that marijuana's still a Schedule I drug is unacceptable in the harm that it is causing to the people of our country and to taxpayers as well," Gabbard said in a phone interview this week.

Gabbard and Rep. Don Young (R-AK) are teaming up to file two new cannabis bills. One would remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act—a process known as descheduling—so that states can set their own laws without interference.

"The impact this has on individuals, potentially leading to criminal records that impact them, their families, their ability to get a job, housing, financial aid for college—the impacts of this are great," she said of the hundreds of thousands of arrests for cannabis offenses that take place every year in the U.S. "That's not to speak of the impact on states, small businesses and banks in those states that have legalized some level of marijuana."

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:47 pm

Killing OBL and easing up on the Reefer madness.
Two good things I could say for Obama.

Trying to think of a third ...

... lemme Google.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 pm

choom gang!

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:10 am

My case against legalizing Weed has been that we haven't studied the long term effects of using the drug. Lefties and Libertarians have always made the case that Mary Jane is the safest Drug Evahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well that may not be the case.

Continued pot use makes you Dumb
During the follow-up, participants were given standard cognitive tests that measured three things: processing speed (for example, solving simple math problems), verbal memory (word recall), and higher-level skills that show how well different parts of the brain are working together.

The longer people used marijuana, the worse they did on all three fronts. However, after accounting for other factors that could affect brain performance, such as education level, only the association between long-term marijuana use and verbal memory persisted. Specifically, for every five years that someone uses marijuana
https://news.yahoo.com/years-smoking-we ... 920406.htm
l

Which any high school kid could have told your but the Lefties and Libertarians told you was a myth.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:17 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:10 am
My case against legalizing Weed has been that we haven't studied the long term effects of using the drug. Lefties and Libertarians have always made the case that Mary Jane is the safest Drug Evahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well that may not be the case.

Continued pot use makes you Dumb
During the follow-up, participants were given standard cognitive tests that measured three things: processing speed (for example, solving simple math problems), verbal memory (word recall), and higher-level skills that show how well different parts of the brain are working together.

The longer people used marijuana, the worse they did on all three fronts. However, after accounting for other factors that could affect brain performance, such as education level, only the association between long-term marijuana use and verbal memory persisted. Specifically, for every five years that someone uses marijuana
https://news.yahoo.com/years-smoking-we ... 920406.htm
l

Which any high school kid could have told your but the Lefties and Libertarians told you was a myth.
I believe there should be a differential between pot use a CBD oils... but for me that is another kettle of fish, or hill to die on as well.

I think the issue here is we also need to understand the amount of pot utilized vs what should be acceptable.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:17 am

I believe there should be a differential between pot use a CBD oils... but for me that is another kettle of fish, or hill to die on as well.

I think the issue here is we also need to understand the amount of pot utilized vs what should be acceptable.
At this point, I'm pretty much an Anarchist on drugs. You want to be a Heroin addict, cool. Kill yourself.
My guess is that no one knows or cares what's in THC products or CBD products, and I suspect a lot of people that are using CBD products are getting THC.

Lefties and Libertarians won on this issue. More Liberty in an age of reduced Liberty. You want to be stoner, cool, don't raid my fridge.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:09 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:17 am

At this point, I'm pretty much an Anarchist on drugs. You want to be a Heroin addict, cool. Kill yourself.
My guess is that no one knows or cares what's in THC products or CBD products, and I suspect a lot of people that are using CBD products are getting THC.

Lefties and Libertarians won on this issue. More Liberty in an age of reduced Liberty. You want to be stoner, cool, don't raid my fridge.
I use CBD products, and the amount of THC in the products are meant to be extremely minuscule, you would have to pretty much OD have to take an entire bottle of CBD to even feel anything of a buzz (it is not suggested)

I don't take anything without research, I stopped taking medications for ADHD, etc and I am strictly on CBD... and I'll tell you right now I don't get a racing heart anymore, I don't get anxious anymore, and my mood is much more stabilized...

I've been second-hand stoned before, and taking CBD oils is nothing like getting stoned.

I tried everything before I tried CBD... it is not a cure, but if it means saving not only money, but not having so many side effects long or short term, I'm all for it. I refuse to go back on medications that make me feel like shit...

Lefties haven't won the issue, they have abused the issue... if they worked on actually wanting to get CBD out to the public, and separate themselves from the weed groups out there, the world probably would be better off.

You need weed for pain, go for it... but that requires a doctor. If you want my non-professional opinion, there is a reason I am also moving down south, and looking at a larger plot of land... it's to grow or perfect growing plants that are stronger in CBD and not THC... just so that we can get away from the "pot is evil" crowd... because if you make plants that you can't get high on, but are medically superior, the people who demand that all pot is bad, lose their ace...
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 pm

I'm not into CBD. I'm not convinced its just some innocuous pain killer. Like the jab, I'm happy for you to be my guinea pig.

I call CBD Pot for Conservatives :lol:
You guys all claim its something different, and your not a drug addicted pot head, but I can't tell the difference.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:52 pm
I'm not into CBD. I'm not convinced its just some innocuous pain killer. Like the jab, I'm happy for you to be my guinea pig.

I call CBD Pot for Conservatives :lol:
You guys all claim its something different, and your not a drug addicted pot head, but I can't tell the difference.
CBD does not have or such small trae amounts of THC that it won't affect a person that way. Normally about 0.3% per dose.

I was hesitant to try it but with COVID and the ducking masks I was starting to get panic attacks and my adderol wasn't helping.

Not we're my mood stabilizers.

Since I've taken this stuff I've been more even-keeled and I don't have the side effects.

For me that's good.

I can't stand potheads btw, they drive me crazy.
#NotOneRedCent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:10 am

I'll use pot, THC, or CBD.
I wasn't raised a puritan, and I'm not afraid of intoxicants.

Less afraid the closer I get to life's end zone.
Cuz guess what, folks - the game ends.
And no amount of clean or safe living can protect you from that.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"