Weed legalization thread

heydaralon

Re: Weed legalization thread

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:49 pm

I guess the Rock is allowed to defy McCollough v. Maryland. Judicial review does NOT apply to marijuana, but it does apply to cage matches and pink slip on a pole matches. A lot of losers on here are having trouble with the judicial branchs role in weed and wrestling. Its not hard, unless you are an original intent theorist, in which case you need look no further than Sam Patch and Niagara Falls. A TLC song was written dor this brave mans exploits.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:49 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
There ya go winning allies. People who don't want drugs in their communities are the neutered american taliban. Keep on like that and you'll have everyone on your side. :roll:
My “side” doesn’t need the neutered American Taliban. America doesn’t need them, if you haven’t seen the trend of the last hundred years.
They desperately need the allies, not me.
The momentum is already going my way.
But if they want to broad brush me and celebrate setbacks based on government inspired caricatures, then by all means - let them eat shit.
Are you beginning to see why a large segment of society isn't tripping over itself to help you?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:50 pm

It's weird how some of you can't form an opinion until you know how much the other "team" will dislike it. It matters not how you feel about it, all that matters is sticking it to the other side.

Damn - what a shitty moral compass. You should get refunds.
Account abandoned.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Fife wrote:Two points that are important in all the conflating of praying/self-defense/&c and smoking bowls going on in this thread:

1. There is no (explicit) constitutionally-protected right to smoke weed.

2. (Infinitely more important) There is no (explicit, implied, or theoretical) constitutional authority for Congress to outlaw weed.
Ok this is on topic rather than beating a dead straw man. I'd agree with 1 and disagree with 2. If they can't regulate dangerous materials there's a problem. We don't want dynamite sticks for sale at the 7-11. The issue is who and how decides what is dangerous. Weed is provably not as dangerous as Alcohol, tobacco or any number of other products and substances that are legal. So why is legalizing such a big deal?

Kath, sweet observation!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Kath wrote:It's weird how some of you can't form an opinion until you know how much the other "team" will dislike it. It matters not how you feel about it, all that matters is sticking it to the other side.

I dont need a compass to understand who the title belt should have gone to. Ill give you a hint, it was Val Venus.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: Are you beginning to see why a large segment of society isn't tripping over itself to help you?
What are you even talking about? I’m not collecting public funds to support my gym membership, you have me confused with someone else. It’s the NAT constantly going to the public with their hand out, not me.

What I see is state after state rejecting Marijuana criminalization by the will of the people.

Clearly you’re confused on who needs the allies.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Kath wrote:It's weird how some of you can't form an opinion until you know how much the other "team" will dislike it. It matters not how you feel about it, all that matters is sticking it to the other side.

Hey, boy. Them yankees is a comin' hard, and we need you to pitch in with the defense. Sorry about the slavery. Here's your rifle.

Hey, all you Jews. I know our relationship has been on the rocks lately, but the rooskies are at the gates and your fuhrer needs you.

DB said it himself. Just a neutered american taliban that no one wants or needs. I can't imagine why they aren't throwing themselves on the palisades for you.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm

brewster wrote:
Fife wrote:Two points that are important in all the conflating of praying/self-defense/&c and smoking bowls going on in this thread:

1. There is no (explicit) constitutionally-protected right to smoke weed.

2. (Infinitely more important) There is no (explicit, implied, or theoretical) constitutional authority for Congress to outlaw weed.
Ok this is on topic rather than beating a dead straw man. I'd agree with 1 and disagree with 2. If they can't regulate dangerous materials there's a problem. We don't want dynamite sticks for sale at the 7-11. The issue is who and how decides what is dangerous. Weed is provably not as dangerous as Alcohol, tobacco or any number of other products and substances that are legal. So why is legalizing such a big deal?

Kath, sweet observation!
What is the authority Congress has to regulate weed, or dynamite sticks? You're gonna have to show that to me.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

Hey, boy. Them yankees is a comin' hard, and we need you to pitch in with the defense. Sorry about the slavery. Here's your rifle.

Hey, all you Jews. I know our relationship has been on the rocks lately, but the rooskies are at the gates and your fuhrer needs you.

DB said it himself. Just a neutered american taliban that no one wants or needs. I can't imagine why they aren't throwing themselves on the palisades for you.
What are you talking about?
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

Who needs the NAT? They can’t turn a war. They can’t even return support. They are utterly useless, outmoded, and parasitic. Let’s all wave at them from the shore as their drowning asses bray about how they won’t help us now... as if they helped us ever.
Lulz
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"