Weed legalization thread

brewster

Weed legalization thread

Post by brewster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 am

Don't you think this deserves a dedicated thread? Currently 69m Americans live in states that have legalized recreational use, and 122m more live in medicinal legal states. More than 60% of the population in 28 states. And anyone using there are criminals in the eyes of the Federal Government. Why is this not a huge "states rights" issue for those who believe in limiting Federal power? People cry "states rights!" when states are trying to take away freedoms from people, or when its about guns, but not when they advocate for freedom to smoke weed? This is shaping up to be a defining showdown, don't you think? Even more than "sanctuary" states and cities.

And now Trump has advocated doubling down. Why? Who is he pandering to? Not the younger part of his base for sure. I doubt this is a "deeply held belief" since he doesn't appear to have any. Does the GOP caucus even believe this, or is it just Sessions?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Weed legalization thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am

It's just Sessions. Trump put him there to pander to the rural religious.

Please just legalize this shit already. I've been listening to people talk about it for my entire adult life.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:31 am

There's no federal jurisdiction over that product.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 am

Fact is, potheads have created this thread at least four times that I can remember, but they forget they made it and keep making new threads to repeat themselves.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 am

Fuck Jeff Sessions and the automated dildo pony he rode in on.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:47 am

Who cares?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 am

Me.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 am

cry "states rights!" when states are trying to take away freedoms from people, or when its about guns, but not when they advocate for freedom to smoke weed?
Sick false equivalence though

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 am

At least there is still this to amuse me.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:56 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Who cares?
Um, all the people in jail for possession, for starters. Then all the people harmed and killed by the organized crime distribution system. It's easy to go on and on till you get to the guy who just wants to chill without breaking the law.

What's the false equivalence? Or is that just a phrase you heard? Letting people smoke weed is very much like letting them have guns, except with far fewer casualties. The only difference is an interpretation of the 2nd Amendment give you a right to a gun.

StA, I searched and found commentary in other threads, but not a thread on the subject. Funny though.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND